VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

The Gentlemen's F1 League

51K views 838 replies 8 participants last post by  PineappleMonkey 
#1 ·
No more spots are available for this year but if people will like to start their own league, I can post the rules we use so you may start your own for this season and your groups. :wave: :peace:

#3 ·
Niiiice I like this better than the email already.

So it was an interesting first week of testing. Some teams from the middle/back seeming to make a push out of the box but I'm sure as testing continues they will fall back. But the real question is what the hell is up with the dorsal fin’s on some of the cars. Ferrari, Force India, ect. Looks weird imo.

#19 · (Edited)
Parin,

Thank you for finally using your Vortex powers for good instead of evil and needless posting of Supra's and girls in bikinis. We are all very happy to be here and it's great that we can finally have a spot of our own to chill and be super nerds.

League Members. Now that we have a dedicated spot to communicate I will be posting all Managerial updates at this location. Make sure you get email updates at least once a week to keep track of what is going on because this season is going to get interesting.

To Reply to some of the goings around while I was away in Mexico getting inside information on the strict training habits of Sergio Perez from the beach bar tenders there was a whole lot of rumbling and absolutely nothing productive accomplished other than this dedicated topic. So below I am going to create a summary of the happenings

1) Trophey: Derek we do in fact have a trophey. It is a chrome mini helmet that we will be listing team names and years on and will be passed from winner to winner for safe keeping yearly.

2) I will also be assembling a recap of years past for the league manager of each year to follow and update. These files will be passed from manager to manager to update as the season progresses.

3) Team names are picked after draft day takes place and must be submitted before the first race of the season. If you choose to keep your team name from last year you will be rediculed.

4) I am assembling the rules for this season based on the "Grid Advance" point system for the bottom twelve drivers. All other rules will stay in tact from last season but I will update the official rules sheet to provide more detail on the "Grid Advance" System. You will all receive the spreadsheet two weeks prior to the draft so that you can produce a plan of attack.

5) Can we change the title of the thread. Seams so 1995.....

Fin,
El Patron

pics for clicks! haha back on vortex :beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.