Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
      03-25-2012 01:27 PM #101
      Quote Originally Posted by BeBop! View Post
      Looks like attempted murder to me.

Murder is generally reserved for an act that is premeditated with intent.

This lady didn't pull out of her driveway intending on acting out a grand theft auto scene in real life.

That being said, it wouldn't be involuntary manslaughter either, as she clearly had to know aiming at him and mashing the gas could cause serious bodily harm or death.

File this under attempted voluntary manslaughter because of provocation and the time involved between the events shown on film. She should sit several years in jail.
      -Josh

Atari Token <- Will allow integration into games for ownership and transfer of digital assets with the ability to create or earn property in virtual worlds, cross platforms, through blockchain. Coming soon to the new Atari VCS

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      1995 Saturn SW1
      03-25-2012 01:35 PM #102
      Quote Originally Posted by Jiffycake! View Post
      why does that video look like you're tripping?
      isn't that youtube's new 'shaky camera' fix?
      Quote Originally Posted by VadGTI View Post
      This thread is now about car cakes.
      Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
      Things I learned today: You don't have to pass grade 12 English to Manage a Honda dealership.

4. Member
      Cars
      2008 Viper, Prior: 2006 Gallardo Spyder, 2001 Miata, 2006 Corvette, 2008 Ninja 650, 1999 Lexus GS400
      03-25-2012 01:39 PM #103
      Back when I had my bike myself and a female co-worker took it out for lunch. On the way back I stopped at a red light. I was first in line, and when the light turned green proceeded though the intersection. Since I was in Massachusetts (home of the worst drivers in the US), the car on the other side of the red light immediately sped up to try to take a left turn before I got through the intersection (I have driven all over the country and MA is the only place I've seen where drivers do this on a regular basis). I was literally 1/2way through the intersection at the time, so I saw the driver slow down, realizing she won't be able to make the left quickly enough to not hit me.

As I'm looking at her, I see her contemplating the situation, then realizing that I'm on a bike, and she is in a 4000lb vehicle. So she decides to cut me off anyway, forcing me to slam on the brakes in order to not hit her. She literally played chicken with me, while I had the right of way, because she knew my only 2 options were to stop for her or die. This woman risked the life of myself and my passenger in order to save herself a couple seconds of waiting to turn left.

Needless to say, I didn't appreciate her behavior too much. I let a lot of things slide on the road, but playing with the lives of myself and my passenger in order to save yourself a couple seconds is not one of them. I made a U-Turn in the middle of the intersection, chased her down, caught her stopped at a light, got off my bike and proceeded to punch the **** out of the hood of her car with the carbon-fiber reinforced knuckles on my bike gloves. While I was doing it I kind of forgot about my passenger, and nearly dropped the bike as I tried to hold it up with one hand while punching the woman's car The woman in the car was petrified as this was happening, hopefully she learned her lesson and never does anything like that again.

Massachusetts drivers have to be the most inconsiderate a$$holes in the world. The exact same thing happened to me in my Corvette with an F150 playing chicken with me at the same light. I made a U-turn and chased him too. I'm so glad I don't drive in MA anymore
      "Plenty of poseurs drive all sorts of sports cars, but poseurs won’t survive the Viper"-Car and Driver

03-25-2012 01:43 PM #104
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      Just because I am willing to kill in cold blood doesn't mean I am uncivilized.
      Yes it does.

So you would rather get charged for murder, attempted murder or assault with a deadly weapon (a car is considered a weapon) because someone KICKED your car?

I got put into a curb before, had to avoid 3 parked cars because of it and almost got killed by a soccer mom in a minivan not paying attention. You know what I did? Punched off her mirror, and it was well deserved.

03-25-2012 01:47 PM #105
      Quote Originally Posted by Khyron View Post
      If a kid kicks my car I don't whip out a knife and shank him. So why is trying to murder him with a car ok? You get his plate/tag and report it to police/insurance like any other type of vandalism. IT'S A CAR.
      And that my friend is the difference between Canada and certain members of the USA (note: specifically from more liberal "gun" states). And Calgarians. They be crazy from all that cold.

Last edited by nismor32; 03-25-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Cars
      15 Outback 3.6R
      03-25-2012 01:57 PM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by thetopdog View Post

Massachusetts drivers have to be the most inconsiderate a$$holes in the world. The exact same thing happened to me in my Corvette with an F150 playing chicken with me at the same light. I made a U-turn and chased him too. I'm so glad I don't drive in MA anymore
      So what are you going to do when you catch that 5,000 pound pickup truck with thick steel bumpers?

Another big talking moron in a fiberglass car ignoring the laws of physics.

