VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Crashed Scirocco on 89! Any info?

28K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  niles 
#1 ·
Looked like a white one, judging by the dent on the roof it may have flipped over. Any info? Is the driver ok? State troopers had just arrived when we went by...:(

#3 ·
I think that was a different back-up. The huge jam was up by Montpelier, and I have no idea why it happened (people were out of their cars just hanging out). The crash was further south towards Concord...

#7 ·
That sucks man, hopefully he'll be ok. When we went by it looked like he was out of the car talking to one of the troopers that had stopped.

#8 ·
I saw a couple new sets of skid marks south bound on my drive back to Manchester at midnight... good to hear he is going to be okay. I was pretty tired after the long weekend as well - sunflower seeds work better than anything else I've found for keeping alert. Something about opening each one keeps your mind working.

#11 ·
I saw that pick-up in the median too!! I had totally forgotten about that.

Anyhow the scirocco was a 1-car crash, I'm assuming the knarly back-up by Montpelier was the tanker accident. Any info on that?

#12 ·
Sucks about the kid in the Scirocco hope he has a speedy recovery.

I think the back up was just past MP and it was right after you go over a concrete bridge/turn and up inot a large cut off a mountain. My guess is that the tanker was going slow up the large hill and someone was trying to pass him and clipped the back of the trailer. After they had cleaned a spill of some sort off, the highway was open to one lane and some people where checking out the messed up fender and wheels on on the tanker trailer.

Side note I guess this how they do it in VT two guys got out of their truck (before traffic had really stopped) the younger one jumps in the bed of the truck and pulls out a few 40oz beers.:banghead: Get back in truck and drink said beers they managed to put a hole into one of the cans and he comes running out of his truck to the edge of the bridge and drops it over the edge. :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.