Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    1. Semi-n00b
      Cars
      2010 370Z
      10-29-2013 01:38 AM #1

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 10-29-2013 09:37 AM #2
      All engines are mated to the standard 6-speed S tronic® transmission, <b>which provides the driver immense shifting flexibility and driving pleasure</b> with smooth, dynamic acceleration and virtually no interruption to the power flow.
      Uh methinks you are talking about a 6sp MANUAL. Love how an auto suddenly is described this way . I am surprised that for CA they don't just offer the AWD, is the take rate for the FWD worth it in that market?

B.

4. Member
      10-29-2013 10:24 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by BrutusA3 View Post
      Uh methinks you are talking about a 6sp MANUAL. Love how an auto suddenly is described this way . I am surprised that for CA they don't just offer the AWD, is the take rate for the FWD worth it in that market?

B.
      I dunno, took a B8 S4 S-Tronic, for a spin again because my clutch is going (again, and didn't even add a crap load of power this time, was sized right too).

I have owned manual transmissions all my driving life (15+ yrs) and maybe my old age is catching up after driving 400-500 lbs-ft clutches, but it was nice to have an automatic that shifted so incredibly smooth and fast, and of course not having the nasty single mass flywheel crying.

The only time I missed manual was when I was at a stop sign in the country road, slammed down the gas while in 'manual' mode. Went to shift to 2nd (ironically same position as where 2nd would be), with left foot as a reflex and that moment where I was like 'WHERE IS THE CLUTCH?!?!? IS IT BROKEN'. Oh ya...followed by the blip in the exhaust and constant pull.

I think that test drive and my clutch going sealed it, I don't think I can wait till fall for a S3, it's was only slipping in 6th on Saturday, but yesterday already slipping in 3rd...
      Last edited by Rudy_H; 10-29-2013 at 10:31 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 10-29-2013 10:28 AM #4
      Nice base price...

As predicted, it can't be more than 33k based on the fact that the US base car is already so fully loaded and is only 30k, so Audi Canada has no justification for having a significantly higher base price like the previous generation.

Cars
      2008 Cayman S, 2006 GLI, 2008 Rabbit
      10-29-2013 10:38 AM #5

B.
      Take my enthusiast card or man card or whatever card you have to take for peace in your world, I don't care... I really enjoy DSG/ S-tronic, and I don't think it takes away from my experience with the car one bit.
      Ride In: 2008 Signal Green Cayman S Sport 378/700 .:. 2006 Plat Grey GLI .:. 2008 Sage Green Rabbit
      Ride On: 2010 Trek 2.1 .:. 2011 Fisher Cobia

8. Member
      10-29-2013 04:11 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by Dan Halen View Post
      Take my enthusiast card or man card or whatever card you have to take for peace in your world, I don't care... I really enjoy DSG/ S-tronic, and I don't think it takes away from my experience with the car one bit.

Don't worry with the haters, that DSG is gonna be great...don't like DSG buy something else, simple ............. 31K base yaaaaaaaaay .... Nice to see Audi breaking that manufacture mass hike up in prices when coming to canada..... I expect it to sell very very well...

9. 10-29-2013 04:40 PM #7
      There is nothing else to buy. I have come to the acceptance that manual is a thing of the past in this country, but does not mean I like it. Yes I hope the A3 auto is great, but would I prefer the option of a manual, hell yes. It would be nice if they had some option for it heck I would pay for it like it was a feature. I find it funny to use descriptions of an auto as if it was a manual. Oh well. Can't wait to test drive. Man this waiting it brutal, talk about dangling the carrot.

B.

10. Member
      10-29-2013 07:34 PM #8
      There is nothing else to buy. I have come to the acceptance that manual is a thing of the past in this country, but does not mean I like it. Yes I hope the A3 auto is great, but would I prefer the option of a manual, hell yes. It would be nice if they had some option for it heck I would pay for it like it was a feature. I find it funny to use descriptions of an auto as if it was a manual. Oh well. Can't wait to test drive. Man this waiting it brutal, talk about dangling the carrot.

