Fourtitude.com - The car enthusiast thread. All topics are fair game - you just need to love cars (since TCL doesn't)
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Fourtitude.com


    Page 854 of 863 FirstFirst ... 354754804844850851852853854855856857858 ... LastLast
    Results 21,326 to 21,350 of 21552
    1. Don't be me. Don't be a 'Rick' Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 19th, 2008
      Location
      In The Woods
      Posts
      10,813
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2018 SQ5
      08-13-2019 04:48 PM #21326
      Quote Originally Posted by n0rdicalex. View Post
      have the resident Audi specialist find you a CPO SQ5 - they can be had in the low 30's (and up), which is cheaper than a new Golf R. otherwise, I agree - they can get spendy.
      The Audi Whisperer.
      Instagram - efrie004

      Buy my E46 sport springs. H&R part # 29485 - PM for details.

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. Member Smooremin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 10th, 2006
      Location
      Chicago, Il
      Posts
      6,648
      Cars
      16v I4, Turbocharged V6, Gas drinking V8, High revving V10
      08-13-2019 04:56 PM #21327
      Dont fear, I am here

      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Asking OT for relationship advice makes about as much sense as asking TCL what car to buy.
      Quote Originally Posted by ChillOutPossum View Post
      About 5 oclock I realized I needed to go to Costco for some white people stuff.

    4. I wait in line 4 hours for Pretzels on Pretzel Day Metallitubby's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2001
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      31,354
      Cars
      Honda, Ducati
      08-13-2019 05:20 PM #21328
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      The Audi Whisperer.
      Braeondaeon!
      Braeondaeon!
      Braeondaeon!

      * My contributions are not representative of American Honda

    5. Senior Member Sporin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 17th, 1999
      Location
      Vermont, USA
      Posts
      31,614
      Cars
      '94 Miata - '16 RAV4 - '10 Prius
      08-13-2019 06:59 PM #21329
      Quote Originally Posted by DubyaV View Post
      Yes! That’s the right call .

      Also, maybe consider some Krown rust proofing on the Miata to help it last through the wintry stuff. With any other car I wouldn’t be too worried, but Miatas rust when you look at them funny, so it may be worth it. I think there’s a Krown location right near you in White River Junction VT/Grantham NH: https://www.krown.com/en/locations/u...-junction/165/ . For the $129 that it costs, it’s a no-brainer I think.
      My local garage (who is also a client) does rustproofing which I had planned to do on the RAV4. Might as well have them do the Miata, too. Will be a good way to stem the little bit of surface rust I've got already. Turn everything nice and black again. I really want to do that shock swap first though.

      Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      I would think it could be pretty cheap to have the top vinyl wrapped in a color of your choosing to compliment/contrast with the car color.
      With my red car, I'd love to wrap the hardtop in a subtle black "carbon fiber" pattern. I think that would look cool.

      On a totally related note, I'm experiencing my usual Fall work push, where suddenly I have so much work to do so the money will at least start flowing again. Summer is a real bitch every year as most of my clients are very quiet in that season.

    6. Member TooFitToQuit's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 5th, 2003
      Location
      ATL
      Posts
      14,297
      08-14-2019 10:42 AM #21330
      Any of you in/around Atlanta are welcome to join our open house party: "Lights & Lagers". more info @ tinyurl.com/lightsandlagers
      2019 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport 4WD - Not Stock

    7. Member Strange Mud's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 20th, 2017
      Location
      Small Town CT
      Posts
      915
      Cars
      2017 GTI
      08-14-2019 11:08 AM #21331
      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      Make sure to try their coffee maker too. It's divine.
      I've heard good things about the bacon too.
      My glass is half-full of empty

    8. Member davewg's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 30th, 2001
      Location
      NJ near Philly - for the steaks!
      Posts
      4,204
      Cars
      7 Speed RGASM
      08-14-2019 11:23 AM #21332
      Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
      What do you care what it costs? She pays for it!

      "It could always be worse..."
      LOL. But it might impinge her purse/bag/shoe budget.

      Quote Originally Posted by n0rdicalex. View Post
      have the resident Audi specialist find you a CPO SQ5 - they can be had in the low 30's (and up), which is cheaper than a new Golf R. otherwise, I agree - they can get spendy.
      Kinda hard to go from new car to CPO. I really, really don't think I want an SUV. As fast as it is, I really want handling, etc. etc....

      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      Make sure to try their coffee maker too. It's divine.
      So I've heard. And the couches are comfy too.

