Fourtitude.com - The "you need a Miata" thread
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Fourtitude.com


    Page 51 of 221 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
    Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 5505
    1. Member DubNMiatafan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 13th, 2009
      Location
      The Mitten
      Posts
      3,283
      Cars
      1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata, 2007 Si
      04-01-2013 01:39 AM #1251
      Quote Originally Posted by Helltime View Post
      I have to sell my NA, makes me sad, but sore legs to the point of it being difficult to work isnt worth it, tried everything, foamectomy, spacing the front of the seat up and gas pedal/dead pedal mods, nothing worked, really sucks because that car is in such awesome shape and its a blast to drive.
      Have you tried floor mounted race seats? Pretty extreme but it's worth a shot.
      ♪ Let's just drive, I wanna see what the wind does to your hair ♪

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. Member Pineapplegti !'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 17th, 2008
      Location
      Las Vegas NV
      Posts
      8,892
      Cars
      2015 f150 2.7eco scsb.2014 brown/brown TDI t-reg .Berg Mk1.Turbo rail
      04-01-2013 12:07 PM #1252
      Quote Originally Posted by Helltime View Post
      I have to sell my NA, makes me sad, but sore legs to the point of it being difficult to work isnt worth it, tried everything, foamectomy, spacing the front of the seat up and gas pedal/dead pedal mods, nothing worked, really sucks because that car is in such awesome shape and its a blast to drive.
      How tall are you.. I am pretty sure I am one of the largest humans in a miata. Have you removed the arm rest and switched to a smaller wheel ?
      autocrats...

    4. Member Helltime's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 3rd, 2009
      Location
      Iowa
      Posts
      432
      Cars
      `16 Jetta Sport 1.8T
      04-01-2013 12:42 PM #1253
      Quote Originally Posted by DubNMiatafan View Post
      Have you tried floor mounted race seats? Pretty extreme but it's worth a shot.
      Not the issue
      Quote Originally Posted by Pineapplegti ! View Post
      How tall are you.. I am pretty sure I am one of the largest humans in a miata. Have you removed the arm rest and switched to a smaller wheel ?
      6'1. the issue isn't the lack of room, with the gas pedal and dead pedal delete I have plenty of room, the issue is the seat is too close to the floor which messes with the angle of my legs and ankle and causes sore muscles, I had a similar issue in a Z4 my dad had until I started playing with the seat and was able to adjust it up high enough that the issue went away.
      16 Jetta Sport 1.8T 5spd
      17 F150 2.7 ecoboost 4wd RCSB - Tuned by BCB
      88 Corvette 13.8 @ 101mph

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 28th, 2013
      Location
      DTPDX
      Posts
      525
      Cars
      The Max.
      04-01-2013 01:31 PM #1254
      Quote Originally Posted by Pineapplegti ! View Post
      I am pretty sure I am one of the largest humans in a miata.
      Confirmed.

      I'm picking up an NA this week for free man haha!

      Oh, it's Dag. Forgot my SN email/pass, again.

    6. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 28th, 2013
      Location
      DTPDX
      Posts
      525
      Cars
      The Max.
      04-01-2013 02:00 PM #1255
      Curious what front lip this is 'gents. Also, does anyone have the wheel/offset/tire specs? Looking for ballparks to start my wheel hunt.


    7. 04-01-2013 02:06 PM #1256
      Quote Originally Posted by Masquerade View Post
      Curious what front lip this is 'gents. Also, does anyone have the wheel/offset/tire specs? Looking for ballparks to start my wheel hunt.

      I think that is the R package lip.

    8. Member redshift's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 22nd, 2002
      Location
      Not where I want to be
      Posts
      11,935
      Cars
      2017 330e, 2014 i3, and a big dumb ol' truck
      04-01-2013 02:11 PM #1257
      Quote Originally Posted by Helltime View Post
      Not the issue


      6'1. the issue isn't the lack of room, with the gas pedal and dead pedal delete I have plenty of room, the issue is the seat is too close to the floor which messes with the angle of my legs and ankle and causes sore muscles, I had a similar issue in a Z4 my dad had until I started playing with the seat and was able to adjust it up high enough that the issue went away.
      Have you sat in an NC? Only reason I ask is because I actually feel like the seat in my 2008 is too high. They added height-adjustment to the seat bottom in 2008 and in order to accommodate the extra bits, the lowest adjustment of the seat is higher than the 2007 seats were. When I sit in my wife's '07 or our '96 track car, I feel like I'm sitting down in a bucket, although it's nice not getting smacked in the forehead with all the wind.
      1000101010101 001011001 2

    9. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 28th, 2013
      Location
      DTPDX
      Posts
      525
      Cars
      The Max.
      04-01-2013 02:29 PM #1258
      Quote Originally Posted by Vash350z View Post
      I think that is the R package lip.
      Appears to be correct after some searching, thank you sir!