Cars
      2009 Subaru WRX, 2003 Subaru Baja
      03-25-2012 02:34 PM #107
      I ride a motorcycle, my rear tired has been lightly bumped while stopped at a light and I didn't even do anything. I think it's funny that some bike riders think they can beat on cars, then stuff like this happens.
      Do not be persecuted by the pompous fedora, balanced by the equilibrium, fortified by the
      government's inability to eradicate, or foreshadow—taken from the Hebrew word: foreskin

Cars
      gray hare.
      03-25-2012 02:39 PM #108
      Instead of trying to pull the driver through the window, why didn't the biker just unlock the door and then whip some tail?

Cars
      2006 Škoda Octavia
      03-25-2012 03:24 PM #109
      bikers...

11. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Cars
      2018 F150
      03-25-2012 03:30 PM #110
      Quote Originally Posted by nismor32 View Post
      Yes it does.

So you would rather get charged for murder, attempted murder or assault with a deadly weapon (a car is considered a weapon) because someone KICKED your car?

I got put into a curb before, had to avoid 3 parked cars because of it and almost got killed by a soccer mom in a minivan not paying attention. You know what I did? Punched off her mirror, and it was well deserved.
      Dude- was that not the most obviously sarcastic post ever?
      Vehicles owned (*=automatic):
      Chevy: 82 Cavalier Type 10, 94 Cavalier Coupe* | Chrysler: 96 Town & Country* | Ford: 73 F100, 88 F150, 18 F150* | Jeep: 78 CJ-5 | Mazdas: 83 GLC, 85 RX7 GS, 86 323, 90 323, 90 B2600i, 92 Miata, 97 Protege, 01 B2300, 01 B3000, 04 RX8 | Nissan: 90 240SX SE | Plymouth: 88 Caravan* | Pontiac: 84 Grand Prix* | Toyota: 84 Celica GTS, 02 Tundra*

12. Member
      Cars
      2008 Viper, Prior: 2006 Gallardo Spyder, 2001 Miata, 2006 Corvette, 2008 Ninja 650, 1999 Lexus GS400
      03-25-2012 03:36 PM #111
      Quote Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
      So what are you going to do when you catch that 5,000 pound pickup truck with thick steel bumpers?

Another big talking moron in a fiberglass car ignoring the laws of physics.
      Why are you saying "what are you going to do" as if I didn't already do it? I caught up to him, cut him off, flipped him off, and let him know how much I appreciated his actions. That's about all I could do, I wasn't going to risk getting arrested (or shot) by getting out of my car and starting a physical confrontation, but I also was prepared to finish what I started had he gotten out of his truck and initiated things. I really don't appreciate people putting my life at risk in order to save themselves a few seconds of time, particularly when I have the right of way

The only "laws of physics" I needed to understand were the laws that my car was much faster than his and I could quickly extricate myself from the situation if necessary. Do you think I chased him down in order to play bumper cars with him?
      "Plenty of poseurs drive all sorts of sports cars, but poseurs won’t survive the Viper"-Car and Driver

13. Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room. Metallitubby's Avatar
      Cars
      Honda, Ducati
      03-25-2012 03:49 PM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by impact View Post
      bikers...
      Hair stylists...
      Clowns...
      Investment bankers...
      Preachers...
      Cooks @ KFC...
      Immigrant landscapers...
      Needlepointers...
      Italians...
      * My contributions are not representative of American Honda

Cars
      2007 TW Fit Sport
      03-25-2012 03:58 PM #113
      Why are you saying "what are you going to do" as if I didn't already do it? I caught up to him, cut him off, flipped him off, and let him know how much I appreciated his actions. That's about all I could do, I wasn't going to risk getting arrested (or shot) by getting out of my car and starting a physical confrontation, but I also was prepared to finish what I started had he gotten out of his truck and initiated things. I really don't appreciate people putting my life at risk in order to save themselves a few seconds of time, particularly when I have the right of way

The only "laws of physics" I needed to understand were the laws that my car was much faster than his and I could quickly extricate myself from the situation if necessary. Do you think I chased him down in order to play bumper cars with him?
      You showed him alright...

15. 03-25-2012 04:16 PM #114
      One of those cases where we should sit back and let natural selection take over.

I see nothign substantially different between the actions of the MC rider and the SUV driver. Both attempted to attack each other while on/in a motor vehicle.

The MC simply chose poorly.

Cars
      ?txen s'tahw rednow s'odar owt denwo
      03-25-2012 04:26 PM #115
      Quote Originally Posted by FlashRedGLS1.8T View Post

Lessons:

Don't cut-off lane splitters
      Don't kick someone's car
      Don't run someone over

i lane split, i would rather keep it moving over sitting and inhaling fumes. ll take my chances.
      i will kick, take a dump, wail on a cage, if pushed in that direction.
      i will run your @ss over if i have the right of way, you see me coming but decide to get in way of my cage.

