Fourtitude.com - Diesel "smoke stacks" on pickup trucks.
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Fourtitude.com


    Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 112
    1. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 25th, 2009
      Posts
      314
      07-27-2012 12:09 PM #1
      Do they serve any real purpose besides being 110% obnoxious?

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. Member cryption's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 27th, 2006
      Location
      Houston
      Posts
      3,459
      Cars
      99 Miata, 2013 F150
      07-27-2012 12:10 PM #2
      I think being obnoxious is the point.

      Some people troll forums, others troll highways.
      Team 30k Jetta - Frat Boys

    4. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 13th, 2005
      Posts
      1,853
      07-27-2012 12:11 PM #3
      I'd rather have diesels expel their noxious fumes upwards than in my face.

      These guys are just being courteous to other drivers

    5. Member Robski92's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 26th, 2011
      Location
      Burlington, ON
      Posts
      4,004
      Cars
      2003 Golf TDI
      07-27-2012 12:14 PM #4
      Because racecar.

    6. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 5th, 2009
      Location
      NW, Connecticut.
      Posts
      648
      Cars
      '98 A4. PSS9 and more to come
      07-27-2012 12:16 PM #5
      One stack would be acceptable. Like one 5'' one or whatever is common in that community. But the **** I see here in NWCT and Central Connecticut is too much. Every other diesel truck has stacks.... Not a fan.

    7. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 23rd, 2010
      Location
      Ug...Jersey..
      Posts
      955
      Cars
      67 Dodge Coronet sedan, Kymco Like 200LX
      07-27-2012 12:17 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by Robski92 View Post
      Because hillbilly
      FTFY

    8. Member tngdesi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 7th, 2001
      Location
      Manchester, NH
      Posts
      2,986
      Cars
      2020 Tesla Model 3, 2017 Toyota Prius III Touring, 2001 Mazda Miata LS
      07-27-2012 12:19 PM #7
      I see them on non diesel pickups too....

    9. Member dieselraver's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 11th, 2007
      Location
      The City That Never Sleeps
      Posts
      13,535
      07-27-2012 12:21 PM #8




      Current Cars: 2018 BMW///M3 6 Speed Manual Yas Marina Blue over Sakhir Orange Leather | 2019 VW Atlas SEL | 2004 Infiniti FX35
      Previous Cars: 2017 Volvo S90 Inscription T6 AWD |2016 GLI DSG SEL | 2015 Touareg Lux TDI | 2014 GLI 6 Speed MT Autobahn | 2012 Odyssey EX-L | 2010 Outback 6 Speed MT | 2008 VW GTI 6 Speed MT | 2008 BMW 328xi 6 Speed MT | 2007 VW Rabbit 5 Speed MTl | 2001 Honda Accord

    10. Geriatric Member ByronLLN's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2004
      Location
      Detroit Metro, Mich
      Posts
      39,634
      Cars
      '13 392, '90 Miata, '11 Wrangler
      07-27-2012 12:22 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by Robski92 View Post
      Because can't get CDL.
      Quote Originally Posted by Robski92 View Post
      Because methamphetamine.
      Quote Originally Posted by Robski92 View Post
      Because
      All are correct.

    11. Member vmchurch's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 27th, 2010
      Location
      Chicago Burbs
      Posts
      679
      Cars
      '06 SG M3, '04 DBP R32
      07-27-2012 12:22 PM #10
      Because they are awesome

      "I remember thinking on that trip that the E46 M3 owner had no reason to be jealous of any other supercar owner. A large part of me still feels the same" - Chris Harris

      SG E46 M3 - The Weekend Toy
      DBP MkIV .:R - The Weekday Toy

    12. Member thegoodson's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 8th, 2005
      Location
      SE Michigan
      Posts
      1,338
      07-27-2012 12:24 PM #11
      Because they wish they had a lil red express?

      http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&g...0gH864DICA#p=0

    13. Senior Member dunhamjr's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 21st, 2002
      Location
      Kent, WA
      Posts
      26,091
      Cars
      19 e-Golf SE, 13 Highlander Hybrid Limited, 06 Miata Sport, 05 Sienna LE, 02 Ninja 250
      07-27-2012 12:26 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by JimmyGolf View Post
      I'd rather have diesels expel their noxious fumes upwards than in my face.

      These guys are just being courteous to other drivers
      if you are commenting based on this pic, you are wrong. nothing about this was done with courtesy in mind.



      if your comments are because of trucks like this than i can partially agree... but still they have done this to fit a style. i can guarantee 100% of trucks with pipes like this didnt do it for courtesy. some yes, all no.

    14. Member LouieTHEkid's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 27th, 2007
      Location
      301/571
      Posts
      5,527
      Cars
      01 GTI 1.8 57trim
      07-27-2012 12:26 PM #13
      Because little wiener.
      "Hey you get off my cloud, See me get raw with my southpaw style" 3o1 KIDS Gonzo Tuning and EVAC
      57 trim garrett, hardparker, polished, garage slut, on Raderwerks.
      My Never Ending Build

    15. Member sjt1985's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 17th, 2010
      Location
      Fuquay-Varina, NC
      Posts
      1,009
      Cars
      2013 Focus - turbo edition
      07-27-2012 12:35 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by LouieTHEkid View Post
      Because little wiener.
      Ding ding ding, we have a winner folks!
      Quote Originally Posted by feliks View Post
      I do not want to think what would have happened, if as a result of the vibrations, the resulting leaks in the fuel pool and the water came out of it ... Almost as a result of radiation inside the building and its three filling remains, you can not to re-seal it. ..

