Fourtitude.com - The Offikial Random Observations and CSB Thread
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 7143 of 7143 FirstFirst ... 6143664370437093713371397140714171427143
    Results 178,551 to 178,568 of 178568
    1. You can't look at my avatar for just a second, can you? Just another GTI's Avatar
      Cars
      GTI Sport 6M
      Today 12:43 AM #178551
      Quote Originally Posted by NeverEnoughCars View Post
      You haven't had good lamb then
      You are right. If I'm never served lamb again that would also be good.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      2010 VW GTI 6spd. Wife 2011 TDI Sportwagen
      Today 05:44 AM #178552
      Happy 420 folks!

Cars
      2017 GTI
      Today 07:14 AM #178553
      I Love lamb (and sheep! ) but understand why folks don't. It is an aggressive taste.

Carrot cake done, house clean, I get to work in barn today cleaning it out in prep to empty garage for it's rebuild. Still waiting on other quote but my preferred guy came in with a price that I'm willing to spend.
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      You're supposed to poop in a sock drawer, not sock in a poop drawer.

5. Today 07:50 AM #178554
      Quote Originally Posted by Just another GTI View Post
      You are right. If I'm never served lamb again that would also be good.
      More lamb for us.
      Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kirk, The Final Frontier
      Damn it, Bones, you're a doctor. You know that pain and guilt can't be taken away with a wave of a magic wand. They're the things we carry with us, the things that make us who we are. If we lose them, we lose ourselves. I don't want my pain taken away. I need my pain.

6. I’m not a loser. I’m a winnah!! patrikman's Avatar
      Cars
      made in ‘murica truck and wagon
      Today 08:21 AM #178555
      Quote Originally Posted by Just another GTI View Post
      No, but lamb taste terrible, and smell like a pair of five year old work boots after a twelve hour day.

Nasty stuff
      You are ****ing nuts.
      this signature kills fascists.

Support Your Local Homebrewery

Cars
      A domestic and an import, but not beer.
      Today 08:56 AM #178556
      Quote Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
      I Love lamb (and sheep! ) but understand why folks don't. It is an aggressive taste.

Smooremin: "Dont worry. My corset really fills me out ."
      Sold Over Sticker: "The only difference between innuendo and flirting is the desired result. "
      KidL: "Dammit, Chippy! You're making bad choices!"

Cars
      Today 09:06 AM #178557
      So, not really CSB.

We had a plumber out here until past midnight. We have a 1947 build, with the old clay sewer drain, with trees around, and root intrusion got to the point that our rain runoff through the sump (which is tied into the main in some older homes, like ours, just kept cycling back under pressure and backfilling into the wash basin and floor drains in the basement. I was down there was a bucket and shop vac bailing and cleaning up for a couple hours before he was able to get over from another job. We've been getting the drain cleared every couple of years as a maintenance effort, but they usually just run a standard cutter through.

He did the primary cable-and-cutter, and ran a camera down and saw just a lot of roots remaining. The small cutter just punched a 2-3" opening through a six inch congested drain. He got the big expanding cutter out and ran it all 80-ish feet to the main sewer tap. Rechecking it with the camera, it looked really good and clean for a 72-year old drain, a couple of small, partial dips in the run, and a couple of small cracks in the pipe.

$750 later, I could take a isht in peace again. Ugh...
      Sold Over Sticker: "The only difference between innuendo and flirting is the desired result. "

9. Today 09:39 AM #178558
      Quote Originally Posted by DonL View Post
      So, not really CSB.

We had a plumber out here until past midnight. We have a 1947 build, with the old clay sewer drain, with trees around, and root intrusion got to the point that our rain runoff through the sump (which is tied into the main in some older homes, like ours, just kept cycling back under pressure and backfilling into the wash basin and floor drains in the basement. I was down there was a bucket and shop vac bailing and cleaning up for a couple hours before he was able to get over from another job. We've been getting the drain cleared every couple of years as a maintenance effort, but they usually just run a standard cutter through.

He did the primary cable-and-cutter, and ran a camera down and saw just a lot of roots remaining. The small cutter just punched a 2-3" opening through a six inch congested drain. He got the big expanding cutter out and ran it all 80-ish feet to the main sewer tap. Rechecking it with the camera, it looked really good and clean for a 72-year old drain, a couple of small, partial dips in the run, and a couple of small cracks in the pipe.

$750 later, I could take a isht in peace again. Ugh...
      That's a pricey ****, but I bet it felt worth it once you were done.
      Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kirk, The Final Frontier
      Damn it, Bones, you're a doctor. You know that pain and guilt can't be taken away with a wave of a magic wand. They're the things we carry with us, the things that make us who we are. If we lose them, we lose ourselves. I don't want my pain taken away. I need my pain.

Cars
      Today 10:30 AM #178559
      Quote Originally Posted by ForTheWin View Post
      That's a pricey ****, but I bet it felt worth it once you were done.
      We were just glad to have things back to a normal state. It's hard to run a house otherwise. Now we catch up on laundry and dishes that we thought we were going to run yesterday. We're quite glad that things looked in such good shape for its age. The last thing we wanted was to have a backhoe excavating the front lawn this morning.

Cars
      German Vans, British cars, and a motorbike.
      Today 10:54 AM #178560
      Quote Originally Posted by davewg View Post
      What alchemy is this? What are these stones???

Cars
      Today 11:13 AM #178561
      Quote Originally Posted by 2ohgti View Post
      Happy 420 folks!
      Our good friends called us over last night because they wanted to talk.

