Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    1. Forum Sponsor
      Cars
      MK4 Jetta 2.0T, Mk1 Scirocco 16v, 323 GTX
      10-18-2012 09:35 AM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by DjBij099 View Post
      How bout $200 Well I'd surely interested if you were to start mass producing and are in the price range of what your short runner intake manifolds go for, if not just a little more.
      Uh, right. Yeah, that is NEVER going to happen. A set of throttles alone costs more than a short runner intake manifold.

Quote Originally Posted by chois View Post
      This is for the SCCA F Prod motor that we discussed a few years ago. Rules required retaining stock type injection, and we really needed programmable control. 1.5 with "big" gti valve sizes, lots of cam and compression. Runs on 112. Need to dig a closer picture out of my phone, but you can just see it tucked under the intake tube tucked against the firewall. .
      Ah, yes! I remember looking into that. So, it all worked out well or "well enough"? Did anybody protest your unfair advantage? Please get us some close up shots that reveal the deep and dark secrets.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      1987 VW Golf
      10-18-2012 10:49 AM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      Uh, right. Yeah, that is NEVER going to happen. A set of throttles alone costs more than a short runner intake manifold.
      .......one day..........it'll happen I am curious to see dyno graphs of what this mod has done as far as the torque curve goes.
      Last edited by DjBij099; 10-18-2012 at 10:52 AM.

4. Member
      Cars
      79 Scirocco 82 Rabbit Truck 85 Golf D 87 GTI 97 Passat TDI 03 TT
      10-18-2012 11:03 AM #28
      This is pretty cool. lots of throttle blade area so it would get better the bigger the engine requirements.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Forum Sponsor
      Cars
      MK4 Jetta 2.0T, Mk1 Scirocco 16v, 323 GTX
      10-18-2012 11:06 AM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by DjBij099 View Post
      .......one day..........it'll happen
      Well, get on it immediately. If you can supply us with a $700 drop-in ITB kit for CIS, we'll commit to a 50-piece production run.

I am curious to see dyno graphs of what this mod has done as far as the torque curve goes.
      If our old man customer is interested, we'll do it. Again, this is more a proof of concept and "because we can" than an unveiling of new product line. There's probably 50 CIS kooks out there that'd love this... but want to spend $200 on it. The juice has to be worth the squeeze.

Cars
      15 Jetta 92 Corrado VR6
      10-19-2012 01:13 PM #30
      CIS is great until it can't do what you want. It has the innate ability of limiting your airflow to what it can fuel. It's beautifully simple that way.

Many, many moons ago I hacked the MS code to handle my CIS lambda valve (needs fixed freq). Totally computer controlled AFR on the stupid cheap. CIS-E would be harder to hack with how the CPR works.

Interesting idea, but I would argue that an EFI conversion and stock intake would likely drive better and make more power. But to each his own.
      -Paul
      1992 Corrado - ALL MOTOR Drag Project [email protected] and falling
      KPTuned - Official MegaSquirt: Sales - Repair - Installation - Tuning

10-19-2012 04:19 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      Ah, yes! I remember looking into that. So, it all worked out well or "well enough"? Did anybody protest your unfair advantage? Please get us some close up shots that reveal the deep and dark secrets.
      It actually worked well, once we got beyond our own learning curve of making programmable control work

Never an issue with legality. We were open about what we were doing with the rulemakers and have told other competitors what we did. We also realized after making it work that no one in their right mind would ever even try this, and we asked for an allowance for all fuel injected cars to switch to electronic injectors, otherwise you would not see any VWs that only came with CIS other than this one racing in this class.

So - next year we can swap the injectors and turn the fuel pressure down a bunch.
      Chris
      2014 Passat SE, 1.8tsi, 5sp / 1986 Golf Custom
      2019 DT Ram 5.7 16V / 2005 E-450 motor home 6.8 20V
      A2 Golf & A2 Coupe racers

9. 10-26-2012 07:20 PM #32
      Scott,
      This may be of use as a simple way to tune proper fueling and quick response fuel for your CIS setup. Scientific Rabbit is developing this wiring harness for CIS k-jet injection to be controlled and tuned by a wideband O2 & controller. I have this on my car now with the high quality wiring harness they built and love it. They don't have it listed on their site yet.

10. Member
      Cars
      79 Scirocco 82 Rabbit Truck 85 Golf D 87 GTI 97 Passat TDI 03 TT
      10-26-2012 11:43 PM #33
      "I touch myself"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12