B.
      Its depends really, I have other cars to track (that are manual), so for me a daily car in traffic, DSG is nice.... If the A3 is your only car I can see the point of wanting manual... If I was you, I would go with the S3, I'm sure that the shifting will be faster that the A3 DSG, bigger brakes, and more power if you want the best of both worlds.... their might be hope yet, maybe special order manual for the S3

Your right about nothing else to buy, everything else in this range falls way short of the A3/S3... and its the best looking of the bunch (reference to BMW and Merc, and Im not being bias as I like all brands)

Cars
      10-29-2013 07:40 PM #9
      Man this waiting it brutal, talk about dangling the carrot.

B.
      I know that's right. It's not even an instant gratification thing for me, either. The sooner I can get the car, the sooner I can pay it off and be without car payments again. Also, the sooner it gets here, the better chance I have of being able to get nearly free money. I can get 1.79% for 60 months through my CU right now, and I'm getting worried that rates will inch back up before I can swoop in.
      Ride In: 2008 Signal Green Cayman S Sport 378/700 .:. 2006 Plat Grey GLI .:. 2008 Sage Green Rabbit

12. 10-29-2013 10:01 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by Boosted 01 R View Post
      Don't worry with the haters, that DSG is gonna be great...don't like DSG buy something else, simple ............. 31K base yaaaaaaaaay .... Nice to see Audi breaking that manufacture mass hike up in prices when coming to canada..... I expect it to sell very very well...
      I agree. I expect it to sell extremely well. It will be as common as the Jetta IV/B5 A4 in those days.

13. Semi-n00b
      Cars
      2010 370Z
      10-29-2013 10:41 PM #11
      My only concern now is steering feel. Audis aren't known for excellent steering feel.

14. 10-30-2013 12:31 AM #12
      How much do you think the S-Line package will cost?

What about the 2.0TFSI + Quattro trim?

+2 or 3k each?

15. Member
      Cars
      3.2L A4 avant 6 spd manual
      10-31-2013 11:53 AM #13

B.
      You could always wait for the 2 series gran coupe. This is what I am probably going to do.

16. Member
      Cars
      3.2L A4 avant 6 spd manual
      10-31-2013 12:17 PM #14

B.
      You could always wait for the 2 series gran coupe. This is what I am probably going to do.

Hey Dan, you are American, automatics are part of your heritage..... if you were Canadian I'd ask you to hand in your card.
      Last edited by kevlartoronto; 10-31-2013 at 12:31 PM.

17. Member
      10-31-2013 01:24 PM #15
      Since this is more Canadian information thread...I will post this here.

I have been looking at getting a CPO S4 the last bit, and during the test drives been getting some information from the dealers, mostly around Toronto.

First comes the 1.8T /w FWD, next up the 2.0T /w Quattro. September 2014 will be when the S3 arrives.

December 6th is the market intro event in Toronto, where the A3 will be available to be viewed by the public at ALL Audi dealerships. From my understanding Toronto, but he stated it's a national event.

All details will be arriving shortly on packaging and pricing -> likely around LA Auto Show

Cars
      10-31-2013 01:30 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy_H View Post
      September 2014 will be when the S3 arrives.
      Wow. That's absurd.

19. Member
      10-31-2013 01:48 PM #17
      Wow. That's absurd.
      Ya, that's what sealed the 'get car now'. I'm sure it will be bumped into the summer, because we weren't suppose to see the car until NEXT year. Now we will be seeing it in December, for official sale no doubt in January -> to qualify as a 2015.

Cars
      10-31-2013 02:15 PM #18
      Yeah, I hope they're not going to do the US market the same way. If we're looking at September for the S3, plus the lead time for Exclusive, I could see my car not arriving until 2015. That's absolute lunacy considering this car was introduced in NY in March 2013. I'm very quickly coming around to the other side- the side that's chastising Audi for this protracted launch timeline.

Here's hoping it won't be that bad...

Cars
      2014 A5 S-Line Competition, 2012 GLI, 2003 Ram
      10-31-2013 02:22 PM #19
      I'm very quickly coming around to the other side- the side that's chastising Audi for this protracted launch timeline.

Here's hoping it won't be that bad...
      Let your anger flow through you...join us on the dark side...
      2014 A5 S-LINE COMPETITION 6MT | 2012 GLI 6MT | 2006 DAYTONA 675

22. Member
      10-31-2013 03:26 PM #20
      Just adding more information, from the other dealership, the lady got back to me. Product guides will be available mid-November to the public.