We were afraid they were moving, didn't want to take a vacation we were planning, getting a divorce, etc.. It had the tone of "we need to talk" from your significant other.

Oofta.

We get over there, and there is a bunch of drug paraphernalia laid out on the kitchen table. Mom was getting the Easter baskets out of her son's closet, and a bunch of stuff fell out.

Tin cans, plastic bottles with burn marks on them, baggies with dryer sheets in them, home made bowls, vape pens, vape pen filled with kush oil, etc.. (we only know it was kuch in the pen because he saved the ****ing packaging - what an idiot)

Oofta.

Dad wants to kick his (17 year old) ass. Mom wants to give him 10 more chances.

Oofta.

Kid is at work, and we search his room. I found the USB charger for the vape pen, the vape pen packaging, accessories for the pen and their packaging.

The charger was plugged in to an outlet, so the kid was vaping kuch at home. Please send thought and prayers for this poor child.

Oofta.

Mrs McMike goes right into her social work roots and starts counseling them on how to deal with it. I start playing tough parent and tell them how to manage it when he gets home from work. They found no pot in the house, so it must be in the car. If they choose to confront him last night, they need to get all the keys from him so he can't clean out the car. If they wait until today, he will know his stuff is missing, so how to you get the keys away from without hinting that there is something wrong. I think we spent the whole night counseling them on how to to tackle this together as a unified front. Don't threaten him with anything you aren't willing to follow through on. If you punish him for xxx weeks, don't give in early, etc... If you take away his car, you will have to drive him places. I told them tonight is going to be easiest part of this.

Oofta.

I have not texted them with a "Happy 420" yet. Going to wait to see how it goes today.

At one point last night, we were all trying to put the paraphernalia together to see how it works, googling the vape pen for directions, etc.. It was right out of a drug movie when old people try to figure out how the "drug stuff" is supposed to work. If you were in the other room listening, it probably sounded like people struggling to figure out how to put together Ikea furniture. I didn't share this thought, but for a moment I LOL'd in my head.
      Last edited by @McMike; Today at 11:19 AM.

13. Member Disgruntled Ziemniak's Avatar
      Cars
      337 GTI
      Today 12:13 PM #178562
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      Oofta.
      Looks like someones little angel isn't going to be prepared for the real world.
      Damn shame
      Your favorite Ziemniak, hold the gravy.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sterling Archer
      "Seriously? Are we not doing phrasing anymore?"
      "Triple Dog Dare You" has been replaced with "I'm going to butt-f**k your mom right in the ass cooch."
      Because kids are dumb.

Cars
      Old/German/Broken
      Today 12:26 PM #178563
      At one point last night, we were all trying to put the paraphernalia together to see how it works, googling the vape pen for directions, etc.. It was right out of a drug movie when old people try to figure out how the "drug stuff" is supposed to work. If you were in the other room listening, it probably sounded like people struggling to figure out how to put together Ikea furniture. I didn't share this thought, but for a moment I LOL'd in my head.
      5 clicks to turn it on.
      3 clicks to change modes
      2 clicks to preheat

Honestly I don't think kids should be smoking a lot in their teen years. I did. I'm pretty sure I suffer from exactly what they warn about with smoking heavily before the age of 25.

Either way, the vape pen stuff is pretty serious considering some states classify that as a controlled substance.

But I'm high right now so what do I know.
      Graphic & Web Design, Photography, Branding, Typography - www.darkenergydesign.net

Cars
      Today 12:35 PM #178564
      Quote Originally Posted by Disgruntled Ziemniak View Post
      Looks like someones little angel isn't going to be prepared for the real world.
      Damn shame
      Maybe, maybe not. We'll have to wait and see how it plays out.

Parents caught kid with pot. Happens every day.

16. Member Disgruntled Ziemniak's Avatar
      Cars
      337 GTI
      Today 12:38 PM #178565

If it’s a recurring thing that seems like a problem, it sets the kid up for serious trouble down the line. Especially if it interferes with day to day duties. That’s the main concern.
      Your favorite Ziemniak, hold the gravy.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sterling Archer
      "Seriously? Are we not doing phrasing anymore?"
      "Triple Dog Dare You" has been replaced with "I'm going to butt-f**k your mom right in the ass cooch."
      Because kids are dumb.

Cars
      dark blue stick shift station wagon, shiny yellow motorbike, dirty green motorbike, bluBRZ
      Today 12:38 PM #178566

I like big brakes and I cannot lie.
      A(u). Klasse A, unbeschrankt, ungedrosselt
      Compared to a British roadster, all Volkswagens are reliable!

nevAr Lose - DE Minister of Foreign Affairs and Deputy Bankruptcy Controller - IPROfftopikstan, Den Mother - Team Emmett, BRZlord

18. You can't look at my avatar for just a second, can you? Just another GTI's Avatar
      Cars
      GTI Sport 6M
      Today 12:47 PM #178567

I'd be extremely concerned if they found pills/opiates.

As long as the kid is getting good grades and not acting out then it's not the end of the world.

Reformed old man.

19. You can't look at my avatar for just a second, can you? Just another GTI's Avatar
      Cars
      GTI Sport 6M
      Today 12:50 PM #178568
      Quote Originally Posted by atomicalex View Post

I like multi piston, big brakes and I cannot lie.
      Mine are only single piston calipers but do work well.

Page 7143 of 7143 FirstFirst ... 6143664370437093713371397140714171427143