      Quote Originally Posted by Smooremin View Post
      Dont fear, I am here
      I'm still mulling.

      A lot of thinking on that drive to/from Ohio. Where, incidentally, I realized that 99% of cars on the road are super-boring.
      2018 Golf R - mine, mine, all mine.
      2017 Golf Alltrack SEL+Tech - Son #1. In a galaxy far, far away
      2014 Dodge Durango Limited AWD - Wife's
      2004 Acura TSX - Son #2. The sax-mobile
      1967 Chevrolet Corvette - I promise to get this car back on the road in 2018....

    9. Global Moderator Matt's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 22nd, 2000
      Location
      Paradise
      Posts
      13,410
      Cars
      2013 Toyota Tacoma
      08-14-2019 11:30 AM #21333
      Quote Originally Posted by davewg View Post
      Kinda hard to go from new car to CPO. I really, really don't think I want an SUV. As fast as it is, I really want handling, etc. etc....
      Sounds like you already have what you really want. I know this doesn't help, but you've put others first for long enough and now that both kids are going off to college, it's time for you to have some fun. Don't back down!




      Quote Originally Posted by davewg View Post
      I'm still mulling.

      A lot of thinking on that drive to/from Ohio. Where, incidentally, I realized that 99% of cars on the road are super-boring.
      Did you at lest get to drive back from Ohio alone, in the R and drive it the way you like to drive it? Sounds like you needed that if that's what happened.
      Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stack View Post
      I don't want the butt herp on my schwantz either.

    10. Member Tornado2dr's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 31st, 2001
      Location
      Split Pants, VA
      Posts
      14,703
      08-14-2019 11:32 AM #21334
      Quote Originally Posted by davewg View Post
      Kinda hard to go from new car to CPO. I really, really don't think I want an SUV. As fast as it is, I really want handling, etc. etc....
      You mean from a lose your ass in the money standpoint, or a "I don't want a used car" standpoint?


      If the latter - i'd give it a shot. You'd be hard-pressed to figure out these cars with 20-30k on them are used when they are presented properly by the dealer. I am certain our next family car will be a cpo-something. I would have done it for the miata, but the money difference was too small to not opt for a zero-mile full warranty car.
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio!
      They make my ass look pretty.

    11. Senior Member Sporin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 17th, 1999
      Location
      Vermont, USA
      Posts
      31,614
      Cars
      '94 Miata - '16 RAV4 - '10 Prius
      08-14-2019 12:00 PM #21335
      Was parked up at the College the other day waiting to pick up my wife and one of the frat bros rolled in in a bright green Challenger Skat Pack(I think, shaker hood?). Sounded so damn mean, looked incredible.

      It's astounding some of the cars these Dartmouth kids bring to College.


    12. Member Strange Mud's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 20th, 2017
      Location
      Small Town CT
      Posts
      915
      Cars
      2017 GTI
      08-14-2019 12:07 PM #21336
      Quote Originally Posted by davewg View Post
      LOL. But it might impinge her purse/bag/shoe budget.


      guess who's wife doesn't read TCL....
      My glass is half-full of empty

    13. Member IdontOwnAVW's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 17th, 2004
      Location
      Wilmington DE
      Posts
      6,785
      Cars
      Rabbit TDI, MK4 2.0, 04 GTO
      08-14-2019 12:10 PM #21337
      Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      Was parked up at the College the other day waiting to pick up my wife and one of the frat bros rolled in in a bright green Challenger Skat Pack(I think, shaker hood?). Sounded so damn mean, looked incredible.

      It's astounding some of the cars these Dartmouth kids bring to College.
      There are quite a few imported-for-school types of kids here at the University of Delaware. So far I've seen Maserati's, a couple Lamborghini's and a handful of AMG benz offerings.

      It's nuts.
      IG: @geeofff
      MK1 TDI Swap

    14. Global Moderator Matt's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 22nd, 2000
      Location
      Paradise
      Posts
      13,410
      Cars
      2013 Toyota Tacoma
      08-14-2019 12:15 PM #21338
      Quote Originally Posted by IdontOwnAVW View Post
      There are quite a few imported-for-school types of kids here at the University of Delaware. So far I've seen Maserati's, a couple Lamborghini's and a handful of AMG benz offerings.

      It's nuts.
      I went to a school with students like this. Cars like this were all over campus. I was still the coolest kid at school with my '81 CJ-7 Renegade though .
      Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stack View Post
      I don't want the butt herp on my schwantz either.

