VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Problems at Worthersee and other Major VW shows

28K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  -=golF1.8t=- 
#1 ·
It seems there are serious problems with people attending major VW shows. Worthersee, Waterfest, H2O International. Why is it that many of the VW and Audi owners are bent on destruction, breaking town and traffic laws? Years ago, Waterfest would sponsor hotels, not anymore. They destroyed hotel property by break tvs, ripping out the furniture, destroying an elevator, throwing beer cans out the window at cars, ripping out the tv security monitors etc. Then there are the burn outs in hotel and restaurant properties. They even set off the fire alarms all night requiring the fire and police depts to come to the hotels all night. This created a serious situation for the local towns. This seems to go on and on. No wonder why some towns don't want these groups back anymore. I can't blame Helen Georgia's town council. The police in East Brunswick and Edison have had to crack down hard on the car owners, which I agree. It seems to me unless people are destroying property, breaking the traffic laws and causing a loud disturbance, they cannot seem to have any fun. Maybe kids today are just plain bored with life. My life has always been full of fun and excitement, but it did not include destroying property and breaking the law. Maybe it is time to start taking away their license and vehicles for several months.

#2 ·
If more ppl were to step up and tell them to knock it the hell off they wouldn't feel so prone to do it. But when there's an overwhelming crowd of ppl cheering. It doesn't help. That and alcohol.

I agree w you though. I find it embarrassing in general to be around when this **** starts happening. If I have some ppl to back me I'll say something but not when there's a group of *******s.

It just needs to be blatantly obvious that the unwanted activities and behavior will not be tolerated. Hell I'll call the cops on them and have it handled if that's what it takes.

#3 ·
Wrong Wörthersee. This is for the Austrian show, not Helen GA.

The europeans seem to be a bit more civil when i was there in 2012. They had a drift/bike stunt show, if they put it there so "the kids" get it out of their system, it seemed to work. Maybe SoWo organizers could designate a open lot and have signups for drift/burnout competitions for the same effect.

#5 ·
After going to Worthersee last year, I can say I was totally impressed. There's a ton of fast cars burning out and zipping through the main streets with crowds of people nearby. What you'll notice is there is seldom any instigating and the people are so focused on checking out the cars that aside from the noise coming from the cars you can actually hear crickets in the background.

#7 ·
you are comparing Worthersee (from what I can tell is still very vw/ audi only) to shows in the states where other makes and models have worked there way into the mix. Not saying everyone who owns a vw/audi is a perfect child but a lot of issues are also coming from outside the vw/audi community. Look at ocean city (I say ocean city because that's what it is, its not H2oi) you are more likely to see an none vw audi going up/down coastal . Bad seeds in every group. Its just the bad seeds out weight the good. Result of IG fame generation

#8 ·
That stuff been going on forever. I use to go to Dubwars back in the days and it would get crazy wild. Nothing new, just dumb car guys and spoiled kids going wild.

The whole argument about categorizing people by what they drive (BMW, Honda, etc.) is ridiculous. We are all car enthusiasts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.