VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1985 urq w/20vt, RS2 goodies

6K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  urqJon 
#1 ·
Current photos:

http://tinyurl.com/20vturq

Selected video taken on private road:

http://www.youtube.com/user/20vturq#g/u

Graphite, 77k original miles, interior clean and doing pretty well except a little dried out and headliner sags a little- dash perfect,sloped eurolights (one crack on highbeam, includes city-light bulb holders I have not installed), e-code tail clusters, ~70k engine mile 3B conversion with RS2 airbox, RS2 EM and RS2 turbo, IA 2.5bar software, 3-in freeflow SS exhaust, 4.11 4kq gearset, which makes the car faster but also louder on the freeway. sparco upper strut bar, custom 944t IC with excellent shrouding and all silicone hoses, extra digital gages for oil pressure, boost, water temp, andial IC temp gage, Halmeter A/F in glove box, BIG 3-in Al radiator, clutch M/C brace, 4kq power steering, full Coupe CQ (all new parts) vacuum brake conversion (no bomb), G60 front brakes, S4 oil windage tray with custom splash plate, 82 suspension with big rear sway bar (takes corners FLAT), bilstein HDs, H&Rs, pristine re-finished urS4 16x8 Fuchs w/great cond. Ventus RS-2s. Purchase includes original 15x8 Ronals in decent condition with Yoko ES-100s,and a set of straight but scratched and brake dust -stained pearl-colored 15x7.5 Fuchs. Also included will be stock IC, metal distributor gear kit, a set of 2 NOS early ball joints, all the A/C parts (including 3B compressor)which have been removed but could be re-installed, and calipers and carriers for an Ate-97 "tt" front brake conversion. Also have extra spoiler and stock euro springs. New parts in last 10k miles: Starter, Complete clutch (including updated throwout fork, slave cyl), ZF-rebuilt rack, all coolant hoses except heater core, redline gear fluid, oil every 3k w/ mobil 1, new battery 3k ago and quick disconnect to prevent drain. Blaupunkt CD with Alpine amp in trunk. No fluid leaks, no weird noises, T/B and W/P done at 60k. Assorted grounding/relay upgrades to fix tail cluster function and starting issues. Several of these recently new parts are now NLA. Car smogs just fine in OR; occasionally gets dinged for sound but I have custom-made exhaust tip silencers which bolt in in 2 minutes to quiet it down if nec. OR tags good thru 9/12 Bad/weird stuff: Front seats are from from 4kq and look great but do not release, wiring near battery needs tidying to fit under back seat properly, fuel pump needs to be rewired to shut off when engine not running but ignition is on (safety issue), fuel tank vent needs a carbon canister fitted to prevent evap and odors, stereo needs to be re-wired because I used non-insulated audio cable to/from the amp (stupid). Also runs 944t fuel pump and "pinched" higher pressure FPR, 2 unnecessary mods which cause the micture to flop rich (stinky) at idle. Car was re-sprayed after a minor (clean title) accident and paint could use a good wet-sand in a few spots, although it is not deteriorating anywhere and looks great with a coat of wax. Some pitting on front bumper, a few surface scratches on the rear bumper from "parking kisses" and a touched-up gash on right rear fender where PO scraped it with a strut tower the day before I took delivery. Some minor "patina" on the 82 suspension, just needs to be sandblasted and powdercoated, also some rusty spots on hood underside. Could use an oil cooler upgrade for track days, and radiator shrouding re-fabbed to accomodate relocated PS pump and alternator. (although it cools fine without it for street driving even on hot days and I have some parts like the top piece). Bushings in 82 suspension are soft but not loose, makes wheel bearing "clunk" sound when reversing out of driveway. None of these affect reliability, just items on the to-do list to get things just right. Overall, looks/runs/sounds/drives amazing, just needs more time and $$ to be "absolutely perfect" than I have or will have any time soon (2 teens and a toddler and 2 hrs/day commuting) I have had for 11+ years and love the car, am interested in selling because I rarely drive it and I have my eye on a cherry 911sc a friend is selling. If I dont get enough to buy the 911 through liquidation of the urq, Im keeping it. Period. Lowballers and lecturers will be ignored. Price is based on the virtual impossibility of duplicating a 20vt-ed urq with this vintage, mileage and combination of parts, but possibly negotiable by removing extra parts listed here which I can sell separately. Please contact me if you are genuinely interested and have the means to purchase at the price I am asking. Phone #, answers, and additional pictures/video of anything can be shared for serious inquiries. Test drive requests will be considered carefully. THANK YOU FOR READING! email Jon direct at talisman05@gmail.com

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.