    15. Member Strange Mud's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 20th, 2017
      Location
      Small Town CT
      Posts
      915
      Cars
      2017 GTI
      08-14-2019 12:24 PM #21339
      Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      Was parked up at the College the other day waiting to pick up my wife and one of the frat bros rolled in in a bright green Challenger Skat Pack(I think, shaker hood?). Sounded so damn mean, looked incredible.

      It's astounding some of the cars these Dartmouth kids bring to College.

      dividends after sexual misconduct?
      My glass is half-full of empty

    16. Member davewg's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 30th, 2001
      Location
      NJ near Philly - for the steaks!
      Posts
      4,204
      Cars
      7 Speed RGASM
      08-14-2019 12:25 PM #21340
      Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
      Sounds like you already have what you really want. I know this doesn't help, but you've put others first for long enough and now that both kids are going off to college, it's time for you to have some fun. Don't back down!

      Did you at lest get to drive back from Ohio alone, in the R and drive it the way you like to drive it? Sounds like you needed that if that's what happened.
      Yeah - I do share the sentiment. But if I hardly drive it, is it worth keeping? Perfect example was the trip to DC yesterday. R stayed home even if it was the better car for the trip. Of course, when we hit the pot-holed off ramp when we stopped to get some dinner my wife's first comment was 'good thing we don't have your car.' See what I'm dealing with here?

      As for the latter, no. The Ohio trip was in the Durango as we had to tow a small UHaul trailer with furniture and stuff for my son's apartment.

      Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      You mean from a lose your ass in the money standpoint, or a "I don't want a used car" standpoint?


      If the latter - i'd give it a shot. You'd be hard-pressed to figure out these cars with 20-30k on them are used when they are presented properly by the dealer. I am certain our next family car will be a cpo-something. I would have done it for the miata, but the money difference was too small to not opt for a zero-mile full warranty car.
      A little bit of both, but in all honesty its more the latter. #1 will happen regardless I have a feeling.

      My friend with the SQ5 got his CPO. He hasn't had any concerns/issues.

      Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      It's hard not to like these, or properly equipped Chargers.
      2018 Golf R - mine, mine, all mine.
      2017 Golf Alltrack SEL+Tech - Son #1. In a galaxy far, far away
      2014 Dodge Durango Limited AWD - Wife's
      2004 Acura TSX - Son #2. The sax-mobile
      1967 Chevrolet Corvette - I promise to get this car back on the road in 2018....

    17. Senior Member Sporin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 17th, 1999
      Location
      Vermont, USA
      Posts
      31,614
      Cars
      '94 Miata - '16 RAV4 - '10 Prius
      08-14-2019 01:50 PM #21341
      Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
      I went to a school with students like this. Cars like this were all over campus. I was still the coolest kid at school with my '81 CJ-7 Renegade though .
      The Wrangler Unlimited has really become the go-to "I'm sending my kid to school in the north, he needs 4WD" well-off Dartmouth student car.

      There was a couple of years where a kid was driving around an always dirty, black Bentley Continental GT. You see just a ton of lease special BMW and MB CUV's. A few really nice US Defender D90's for the kids who simply can't have the same Wrangler as everyone else. Lots of newer Land Cruisers and Range Rovers. It's a rich town anyway so there are always a ton of nice luxury cars around.

      Last edited by Sporin; 08-14-2019 at 01:52 PM.

    18. Member Code Red!'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 22nd, 2011
      Location
      I'm a little upset about a bad sexual episode I had last night.
      Posts
      3,576
      Cars
      2015 Forester, 2006 CR-V
      08-14-2019 01:54 PM #21342
      Quote Originally Posted by davewg View Post
      Yeah - I do share the sentiment. But if I hardly drive it, is it worth keeping? Perfect example was the trip to DC yesterday. R stayed home even if it was the better car for the trip. Of course, when we hit the pot-holed off ramp when we stopped to get some dinner my wife's first comment was 'good thing we don't have your car.' See what I'm dealing with here?
      Go find a well cared for S8.

      Why not. It's not like anyone else makes poor German decisions around here.
      A loving welcome from TCL

      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      Life is way more fun with people you enjoy being around.

    19. ***** (Cat) Lover Pizza Cat!!!!'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2nd, 2006
      Location
      Near McBanagon
      Posts
      21,031
      Cars
      1) allmistake 2) V8 rental 3) merican vw
      08-14-2019 01:55 PM #21343
      I want to buy this. Specifically in poverty-spec edition.



      What the **** is wrong with me?
      Own a Chevrolet SS? Join the Official TCL Registry!

