Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. 11-14-2011 08:10 PM #1
      Current photos:

http://tinyurl.com/20vturq

Selected video taken on private road:

http://www.youtube.com/user/20vturq#g/u

Graphite, 77k original miles, interior clean and doing pretty well except a little dried out and headliner sags a little- dash perfect,sloped eurolights (one crack on highbeam, includes city-light bulb holders I have not installed), e-code tail clusters, ~70k engine mile 3B conversion with RS2 airbox, RS2 EM and RS2 turbo, IA 2.5bar software, 3-in freeflow SS exhaust, 4.11 4kq gearset, which makes the car faster but also louder on the freeway. sparco upper strut bar, custom 944t IC with excellent shrouding and all silicone hoses, extra digital gages for oil pressure, boost, water temp, andial IC temp gage, Halmeter A/F in glove box, BIG 3-in Al radiator, clutch M/C brace, 4kq power steering, full Coupe CQ (all new parts) vacuum brake conversion (no bomb), G60 front brakes, S4 oil windage tray with custom splash plate, 82 suspension with big rear sway bar (takes corners FLAT), bilstein HDs, H&Rs, pristine re-finished urS4 16x8 Fuchs w/great cond. Ventus RS-2s. Purchase includes original 15x8 Ronals in decent condition with Yoko ES-100s,and a set of straight but scratched and brake dust -stained pearl-colored 15x7.5 Fuchs. Also included will be stock IC, metal distributor gear kit, a set of 2 NOS early ball joints, all the A/C parts (including 3B compressor)which have been removed but could be re-installed, and calipers and carriers for an Ate-97 "tt" front brake conversion. Also have extra spoiler and stock euro springs. New parts in last 10k miles: Starter, Complete clutch (including updated throwout fork, slave cyl), ZF-rebuilt rack, all coolant hoses except heater core, redline gear fluid, oil every 3k w/ mobil 1, new battery 3k ago and quick disconnect to prevent drain. Blaupunkt CD with Alpine amp in trunk. No fluid leaks, no weird noises, T/B and W/P done at 60k. Assorted grounding/relay upgrades to fix tail cluster function and starting issues. Several of these recently new parts are now NLA. Car smogs just fine in OR; occasionally gets dinged for sound but I have custom-made exhaust tip silencers which bolt in in 2 minutes to quiet it down if nec. OR tags good thru 9/12 Bad/weird stuff: Front seats are from from 4kq and look great but do not release, wiring near battery needs tidying to fit under back seat properly, fuel pump needs to be rewired to shut off when engine not running but ignition is on (safety issue), fuel tank vent needs a carbon canister fitted to prevent evap and odors, stereo needs to be re-wired because I used non-insulated audio cable to/from the amp (stupid). Also runs 944t fuel pump and "pinched" higher pressure FPR, 2 unnecessary mods which cause the micture to flop rich (stinky) at idle. Car was re-sprayed after a minor (clean title) accident and paint could use a good wet-sand in a few spots, although it is not deteriorating anywhere and looks great with a coat of wax. Some pitting on front bumper, a few surface scratches on the rear bumper from "parking kisses" and a touched-up gash on right rear fender where PO scraped it with a strut tower the day before I took delivery. Some minor "patina" on the 82 suspension, just needs to be sandblasted and powdercoated, also some rusty spots on hood underside. Could use an oil cooler upgrade for track days, and radiator shrouding re-fabbed to accomodate relocated PS pump and alternator. (although it cools fine without it for street driving even on hot days and I have some parts like the top piece). Bushings in 82 suspension are soft but not loose, makes wheel bearing "clunk" sound when reversing out of driveway. None of these affect reliability, just items on the to-do list to get things just right. Overall, looks/runs/sounds/drives amazing, just needs more time and $$ to be "absolutely perfect" than I have or will have any time soon (2 teens and a toddler and 2 hrs/day commuting) I have had for 11+ years and love the car, am interested in selling because I rarely drive it and I have my eye on a cherry 911sc a friend is selling. If I dont get enough to buy the 911 through liquidation of the urq, Im keeping it. Period. Lowballers and lecturers will be ignored. Price is based on the virtual impossibility of duplicating a 20vt-ed urq with this vintage, mileage and combination of parts, but possibly negotiable by removing extra parts listed here which I can sell separately. Please contact me if you are genuinely interested and have the means to purchase at the price I am asking. Phone #, answers, and additional pictures/video of anything can be shared for serious inquiries. Test drive requests will be considered carefully. THANK YOU FOR READING! email Jon direct at [email protected]

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 11-14-2011 09:18 PM #2
      Sorry - new to this forum and used to a classifieds form where I am helpfully reminded to put location :-) Must be getting old...

Cars
      Group B WRC, Group A DTM, and BHRC Cat 3.
      01-05-2012 10:14 PM #3
      This quite the car!
      I had no idea that there were a good number of Quattros in the Portland area....

Best of luck with the sale!
      If you have a 5 cylinder, you don't need a stereo.