:p

17. 03-25-2012 04:45 PM #116
      Road rage is nuts. Locally there was a guy who got into it with it with another driver. Pulled in front of him and got outta the car to start banging on the hood. Kid got scared and ran him over. Squashed his head. If I remember correctly the kid got off Scott free.

18. Member
      Cars
      03-25-2012 05:43 PM #117
      Quote Originally Posted by bpodlesnik View Post
      You showed him alright...
      Did I say that I "showed him". I simply described the situation as it happened. I felt the need to do something, and I did what little I could without getting in legal trouble

Cars
      German Vans, British cars, and a motorbike.
      03-25-2012 05:57 PM #118
      Quote Originally Posted by hrama803 View Post
      Well sir I of course did not mean little Tiny BB's that may knick a window when shot.

Im talking Ball Bearings.
      Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course. Hey! It's all ball bearings* nowadays.

* I have never, ever reached in my pocket for these things. I hope I am ever in the situation were I feel I would need to. In fact, when I went down to the garage a minute ago to take this photo, they weren't even in the pocket of my jacket anymore. Guess I'm growing up.

Cars
      15 Outback 3.6R
      03-25-2012 06:08 PM #119
      Did I say that I "showed him". I simply described the situation as it happened. I felt the need to do something, and I did what little I could without getting in legal trouble
      Taking on a 5,000 pound F-150 with a Corvette.

Cars
      Sedan and Van in white
      03-25-2012 07:04 PM #120
      Quote Originally Posted by McBanagon View Post
      Corbic? Is that you?

22. 03-25-2012 07:08 PM #121
      That's great.....

Speaking of Florida this kind of thing happens all the time down here, but usually the motorcyclist ends up dead or seriously injured. I wouldn't try to make enemies while riding a donor cycle in S.Fla. there's no helmet law here. I like when they tailgate me I have a strange tendency to use my windshield washer at that moment gee wonder what all season wipe all taste like?

03-25-2012 07:15 PM #122
      Quote Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
      Taking on a 5,000 pound F-150 with a Corvette.
      Doesn't really sounds like he "took" anyone "on". He caught up with the truck to tell the driver what he thought of him. No more, no less.

Cars
      2003 Toyota Matrix XRS
      03-25-2012 08:08 PM #123
      Quote Originally Posted by PowerDubs View Post
      Murder is generally reserved for an act that is premeditated with intent.

This lady didn't pull out of her driveway intending on acting out a grand theft auto scene in real life.

That being said, it wouldn't be involuntary manslaughter either, as she clearly had to know aiming at him and mashing the gas could cause serious bodily harm or death.

File this under attempted voluntary manslaughter because of provocation and the time involved between the events shown on film. She should sit several years in jail.
      uh, what? That's clearly attempted murder. She tried to pin the guy between her car and a parked car. Half the people in this thread are on something I swear

03-25-2012 08:26 PM #124
      Quote Originally Posted by Bias_Ply View Post
      you wouldn't mind if someone kicked your car like that? they were both in the wrong, the car driver had no right to do what they did, but both parties could have chosen not to escalate.

if you ask me the woman looked like she was scared for her life and tried to get away from him, she was boxed in by a car in front and the only way out was in the path of the bike.
      Current Cars: 2018 BMW///M3 6 Speed Manual Yas Marina Blue over Sakhir Orange Leather | 2019 VW Atlas SEL | 2004 Infiniti FX35
      Previous Cars: 2017 Volvo S90 Inscription T6 AWD |2016 GLI DSG SEL | 2015 Touareg Lux TDI | 2014 GLI 6 Speed MT Autobahn | 2012 Odyssey EX-L | 2010 Outback 6 Speed MT | 2008 VW GTI 6 Speed MT | 2008 BMW 328xi 6 Speed MT | 2007 VW Rabbit 5 Speed MTl | 2001 Honda Accord

03-25-2012 09:27 PM #125
      Quote Originally Posted by mike02467 View Post
      uh, what? That's clearly attempted murder. She tried to pin the guy between her car and a parked car. Half the people in this thread are on something I swear

You need to read up on the legal definitions of the terms then reread what I posted. She did not try to murder him. There is a distinct and clear legal difference in the details.
      -Josh

Atari Token <- Will allow integration into games for ownership and transfer of digital assets with the ability to create or earn property in virtual worlds, cross platforms, through blockchain. Coming soon to the new Atari VCS

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast