VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

who is coming to Vermont this year?

31K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  cheapnslow 
#1 ·
i live here, so its easy for me to get to the show. i travel all over all summer to other states along the coast looking for some vw action. come here to our state and have some fun with us. we have awesome scenery, some fun stuff planned and lots of good people with cars they have worked very hard on for some time,who also go out of state all summer to represent. come join us for a weekend. it'll be worth it. see you guys at dustoff, staggered and sowo in the meantime.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

#7 ·
I am traveling up from the Capital district with friends for the first time! Looking forward to it and want to explore Burlington with my friend who is heading there this fall for college. :p excited for sure!!
Trust mw your friend will have a hell of a time...I did! still do!:beer::beer:

#8 ·
Wouldnt miss this show. Its getting close

#9 ·
Last year was amazing!

Wouldn't miss it for the world.

#13 ·
Yes, worth it. Great location. Lots more food options this year. Magic Hat (brewery) also??

Weather looks great. Improving every year!

I will be there. Might bring two cars if I can get the wife to drive the Cabriolet.

Might also bring trailer of MK4 and MK1 parts.... we will see.

Steve

#16 ·
#17 ·
Opened this link expecting to see The Alchemist because of their Heady Topper, find out that Hill Farmstead is up there. Now don't get me wrong Hill is a great brewery but Heady is ranked number one beer in the world on multiple sites/rankings/publications/ect. Never seen hill as number one before.

Ahh regardless still great beer!

Oh and a great show :beer::eek:

#21 · (Edited)
I would imagine you're taking I-87, if so you can take ext 20 to rt9 north to 149 to RT4 North, take ext 2 take 22A north to rt7 north then all the way to Burlington. Fastest way from the Albany, NY area.

Dont speed to much too much on 22A and DO NOT speed in Vergeenes. :thumbup::thumbup:

#23 ·
DO NOT speed in Vergeenes.
Vergennes, VT on RT22A. The speed limit essentially goes from 50 mph, down a hill, to a 25 zone with the cop sitting at the bottom. Cemetery will be on your left as you head down the hill... cop will be on the right in a dirt parking lot.

He will be parked here: 44.159756,-73.262265

#25 ·
Wolfsgart 2013

Had fun at Bag Rider's BBQ. Good seeing new and old faces.

So many nice cars there that I was slightly motivated to head home and clean the car a little... in the dark. Got some 20 second exposure (f5.6 / iso 800.... probably means something to a photographer) of the car. Not quite in focus, but I think it is pretty neat.

#26 ·
If you're coming here from out of state, please don't douche up our state. I was sitting in traffic behind a lowered blue r32 with cali plates today, saw the driver get out and begin to harass the driver of a ford focus next to him by banging on his window and trying to pick a fight. Didnt even have time to pull out my phone to catch his reaction as a colchester cop was pulling up. Turned out pretty funny.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.