What is a Homologation car you ask?
      http://www.fia.com/list-previously-homologated-cars

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 01-09-2012 04:44 PM #4
      Thanks Sepp- there are more than you think around here, it's just that most of them hibernate most of the time and there isn't a veyr cohesive "older Audi" community these days. A lot of us have had them for a while and it's kind of now or never in terms of taking them the rest of the way to being just right or moving on...Mine isn't that far from being just how I want it; it's just sad to see it almost there with no time or money to do the last little tidbits mentioned in the ad. If I don't sell I'm going to un-lower it, put a cat. on, fix the rich fueling, put all-season tires on the Fuchs and use it as a daily when the kids get their licenses and swarm my current daily.

Cars
      2001 Audi S4 SOLD 1994 URS4 1993 UrS4 (parts car)
      01-10-2012 03:10 PM #5
      WOW, what an amazing car!! I owned a 1991 90 20V quattro and loved it. It was a costly vehicle to own, but you that well and clear.

I am going to rob a bank and come take that car off your hands...a guy can dream.
      Great price $16K .
      Take care and if by march you still have your Audi , please get in touch with me. I live in Colorado Springs ,CO.

Joe

Cars
      01-10-2012 03:20 PM #6
      Sorry my number is 757-903-8675

email:[email protected]

9. 01-10-2012 06:38 PM #7
      hah OK - I'll try to remember to post here if it sells. Not too many people are running around with $16k to spend on a non-fiancable car right now...When I bought it I had to max out 2 credit cards then eat ramen for 3 years while I paid them off :-)

Thanks for the nice comments, I do love the car.

Cars
      01-11-2012 05:25 PM #8
      Jon,
      I would eat ramen for 10 years to be able to hear that turbo 5 spool up.

hmm..I'll look into the credit card idea...quick question, why does the car have 1982 suspension components?
      Joe

11. 01-11-2012 05:39 PM #9
      Interesting question - when I originally found the car it had Porsche "Big Red" brakes, 911 turbo "fan" wheels and some kind of custom-fabbed adjustable coilovers on it. It looked cool in a way and handled great but the seller wanted way more than I could scrape up, so we struck a deal where the price came down quite a bit and he would do a complete suspension and brake swap from a greay-market '82 he had. I ended up replacing all 4 calipers and discs with parts from an '88 5kcsq

12. 01-11-2012 05:58 PM #10
      Interesting question - when I originally found the car it had Porsche "Big Red" brakes, 911 turbo "fan" wheels and some kind of custom-fabbed adjustable coilovers on it. It also had a Tilton dual-master cyclinder manual brake settup which I ended up replacing with the vacuum system. It looked cool in a way and handled great but the seller wanted way more than I could scrape up, so we struck a deal where the price came down quite a bit and he would do a complete suspension and brake swap from a grey-market '82 he had. I ended up replacing all 4 calipers and discs with parts from an '88 5kcsq, I put Bilstein HDs and H&Rs all around and correct new strut bearings. I replaced the rear sway bar (which was only a feature on the early '83's) with an upsized one with fresh bushings just a few years ago, which adds some nice flatness to the handling. It feels really solid now but would do even better with all the front bushings replaced.

It's been an interesting journey - The seller was kind of an unprofessional egomaniac about it from the get-go which I would not have tolerated these days but I just had to have that car and he knew it so all is fair. No one twisted my arm :-)

Cars
      01-12-2012 04:12 PM #11
      wow, what a crazy story...he did sound a bit egomaniac. I guess it was all worth it in the end.

Kind of a Frankin-Audi, where was the 20V engine sourced from? Sorry about the questions, I understand you are a busy person and I really am not in any position to buy your Audi at the moment. I would completely understand if you don't have time for my inquires.

How far from Brookings, OR are you? My parents just bought a 2nd. house there as a rental property.

14. 01-12-2012 05:59 PM #12
      Yeah the seller was OK. Not a crook or anything, just a little enamored with himself and I fell into it then felt frustrated later that I wasn't more assetive about some things. It happens. I know I got on his nerves too. Lesson learned is both buyers and sellers should set the tone early on for levels of expected courtesy on a transaction and be ready to walk away if the other doesn't act courteously.

Happy to discuss with a POLITE enthusiast, and you never know, you might become a buyer, who knows. When I first started looking at it I didn't have the first idea how I would come up with the funds but it fell into place.

Yeah Franken-Audi is right. At least these days it's almost all Audi parts at least, and I'd like to think the look is much more in character. With big black Porsche wheels it did not do the legacy of the car justice, I still don't think 17's look right on these. If I keep it I think I will put the stock Euro-spec springs back on and go to the Fuchs 15x7.5 wheels to make it look even more original.

The engine is from a '91 200q20v, 220bhp stock and somewhere in the 325bhp neighborhood at the stage of tune on my car. Generally good for about 400 without internal bolstering, but it's fast enough for my taste as is.

Brookings is actually about 6.5 hours from here, way southern tip of the state. I've heard it's nice.

Cars
      01-17-2012 06:17 PM #13
      I love your enthusiasm and positive outlook about myself becoming the buyer.
      I will defiantly do all I can to think of a plan to secure the funds necessary to purchase your Audi.

I totally agree Jon, 15 inch stock sized wheels always look the most original to the heritage of the design. My favorite Audi wheels are the 9x15 Ronal sport quattro wheels, in white maybe. On a black car....not sure how that would look.

Cars
      Mk7 GTI & E30 vert
      01-24-2012 01:09 PM #14
      Very interested. Just put my modded mkv gti up for sale.