      Therefore, even mild disturbances such methods may be used: diamond cut rope ..

    16. Member Woodski's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 14th, 2010
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      4,378
      Cars
      '07 Civic Hy, '93 940, '17 NPS50
      07-27-2012 12:40 PM #15
      ive never understood the big truck/nice sports car = little dick thing.

      maybe the person actually just likes that stuff.
      My Flickr // IG - @mwoodski
      Quote Originally Posted by Matt
      I have literally zero experience with snow, but it seems to me that if it was raining and there was slush/snow still on the ground, I'd just wash it away with the hose rather than using a shovel. Sure it may freeze overnight, but if it's already raining, it's already going to be wet and freeze anyway, right?

    17. Member LouieTHEkid's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 27th, 2007
      Location
      301/571
      Posts
      5,527
      Cars
      01 GTI 1.8 57trim
      07-27-2012 12:42 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by Woodski View Post
      ive never understood the big truck/nice sports car = little dick thing.

      maybe the person actually just likes that stuff.
      it implies that someone feels so incompetent due to a small dick that they fear that without something eye catching/huge they won't be accepted. Case in point, a lot of the larger trucks around my school on tractor tires. No one is THAT pissed all the time unless... well ya know.
      "Hey you get off my cloud, See me get raw with my southpaw style" 3o1 KIDS Gonzo Tuning and EVAC
      57 trim garrett, hardparker, polished, garage slut, on Raderwerks.
      My Never Ending Build

    18. Member Woodski's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 14th, 2010
      Location
      CT
      Posts
      4,378
      Cars
      '07 Civic Hy, '93 940, '17 NPS50
      07-27-2012 12:44 PM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by LouieTHEkid View Post
      it implies that someone feels so incompetent due to a small dick that they fear that without something eye catching/huge they won't be accepted. Case in point, a lot of the larger trucks around my school on tractor tires. No one is THAT pissed all the time unless... well ya know.
      orrrr, maybe they genuinely like the stuff they have, who says they're trying to be accepted?

      i secretly thing 90% of the guys in the car scene are closet homosexuals, due to the amount of time they think about dicks regarding car modification.
      My Flickr // IG - @mwoodski
      Quote Originally Posted by Matt
      I have literally zero experience with snow, but it seems to me that if it was raining and there was slush/snow still on the ground, I'd just wash it away with the hose rather than using a shovel. Sure it may freeze overnight, but if it's already raining, it's already going to be wet and freeze anyway, right?

    19. Geriatric Member Aonarch's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 4th, 2006
      Location
      ATL
      Posts
      41,658
      Cars
      '20 Volvo V60 T5 R-Design Polestar
      07-27-2012 12:48 PM #18
      Would smash

    20. Member Chris_V's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 18th, 2009
      Location
      Pikesville, MD
      Posts
      18,656
      Cars
      '13 Volt, '20 Bolt, '02 Suburban 2500LT
      07-27-2012 12:54 PM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by Woodski View Post
      orrrr, maybe they genuinely like the stuff they have, who says they're trying to be accepted?

      i secretly thing 90% of the guys in the car scene are closet homosexuals, due to the amount of time they think about dicks regarding car modification.
      Right on.
      "Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection"

    21. Member Bonanza's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 11th, 2010
      Posts
      1,454
      07-27-2012 12:58 PM #20
      Some have them for looks. Others, with tunes, do have them so they aren't spewing into other people's faces. With some tunes, diesels HAUL. You want this kind of smoke in your face?


    22. Member stascom's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 12th, 2009
      Location
      So. Oregon
      Posts
      5,487
      Cars
      a Nissan
      07-27-2012 12:59 PM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
      Some have them for looks. Others, with tunes, do have them so they aren't spewing into other people's faces. With some tunes, diesels HAUL. You want this kind of smoke in your face?

      Yup, looks like an off-the-shelf tune...

    23. Member tngdesi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 7th, 2001
      Location
      Manchester, NH
      Posts
      2,986
      Cars
      2020 Tesla Model 3, 2017 Toyota Prius III Touring, 2001 Mazda Miata LS
      07-27-2012 01:02 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
      Some have them for looks. Others, with tunes, do have them so they aren't spewing into other people's faces. With some tunes, diesels HAUL. You want this kind of smoke in your face?

      Holy ****e...that video was nuts!!

    24. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 30th, 2003
      Location
      SF,SD
      Posts
      942
      Cars
      74 2002/83 GTI/91 318is/92 Corrado
      07-27-2012 01:02 PM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by cryption View Post
      I think being noxious is the point.
      FTFY.

    25. Geriatric Member Chapel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 23rd, 1999
      Location
      Boston
      Posts
      54,612
      Cars
      12 XC70 T6 | 09 Silverado
      07-27-2012 01:04 PM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by sjt1985 View Post
      Ding ding ding, we have a winner folks!
      the girth and length of my dick is epic and I love those stupid stacks...

    26. Member horsty69's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 21st, 2003
      Location
      PA
      Posts
      2,953
      Cars
      2013 135is,2013 TSX, 2014 JKU Willys, 2005 Key West 186CC
      07-27-2012 01:06 PM #25
      Ill admit it...I want a big truck with a smoke stack...I dont have a need for one, but I do want one. Why anyone else whould care I dont know but people seem to get their hipster panties in a bunch about it.

    Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •