Fourtitude.com - What was the latest game you actually finished?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
      Cars
      7.4, 6.4 & 5.7
      01-12-2019 01:05 AM #501
      Red Dead Redemption 2

Quote Originally Posted by Silly_me View Post
      So one of you introduced me to the noclip documentaries and I was watching their Half Life piece Unforeseen Circumstances and learned two things, 1) No one expects there to be an espisode 3 and that Titanfall 2 had a campaign that was supposed to be pretty good.

So I picked up a NEW copy off amazon for $6. It was a lot of fun, good level design, fun combat, not too hair pullingly difficult platforming, I enjoyed it. Not half life good, but good nonetheless.

I have no desire to play multiplayer (one reason I never glanced twice at this series, and as I understand it the first game doesn't have any SP play so I didn't even bother playing it first).

Long story short: If you want a decent sci-fi shooter campaign, Titanfall 2 is quite fun
      I just saw a funny half-life meme...let me see if I can find it...

I have Titanfall 2 but have never gotten around to playing it...I'll give it a go sometime...

EDIT - here's the Half-Life meme: https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comm...e_years_to_go/
      Last edited by PlatinumGLS; 01-12-2019 at 01:08 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      7.4, 6.4 & 5.7
      01-22-2019 04:21 PM #502
      Wolfenstein: The New Order

01-25-2019 10:54 AM #503
      Picked up a few cheap games during gamestop's buy 2 get 1 sale. One was Quantum Break, had no idea what this game was about, but it got decent reviews so I gave it a go. I originally thought this was a TV show spinoff (it has live action book end 'shows' after each act) but it seems to be a stand alone franchise.

The story (time travel goes awry) and acting are great (it stars an xman, a hobbit, a baltimore cop, and the Lord of Baelish Castle who was also a baltimore politician) and the gameplay is entertaining (third party shooter with special 'time powers').

If you are looking for a decently long single player game heavy on story this is a good pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumGLS View Post
      Wolfenstein: The New Order
      The more I look back on this game the more I realize how much I enjoyed it. I thought the end was a little too abrupt though......
      Germans are white people. Look up #84 on the list of things white people like: Gear. Lots of Gear. We even have gear farkles over here. -Atomicalex

Upon my word I have had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers. -James Byford McCudden

Cars
      7.4, 6.4 & 5.7
      01-25-2019 11:02 AM #504
      Quote Originally Posted by Silly_me View Post
      The more I look back on this game the more I realize how much I enjoyed it. I thought the end was a little too abrupt though......
      It's a good FPS. I was looking for something relatively short after spending so much time on RDR2. I guess I will have to play Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus sometime in the future. Plus, there is another one planned for this year called Wolfenstein: Youngblood. However, I might play Doom next. I also have Far Cry 5 on deck...

01-25-2019 11:13 AM #505
      Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
      I was thinking Colossus when I mentioned the ending in my post above, I didn't like its ending. That said, all these games are great, the old blood has a rather challenging boss battle

However, I might play Doom next. I also have Far Cry 5 on deck...
      I've not yet played the new Doom, I really liked the pacing and atmosphere of the last two games (I think I am in the minority on that one) and wasn't keen to pick up on the new one as it looked to be a shooter on rails. I'm sure I'll have to give it a shot though.

I've never met a Far Cry game that didn't entertain me in one way or another
      Germans are white people. Look up #84 on the list of things white people like: Gear. Lots of Gear. We even have gear farkles over here. -Atomicalex

Upon my word I have had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers. -James Byford McCudden

Cars
      2003 VW Jetta GLi VR6 24v, 2007 Audi RS4,2001 Audi S8
      01-26-2019 11:02 PM #506
      Life is Strange 2: Episode 2
      | VRalliance #320 | VRSociety Member #115

8. 02-19-2019 03:18 PM #507
      Just finished Drakemall game with the element of gamble. One of my favorite games, it's easy but entertaining. All I need is just to buy loot boxes with cool items and in the end of the game every player will win one random item from the box in any case. I won wireless headphones this time.
      Last edited by Edvardthe3; 02-21-2019 at 03:30 PM.

05-01-2019 10:14 AM #508
      Just finished Metro Exodus, I've always enjoyed these games and this one changed up the core of the game (70% of the game is no longer linear but takes place in open 'sandbox'), it also changed the ammo as currency aspect (makes sense given the story) and installed a crafting function instead (though it keeps you from creating ammo for firearms to specific 'benches' so you think twice about which weapon to use).

End game consequences to actions has been something they've tried (and failed IMO ) to build into Metro games, but this time they doubled down with a consequence happening in each chapter that takes place in an open map. And they don't really clue you in that it is a thing (I realiased it when I got an achievement for soandso not dying upon completion of the chapter ), but if you listen to the 'main' companion doing the donkey work for the particular map you can figure out what you need to do or not do to got the 'good' consequence.

Overall it was enjoyable, the first game is still my favorite, but this one was better than last light IMO. I can see myself replying this again at some point.

Cars
      '15 STi & '16 .:R
      05-01-2019 12:18 PM #509
      I finished God of War last night. Holy hell, it was fantastic.
      iain

11. 07-11-2019 04:17 AM #510
      Decided to rerun Dark Souls trilogy before start playing Sekiro

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021