As for the December 6th date, it looks like that there will be a large announcement shortly on Audi Canada's Facebook.

***edit just read the official release from Audi Canada

Ajax, ON, October 28, 2013 – Audi today announced base pricing for its all-new 2015 A3 sedan. This latest addition to the portfolio represents the entry level to the Audi brand of luxury vehicles with no compromises – it will offer a combination of standard features including a panoramic glass sunroof, leather seating surfaces and AUDI MMI technology, all at a base MSRP starting at $31,100.
      “The Audi A3 sedan represents a new opportunity for Audi Canada” said Wolfgang Hoffmann, President, Audi Canada. “It will allow us to expand our offerings to Canadians and showcase lightweight materials, technology and sporty characteristics to a whole new segment."
      The A3 sedan is the first offering in the soon to be expanding Audi A3 family. It will be joined later in 2014 by the recently announced Audi A3 Cabriolet, A3 TDI clean diesel, the high-performance S3 sedan and in early 2015, the A3 Sportback e-tron® gasoline electric hybrid (PHEV). Even the base model of the all-new premium Audi A3 comes equipped with standard features that include Bluetooth® technology, Audi pre sense® basic and a panoramic glass sunroof.
      The A3 also marks the first time that a vehicle in this segment will offer MMI® technology, Audi active lane assist, adaptive cruise control with stop and go and a Bang & Olufsen® audio system. Delivering the same prestige and high-quality materials found in the brand’s flagship A8 model. The A3 will also feature standard leather seating surfaces and exceptional ergonomics.
      The A3 sedan will offer versatile powertrains for a wide variety of entry-luxury customer tastes, including a 1.8 TFSI®, 2.0 TFSI®, 2.0 TDI® clean diesel, and a high-output 2.0 TFSI® offered in the S3. For superior traction and handling the A3 will also offer the legendary Audi quattro® all-wheel drive which distributes power to the wheels that need it most.
      All engines are mated to the standard 6-speed S tronic® transmission, which provides the driver immense shifting flexibility and driving pleasure with smooth, dynamic acceleration and virtually no interruption to the power flow.
      The A3 will be available in dealerships for sale in April, 2014.

**the second PDF I received I can't copy and paste however it states from the Director of Marketing and Product Management

$31,000 as stated above launches April 2014, which will include the 1.8T and 2.0T Quattro. They had a large dealer meeting October 24th in regarding the A3 sedan. Dealers will be provided launch books in the middle of November which will include A3 positioning, content, accessories and launch activities.
      Last edited by Rudy_H; 10-31-2013 at 03:53 PM.

23. 10-31-2013 04:01 PM #21
      Thanks for the info, guess the Canadians are more forthcoming EH, my local NH dealer was clueless. Well if we all get order info and breakdown in a couple weeks then I am a happy camper that will hold me off as I get plunged into the holiday craziness, just hope this includes the U.S. market.

B.

Congrats Sox, that was Awesome, worst to first and win it all, WOW!
      Last edited by BrutusA3; 10-31-2013 at 04:04 PM.

24. 10-31-2013 10:49 PM #22
      Thanks for the info.

So not gonna wait for the S3.

A3 2.0T S Line Quattro it is....

25. Member
      11-01-2013 12:58 AM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by VWNCC View Post
      Thanks for the info.

So not gonna wait for the S3.

A3 2.0T S Line Quattro it is....
      If the S3 is what your going for, you should wait for S3, you'll regret it every time you see an S3 (granted it will be some months down the road lol).... your second option isn't bad, because its my first choice

26. 11-01-2013 10:09 AM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by Boosted 01 R View Post
      If the S3 is what your going for, you should wait for S3, you'll regret it every time you see an S3 (granted it will be some months down the road lol).... your second option isn't bad, because its my first choice
      The A3 is my first choice.

27. Member
      11-01-2013 04:30 PM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by VWNCC View Post
      The A3 is my first choice.
      Ah ok, lol.........

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got an email from Audi about the A3 and they had links to reviews on the A3... Globe and Mail was saying the CLA will start at 33,900.... Audi undercut the CLA by a good bit, that will also help sales...

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast