Fourtitude.com - The Offikial Random Observations and CSB Thread
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 7130 of 7149 FirstFirst ... 613066307030708071207126712771287129713071317132713371347140 ... LastLast
    Results 178,226 to 178,250 of 178704
    1. I got a poop emoji! CHEVY!! Time for an aSS's Avatar
      Cars
      17 Chevy SS
      04-15-2019 07:39 PM #178226
      I'm getting mixed signals from you guys....leave the keys in it, don't leave the keys in it. Yes or no? YES OR NO?

I'm in Philly, it wouldn't be hard to find a shady spot to leave it in. It might be harder to find a not shady spot.

(disclaimer: this is a joke, I am not seriously considering insurance fraud)

In other news I am really beginning to feel like I got up at 3AM this morning. I really hope the waitress won't let me drown in my beer.
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      We can not be trusted.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Nobody messes with me. Not. 😂 ChillOutPossum's Avatar
      Cars
      '14 GMC Sierra, '88 Mitsubishi Jeep CJ3B
      04-15-2019 07:44 PM #178227
      One time I rented a car and they never checked it out at the gate. So I drove it around for a week and the whole time their computers thought it was still in the garage. I found out when I went to return it, and they couldnt check it back in. No charge for the rental.

4. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      '12 Earth F****r Limited EL; '12 A4q
      04-15-2019 07:56 PM #178228
      Slight twist in my career aspirations. Company owner who I talked to last week mentioned my proposal to my manger (who I did not tell). My manager wanted to see it so she could read it and then call me this week to discuss my review (which she's not mentioned until now). So I sent it, without editing my promotion section which would make me her equal in the org. This should be interesting. Because my plan is to eventually take over all marketing/advertising, and would make me her boss.

Making people aware of the Dunning-Kruger affliction. If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious

SRT_______________________________________________ ___________SRT

Cars
      dark blue stick shift station wagon, shiny yellow motorbike, dirty green motorbike, bluBRZ
      04-15-2019 08:07 PM #178229
      Spent the day at a wire mill in the south. Kind of a sad situation. The family owners are not dealing with modernity very well. People at the plant want to modernize, but it's not moving very fast. Equipment is being damaged and I feel crappy about that - beautiful 50+YO machines that would run another 50 years if maintained and run as designed, but yeah. It's so emotional for me, they are 20 years behind the times and all because they refused my help over and over. We are seven weeks out from a big goal and if they make it, it will be a hard pill for some of the old guard to swallow. I am worried about sabotage at this point. Sucks because there are a lot of people in the industry who are hoping they can turn the plant around and be successful as they are one of the last titans of an old business.

Weird situation is that the owners banned me from the mill 20 years ago. The fact that I am in there now is wild. For 15 years, it was the only nonferrous mill in the US I did not have a lubricant in.

Out of the house and I'm settling down a bit. Now have two days at my plant in Calhoun, GA to work on external audit.

KBJr bit a cone on saturday and texted me pics of his rusty rocker. Oops. Littlebro is doing a sewing project. Non-stop "mooooommmmm! What do I do now?" I love them. Such dorks.
      A(u). Klasse A, unbeschrankt, ungedrosselt
      Compared to a British roadster, all Volkswagens are reliable!

nevAr Lose - DE Minister of Foreign Affairs and Deputy Bankruptcy Controller - IPROfftopikstan, Den Mother - Team Emmett, BRZlord

04-15-2019 09:08 PM #178230
      Oh, and, Kat has 4 of these waiting for her return to the mitten...

Cars
      03 SVT Focus
      04-15-2019 09:44 PM #178231
      My 44 year old cousin died yesterday due to alcohol related medical issues. Angry more then anything else. Bright, funny and a big heart. Just couldn't give up drinking. Liver/kidney failure(s) and alcohol related dementia.

Grew up more like brothers, grew apart and last time I saw him was 2 Christmas's ago. Even then I knew he wasn't long for this world. Ug.
      Nice jab Cale, nice

Insta -bcw2sculptor -

8. You can't look at my avatar for just a second, can you? Just another GTI's Avatar
      Cars
      GTI Sport 6M
      04-15-2019 09:59 PM #178232

Sorry for your family's loss.

9. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      04-15-2019 10:42 PM #178233
      Quote Originally Posted by welderdood View Post
      My 44 year old cousin died yesterday due to alcohol related medical issues. Angry more then anything else. Bright, funny and a big heart. Just couldn't give up drinking. Liver/kidney failure(s) and alcohol related dementia.

Grew up more like brothers, grew apart and last time I saw him was 2 Christmas's ago. Even then I knew he wasn't long for this world. Ug.
      Sucks man. I'm sorry to hear that. I lost my first friend a few years ago. Just wouldn't stop partying like a 21 year old frat boy, and in his mid 30's it finally caught up with him. It's awful when you see it coming, but it hurts all the same when it happens.
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen.
      Quote Originally Posted by Phillie Phanatic
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. I’ll be there, front row.

Cars
      dark blue stick shift station wagon, shiny yellow motorbike, dirty green motorbike, bluBRZ
      04-15-2019 10:50 PM #178234
      Quote Originally Posted by thegoodson View Post
      Oh, and, Kat has 4 of these waiting for her return to the mitten...
      Sweet!

My 44 year old cousin died yesterday due to alcohol related medical issues.
      Sorry, dood. That sucks.

nevAr Lose - DE Minister of Foreign Affairs and Deputy Bankruptcy Controller - IPROfftopikstan, Den Mother - Team Emmett, BRZlord

Cars
      03 SVT Focus
      04-15-2019 11:01 PM #178235
      Quote Originally Posted by Just another GTI View Post

Sorry for your family's loss.
      I appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      Sucks man. I'm sorry to hear that. I lost my first friend a few years ago. Just wouldn't stop partying like a 21 year old frat boy, and in his mid 30's it finally caught up with him. It's awful when you see it coming, but it hurts all the same when it happens.
      See bolded.
      I'm just glad my cousin isn't in pain anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicalex View Post
      Sweet!

Sorry, dood. That sucks.
      It does. Lost a good bud
      Nice jab Cale, nice

Insta -bcw2sculptor -

Cars
      E39 M5 | 987.2
      04-15-2019 11:05 PM #178236
      Quote Originally Posted by Jasonloaf View Post
      I’m lucky to have not been affected by death too much in my adult life. But today I am finding myself pretty emotional over the news I just received.

One of my dad’s best friends who he worked with since the late 70’s, a guy who I knew since before I was born and who I also worked with for a couple years, passed away last night.

Mark and my dad were pretty good friends. They carpooled to work for years and they worked in the same department and on some of the same projects together over the years. When i was a kid our families would often get together to BBQ. Since I work at the same company now i was lucky enough to work with Mark for about a year and a half before he went out on disability.

I think the hard part I’m realizing now is that he was only a couple years older than my dad.
      Sorry to hear man.

This afternoon's funeral for a co-worker was tougher than I thought. A huge turnout at a church followed by a reception at the family's house. Finally got to see the Pantera and it looks awesome, though still need some odds and ends. His son is the only one in the family who can drive it and last time he did 2 weeks ago, coolant leaked out from the new radiator so they're gonna try to get that fixed and put it up for sale. Gave him my number after sharing some stories about his dad and looking forward to be able to take photos for them.

Also nice to see former co-workers who've retired and enjoying life, but such events are not the ideal way to catch up.

Cars
      04-16-2019 12:53 AM #178237
      Ok, insomnia. Not fun. Bored and tired.

14. I need new ones NeverEnoughCars's Avatar
      Cars
      Dodge, Toyota, VW, Ford
      04-16-2019 01:17 AM #178238
      Quote Originally Posted by atomicalex View Post
      Ok, insomnia. Not fun. Bored and tired.
      Same here. Need to get up at 4:45 but c
      Cannot fall asleep.
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Pedantry: winning arguments through exasperation since 1651. An Old World Tradition!
      "Now i am become death the destroyer of worlds."-bhagavad gita
      “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” -T.S. Eliot

Cars
      German Vans, British cars, and a motorbike.
      04-16-2019 06:00 AM #178239
      I got a new follower on IG. Looks like those random Steven Seagal hashtags are working.

Cars
      2017 GTI
      04-16-2019 06:21 AM #178240
      not sure about your choice but nothing I want behind me.
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      You're supposed to poop in a sock drawer, not sock in a poop drawer.

Cars
      2010 VW GTI 6spd. Wife 2011 TDI Sportwagen
      04-16-2019 06:25 AM #178241
      Quote Originally Posted by davewg View Post
      Yeah - that's a weird situation. I don't really get it. I mean I guess if both spouses are making FU I can see it. Otherwise, what?
      Don’t know, but hoping this job really turns out to be more. It’s tough to gauge because I would be paid in 2 different ways-flat rate and hourly depending what I would be doing. It should be. My boss also told me I am getting a raise then another after my 90 days. We had a good talk and I feel much better about things. Wanted to ask about when am I training for the manager part, but I want to text her that question just in case. Ended up texting with her after work too. Probably will today, just hope she doesn’t try and get me to come in. It’s either to work or to talk. I like her, but I need a break from her. I might pick up an extra day here and there so I make enough for Mrs. 2oh

Also I told my boss “I like to plow through work when I’m flat rate”

Cars
      7 Speed RGASM
      04-16-2019 07:42 AM #178242
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for an aSS View Post
      I'm in Philly...
      Advanced notice could = impromptu OT meetup.