      It's me, Rabbit, I promise.
      Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Dubber-GLI View Post
      NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

    20. Member Code Red!'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 22nd, 2011
      Location
      I'm a little upset about a bad sexual episode I had last night.
      Posts
      3,576
      Cars
      2015 Forester, 2006 CR-V
      08-14-2019 02:15 PM #21344
      Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Cat!!!! View Post
      What the **** is wrong with me?
      Nothing really. Heck I still want to buy one of these.



      It's a one owner with only 85k on that W12 too...
      A loving welcome from TCL

      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      Life is way more fun with people you enjoy being around.

    21. Member n0rdicalex.'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 14th, 2007
      Posts
      15,244
      Cars
      S4, A4, R32
      08-14-2019 02:16 PM #21345
      Quote Originally Posted by davewg View Post


      Kinda hard to go from new car to CPO. I really, really don't think I want an SUV. As fast as it is, I really want handling, etc. etc....
      I feel ya. I chanced my 2014 S4 as non-CPO. it was dealer maintained and only had 33k miles, but too old to be certified in 2019. at least I tell myself that everytime I press the 'start' button.

      Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Cat!!!! View Post
      I want to buy this. Specifically in poverty-spec edition.

      What the **** is wrong with me?
      nothing - they are really lovely cars, especially in that color. everytime I see a mk7/7.5 GTI I think about buying one as a commuter car.
      welcome to the layer cake

    22. ***** (Cat) Lover Pizza Cat!!!!'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2nd, 2006
      Location
      Near McBanagon
      Posts
      21,031
      Cars
      1) allmistake 2) V8 rental 3) merican vw
      08-14-2019 02:24 PM #21346
      Quote Originally Posted by Code Red! View Post
      Nothing really. Heck I still want to buy one of these.


      It's a one owner with only 85k on that W12 too...
      Two VR6s for the price of one!
      Own a Chevrolet SS? Join the Official TCL Registry!

      It's me, Rabbit, I promise.
      Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Dubber-GLI View Post
      NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

    23. ***** (Cat) Lover Pizza Cat!!!!'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2nd, 2006
      Location
      Near McBanagon
      Posts
      21,031
      Cars
      1) allmistake 2) V8 rental 3) merican vw
      08-14-2019 02:25 PM #21347
      Oh, car CSB - while I was gone for 3 weeks, I had my neighbor turn the ignition switch of the Audi on every 4-5 days so that there wasn't a ghetto sagging suspension car sitting out in front of my for-sale home

      Success!
      Own a Chevrolet SS? Join the Official TCL Registry!

      It's me, Rabbit, I promise.
      Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Dubber-GLI View Post
      NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

    24. Member Tornado2dr's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 31st, 2001
      Location
      Split Pants, VA
      Posts
      14,703
      08-14-2019 02:31 PM #21348
      Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Cat!!!! View Post
      Oh, car CSB - while I was gone for 3 weeks, I had my neighbor turn the ignition switch of the Audi on every 4-5 days so that there wasn't a ghetto sagging suspension car sitting out in front of my for-sale home

      Success!
      If you had just left it on the jack stands you would have no sagging and you could go right back to fixing it.
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio!
      They make my ass look pretty.

    25. Member Code Red!'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 22nd, 2011
      Location
      I'm a little upset about a bad sexual episode I had last night.
      Posts
      3,576
      Cars
      2015 Forester, 2006 CR-V
      08-14-2019 02:42 PM #21349
      Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      If you had just left it on the jack stands you would have no sagging and you could go right back to fixing it.
      No he had to make it look nice for the home sale. Having 4 rings REALLY boosts curb appeal out there.
      A loving welcome from TCL

      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      Life is way more fun with people you enjoy being around.

    26. ***** (Cat) Lover Pizza Cat!!!!'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2nd, 2006
      Location
      Near McBanagon
      Posts
      21,031
      Cars
      1) allmistake 2) V8 rental 3) merican vw
      08-14-2019 02:46 PM #21350
      Quote Originally Posted by Code Red! View Post
      No he had to make it look nice for the home sale. Having 4 rings REALLY boosts curb appeal out there.
      The people buying the house (well, pending inspection) do have two dogs - so I'm sure they'd love a POS wagon to carry them around in.
      Own a Chevrolet SS? Join the Official TCL Registry!

      It's me, Rabbit, I promise.
      Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Dubber-GLI View Post
      NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

    Page 854 of 863 FirstFirst ... 354754804844850851852853854855856857858 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •