Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Protein powder

1. 07-14-2017 05:00 PM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by kellyon View Post
      Recently I started to go to the gym and my trainer advised me to try protein powder. I like it. Hope with its help to gain the muscles mass
      your trainer should teach you about nutrition and macros. you don't necessarily "need" protein powder. if you can eat the correct amount then you're golden but if youre 24 or however many grams short then by all means drink a shake or mix with your milk/cereal. i really wish everyone took the time to study macros and how much of them they should be eating (proteins/fat/carbs) because it really will change your life if you're serious about weight loss or muscle gain. i lost 65 pounds in a year by doing so, a little over a pound a week every week while retaining a lot of muscle. now i'm putting on lean muscle by being in a slight carloric surplus. lifting weights is only half the battle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 09-01-2017 03:34 AM #52
      Pharmascience Health Gainer for Weight gain
      Mens need many calorie requirements that many men have proves to be incredibly trying Pharmascience health gainer a weight gainer makes this far easier. If you consider the fact that there are weight gainers available that pack in over a thousand calories per shake .
      For more visit
      .................................................. ............
      PHARMASCIENCE – THE INDIAN AYURVEDA

4. 09-19-2017 12:34 PM #53
      Ensure makes high protein versions of their vitamin drinks that taste really good, are portable, and don't require any kind of mixing. Just open it and drink it. They often go on sale. Stock up when they do.

5. 12-12-2017 01:37 PM #54
      Any one have a recommendation for a protein powder that I can use to mix with food? Not really trying to add a flavor, so much as protein to meals.

Cars
      91 Aristo, 01 GS300, 09 Genesis V8, 73 240Z
      12-12-2017 03:22 PM #55
      I buy these Kodiak protein pancakes. So far as I can tell, they're just pancakes with whey protein mixed in. Its supposed to be about 18 grams per pancake which is quite a lot. They taste good, better than normal pancakes I'd say. Probably because pancakes contain milk and whey is from milk so they go together well. I'd imagine you could even add whey protein powder to Mac'n'Chz, cereal etc. If you can find a way to add it to Gin and Tonic let me know, or beer.
      "It would take a cross-wired star trek replicator, if not an act of God, to make a left-hand-drive Skyline GT-R for the U.S." - Don Schroeder

7. 12-15-2017 11:36 AM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by GodSquadMandrake View Post
      I buy these Kodiak protein pancakes. So far as I can tell, they're just pancakes with whey protein mixed in. Its supposed to be about 18 grams per pancake which is quite a lot. They taste good, better than normal pancakes I'd say. Probably because pancakes contain milk and whey is from milk so they go together well. I'd imagine you could even add whey protein powder to Mac'n'Chz, cereal etc. If you can find a way to add it to Gin and Tonic let me know, or beer.
      those kodiak pancakes are amazing. i also add this chocolate chip protein by JYM to my cheerios. i’ll never go back to plain cereal lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Member
      Cars
      2016 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      12-19-2017 09:52 AM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by oviewankenobi View Post
      Any one have a recommendation for a protein powder that I can use to mix with food? Not really trying to add a flavor, so much as protein to meals.
      You should be able to get your protein from the meat you eat with your meal.

If you're a vegetarian or vegan, that's a different issue, there are plenty of vegan protein powders on the market that you can use.
      Quote Originally Posted by Jezza
      Power and Speed solves many things
      2016 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      APR Stage 1/DDM Tuning Ultra HID 5500K/Neuspeed P-flo/AEM Dryflow BruteForce filter

9. 12-19-2017 04:48 PM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by BsickPassat View Post
      You should be able to get your protein from the meat you eat with your meal.

If you're a vegetarian or vegan, that's a different issue, there are plenty of vegan protein powders on the market that you can use.
      I'm shooting for about 135g of protein a day. Tracking the food I've been eating, I'm really only doing about half to 3/4 of that amount. I was going to try adding powder to anything I can without all the sugar, chemicals, etc. that many powders add in.

My main issue is I haven't sat down to plan out proteins for a week and spending $10-15 a day on a meal that includes protein is not what I'd like to do either. in the short term and in a pinch, I wanted to have powder on hand. Settled on Isopure Whey Protein Isolate

Cars
      2019 Audi S5 Sportback
      12-19-2017 09:13 PM #59
      Shooting for that much protein might be counter productive if health is the ultimate goal. This video is about a doctor who fed tumors ON and OFF just by varying the level of animal proteins 20% and 5%.

https://youtu.be/udAYXxczdyk?t=79

Cars
      88 Audi 90 2.0 20V HX35, 94 Audi 90 V8, 78 GMC High Sierra, 03 TDI and some bicycles
      05-31-2018 10:44 AM #60
      I have been using Orgain, organic plant based protein. I bought the 'sweetened' one with stevia, which I regret. They do sell one without that crap in it, which is what I will buy next time.

It taste fine, but I notice is a bit more 'grainy' than the other whey stuff I have used in the past.

12. Junior Member
      Cars
      2014 Beetle R-line DSG; 2004 GTO 6spd; 2004 Rav4
      01-11-2019 06:22 PM #61
      old post. I recommend Ultimate Nutrition's Iso Sensation 93. Almost no filler compared to other proteins.

13. 09-12-2019 12:40 PM #62
      Protein is exceptionally useful for structure squares of bone, muscle, and skin. Our body needs it to deliver hormones and different synthetics. In the event that you go to a rec-center, you've presumably heard the folks by the weight machines discussing the protein shakes they drink after an exercise and what sort of shake they like.

14. 09-12-2019 04:00 PM #63
      Protein powder is a prominent healthful supplement. Protein is a fundamental macronutrient that enables work to muscle, fix tissue, and make compounds and hormones. Utilizing protein powder may likewise help weight loss and help individuals tone their muscles. There is much proteins powder such as casein protein, whey protein, egg protein, etc.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123