Ooof. Sorry for your loss. Even knowing doesn't make it easier.

2018 Golf R - mine, mine, all mine.
      2017 Golf Alltrack SEL+Tech - Son #1. In a galaxy far, far away
      2014 Dodge Durango Limited AWD - Wife's
      2004 Acura TSX - Son #2. The sax-mobile
      1967 Chevrolet Corvette - I promise to get this car back on the road in 2018....

deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties
      Cars
      2015 Forester, 2006 CR-V
      04-16-2019 07:48 AM #178243
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for an aSS View Post
      I'm getting mixed signals from you guys....leave the keys in it, don't leave the keys in it. Yes or no? YES OR NO?

I'm in Philly, it wouldn't be hard to find a shady spot to leave it in. It might be harder to find a not shady spot.

(disclaimer: this is a joke, I am not seriously considering insurance fraud)

In other news I am really beginning to feel like I got up at 3AM this morning. I really hope the waitress won't let me drown in my beer.
      I meant more like, leave it there, call them to say you dropped it off.

"Sir there is a crack in the windshield and one mostly dead hooker in the trunk."

"I have no idea what you're talking about, the windshield was fine when I dropped it off."
      A loving welcome from TCL

Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      Life is way more fun with people you enjoy being around.

Cars
      A domestic and an import, but not beer.
      04-16-2019 08:30 AM #178244

Dude, that's sad to hear. I lost a good friend a number of years back with the same issues. Just couldn't give it up, not even at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ohgti View Post
      Also I told my boss “I like to plow through work when I’m flat rate”
      Wait, plow through what, exactly?
      Smooremin: "Dont worry. My corset really fills me out ."
      Sold Over Sticker: "The only difference between innuendo and flirting is the desired result. "
      KidL: "Dammit, Chippy! You're making bad choices!"

Cars
      04-16-2019 08:41 AM #178245
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      Slight twist in my career aspirations. Company owner who I talked to last week mentioned my proposal to my manger (who I did not tell). My manager wanted to see it so she could read it and then call me this week to discuss my review (which she's not mentioned until now). So I sent it, without editing my promotion section which would make me her equal in the org. This should be interesting. Because my plan is to eventually take over all marketing/advertising, and would make me her boss.

After everything you’ve posted about her, I really hope this happens

So sorry man

Cars
      04-16-2019 08:46 AM #178246
      Quote Originally Posted by DonL View Post
      Wait, plow through what, exactly?

Glad to be off. Have a lot of work around the house I want to accomplish. I am wife and kid free so it’s possible to get everything done

Cars
      '07 Civic Hy, '93 940, '17 NPS50
      04-16-2019 08:51 AM #178247
      I finished something I've been working on for a little bit. Motivation came back yesterday to do the wheels and get it finished.

My Flickr // IG - @mwoodski
      Quote Originally Posted by Matt
      I have literally zero experience with snow, but it seems to me that if it was raining and there was slush/snow still on the ground, I'd just wash it away with the hose rather than using a shovel. Sure it may freeze overnight, but if it's already raining, it's already going to be wet and freeze anyway, right?

24. I got a poop emoji! CHEVY!! Time for an aSS's Avatar
      Cars
      17 Chevy SS
      04-16-2019 08:52 AM #178248
      Quote Originally Posted by Code Red! View Post
      I meant more like, leave it there, call them to say you dropped it off.

"Sir there is a crack in the windshield and one mostly dead hooker in the trunk."

"I have no idea what you're talking about, the windshield was fine when I dropped it off."
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      We can not be trusted.

Cars
      2004 New Beetle TDI,Honda CR-V 2003
      04-16-2019 09:31 AM #178249

Playing 1991 DOS Scorched Earth PC game from a website that is using DOSBox. I wished I hadn't found that website because it can be a time waster website.

Cars
      1980 Rabbit TDI, 2018 Colorado 2.8l Duramax.
      04-16-2019 09:42 AM #178250
      Day 2 of new job, already mis-heard the time to come in this morning

#whoops.

Page 7130 of 7149 FirstFirst ... 613066307030708071207126712771287129713071317132713371347140 ... LastLast