    10. Member DubNMiatafan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 13th, 2009
      Location
      The Mitten
      Posts
      3,283
      Cars
      1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata, 2007 Si
      04-01-2013 02:41 PM #1259
      Wheel/offset/tire specs: wrong

      That's all you need to know





      ♪ Let's just drive, I wanna see what the wind does to your hair ♪

    11. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 28th, 2013
      Location
      DTPDX
      Posts
      525
      Cars
      The Max.
      04-01-2013 02:52 PM #1260
      Quote Originally Posted by DubNMiatafan View Post
      Wheel/offset/tire specs: wrong
      As is your opinion.

      Much good going on in this picture...

    12. Member DubNMiatafan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 13th, 2009
      Location
      The Mitten
      Posts
      3,283
      Cars
      1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata, 2007 Si
      04-01-2013 02:54 PM #1261
      No, not just my opinion. The FACTS of the car manufacturer, tire manufacturer, and wheel manufacturer.

      ♪ Let's just drive, I wanna see what the wind does to your hair ♪

    13. Member Chris_V's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 18th, 2009
      Location
      Pikesville, MD
      Posts
      17,650
      Cars
      '13 Volt, '05 330ci ZHP, '02 Suburban 2500LT
      04-01-2013 03:01 PM #1262
      As was said, there's more than one way to build a car, and your way is only one way. It's only wrong if they come over and modify YOUR car in a way YOU don't want. Other than that, it's merely different, and the sooner you get that concept, the easier your life will be.
      "Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection"

    14. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 28th, 2013
      Location
      DTPDX
      Posts
      525
      Cars
      The Max.
      04-01-2013 03:07 PM #1263
      Quote Originally Posted by DubNMiatafan View Post
      No, not just my opinion. The FACTS of the car manufacturer, tire manufacturer, and wheel manufacturer.

      Oh hell, I should have known better than to banter back and forth with a complete dullard like yourself.

      On to the next one.

    15. Member DubNMiatafan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 13th, 2009
      Location
      The Mitten
      Posts
      3,283
      Cars
      1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata, 2007 Si
      04-01-2013 03:10 PM #1264
      I come back to my chair analogy. Why chop the legs off the chair and angle them to make it unstable? Defeats the purpose of it being a chair.

      ♪ Let's just drive, I wanna see what the wind does to your hair ♪

    16. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 28th, 2013
      Location
      DTPDX
      Posts
      525
      Cars
      The Max.
      04-01-2013 03:21 PM #1265
      Quote Originally Posted by DubNMiatafan View Post
      I come back to my chair analogy. Why chop the legs off the chair and angle them to make it unstable? Defeats the purpose of it being a chair.
      I can say with full confidence, that your analogy is the dumbest ****ing **** I've ever heard in my entire life.

      You have proved your point that you're a complete ****ing lame-ass with no imagination, light-heartedness, or ability to grasp the fact that you are not the last-word in how to modify (or in your case do absolutely nothing,) to a car.

      Now post some more pictures and shut the **** up champ. We really are sick and tired of hearing you speak. As I'm sure you're all tired of hearing me drone on as well.

      2cents deposited. Keep it.
      Last edited by Masquerade; 04-01-2013 at 03:24 PM.


    17. Member mellbergVWfan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 31st, 2008
      Location
      Bay Area, CA
      Posts
      10,139
      Cars
      81 Scirocco S, 99 Cobra, Mk7 GTI
      04-01-2013 03:26 PM #1267
      Quote Originally Posted by DubNMiatafan View Post
      I come back to my chair analogy. Why chop the legs off the chair and angle them to make it unstable? Defeats the purpose of it being a chair.
      Yeah but then it looks like a freaking sweet chair.
      Demokratikally Elekted Director of Espionage and Identity Theft and Minister of post-progressive-technical-melodic-avant-garde-metal for the Independent People's Republik of Offtopikstan
      My 16v Swap thread
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post
      Oh mellberg is cool, but his car certainly isn't helping that happen.

    18. Member DubNMiatafan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 13th, 2009
      Location
      The Mitten
      Posts
      3,283
      Cars
      1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata, 2007 Si
      04-01-2013 03:27 PM #1268
      Quote Originally Posted by Masquerade View Post
      I can say with full confidence, that your analogy is the dumbest ****ing **** I've ever heard in my entire life.

      You have proved your point that you're a complete ****ing lame-ass with no imagination, light-heartedness, or ability to grasp the fact that you are not the last-word in how to modify (or in your case do absolutely nothing,) to a car.

      Now post some more pictures and shut the **** up champ. We really are sick and tired of hearing you speak. As I'm sure you're all tired of hearing me drone on as well.

      2cents deposited. Keep it.
      Give me one reason how "stancing" your Miata makes it a better car to drive. Just one. One reason that makes it a better driving car.


      You can't. I rest my case.

      And FYI, I have been posting pictures kid. Are you blind as well?


      Last edited by DubNMiatafan; 04-01-2013 at 03:51 PM.
      ♪ Let's just drive, I wanna see what the wind does to your hair ♪

    19. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 28th, 2013
      Location
      DTPDX
      Posts
      525
      Cars
      The Max.
      04-01-2013 03:27 PM #1269
      Quote Originally Posted by mellbergVWfan View Post
      Yeah but then it looks like a freaking sweet chair.
      Wether you're serious or not, that was ****ing hilarious.

      Not much into the colors, but it's a good build all around.:

    20. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 28th, 2013
      Location
      DTPDX
      Posts
      525
      Cars
      The Max.
      04-01-2013 03:28 PM #1270
      Same car as above, V2 however:


    21. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 24th, 2001
      Location
      Beaverton, OR
      Posts
      7,566
      Cars
      1991 BRG Miata, 2008 Mercedes GL320 CDI
      04-01-2013 03:49 PM #1271
      Quote Originally Posted by Masquerade View Post
      Same car as above, V2 however:
      Both look great. I'm a sucker for green cars.
      Losing is just a winning streak in the wrong direction -DD

      Watch a headhunter find his own job - 9 month process

    22. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 24th, 2001
      Location
      Beaverton, OR
      Posts
      7,566
      Cars
      1991 BRG Miata, 2008 Mercedes GL320 CDI
      04-01-2013 03:52 PM #1272
      Quote Originally Posted by DubNMiatafan View Post
      Give me one reason how "stancing" your Miata makes it a better car to drive. Just one. One reason that makes it a better driving car.
      This isn't the thread for being the idiot that argues what you can and can't do with your car. We get your position, it has no bearing in this thread. I suggest you wander over to Miata.net where there's probably a discussion about which gasoline grade to use or which 15: wheels ruin the car the least.
      Losing is just a winning streak in the wrong direction -DD

      Watch a headhunter find his own job - 9 month process

    23. Member Smigelski's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 9th, 2008
      Location
      Annapolis, MD
      Posts
      8,065
      Cars
      Golf 7 R, Ford Ranger, ND Miata
      04-01-2013 03:52 PM #1273
      Quote Originally Posted by DubNMiatafan View Post
      Give me one reason how "stancing" your Miata makes it a better car to drive. Just one. One reason that makes it a better driving car.
      Cars aren't only able to be experienced from the driver's seat. Cars can also be experienced from the outside. So for some style does matter. And style differs from person to person.

      Unless, of course, you think that cars should only come in a single color. After all, how does having multiple colors from the factory help performance?

      I love performance-oriented Miatas as much as you do, but I'm not going to tell someone he was wrong if he wants to compromise the handling to achieve a specific look.




    24. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 28th, 2013
      Location
      DTPDX
      Posts
      525
      Cars
      The Max.
      04-01-2013 03:53 PM #1274
      Quote Originally Posted by DubNMiatafan View Post
      Give me one reason how "stancing" your Miata makes it a better car to drive. Just one. One reason that makes it a better driving car.

      And FYI, I have been posting pictures kid. Are you blind as well?
      When the **** did I say I wanted a car that's good to drive? I want a car that makes me feel good, while driving. And those boring ass track-stars you posted, don't do it for me. And I really don't need to see any reason to continue this conversation about how we like our own cars.

      However your ability to read and understand what was written clearly needs to be addressed...

      I said "...now post more pictures..." More, as in I've recognized that you've posted pictures, so continue.

      Reading comprehension sport, ask about it.

      On with the show!


    25. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 28th, 2013
      Location
      DTPDX
      Posts
      525
      Cars
      The Max.
      04-01-2013 04:21 PM #1275
      I can dig it.


    Page 51 of 221 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •