Page 227 of 227 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227
    Results 5,651 to 5,659 of 5659
    1. Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Cars
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      08-22-2019 12:12 PM #5651
      Quote Originally Posted by Brandontrek1 View Post
      I will only consider #1500 or below....
      That would've been a great opportunity to remove the pics from the quote.

... and ask about the glob of glue under the badge in the close-up.
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      Several.
      08-22-2019 01:21 PM #5652
      Quote Originally Posted by Air and water do mix View Post
      That would've been a great opportunity to remove the pics from the quote.

... and ask about the glob of glue under the badge in the close-up.
      Should just be water, rained this morning.

Cars
      #81 SM 1.6
      08-22-2019 01:21 PM #5653
      Quote Originally Posted by Claff View Post
      Yeah, well, there's an absolute zero chance that I'll ever go that route for a bazillion reasons. Nothing to watch out for.
      thats what they all say ....

see you in 2 week BTW
      Quote Originally Posted by VigorousZX View Post
      In their unquenchable thirst for world domination, the aristocrats tax peoples time so as to keep its cattle viewed populations forever in servitude. They have gone as far as brainwashing and banning the western world that marrying your first cousin is forbidden and results in retardation... and thus have disturbed human evolutionary densities because broken families are easier to control and will better fall into debt slavery.

Cars
      2018 Tesla P3D, 2012 S60, 1991 Miata, 2007 RX-8 LFX, 1965 Cutlass
      08-22-2019 03:37 PM #5654
      Quote Originally Posted by Claff View Post
      Made it through my third Track Night in America without incident in my '90. I moved up to Intermediate this time and discovered the problem with having people self-select their run group: there are people in Intermediate who don't belong there. Early in the first session I ran across an oldish Mustang GT500 who was absolutely not letting anyone pass. I was sixth in line and figured it would be easier to pit and ask for space than wait my turn, assuming there was ever going to be a turn. By the time I got to the pits, the Mustang had already been black-flagged and there were no other problems after that as he was busted down to Novice.

And then lots more words...
      It's experiences like this that make me rethink a decision to sell the Miata every time it comes up. Albeit mine is far from stock but, the fun you have keeping up with or passing cars worth many times more than yours and then getting the "You're Fast!" response is so damn pleasing. It most likely won't happen as much in my RX-8.

As for your comment regarding the GT500, that's what scares me away from TNIA. It's a fantastic concept but, there isn't enough governance in it for me. I'm typically in the intermediate groups at my local track. I have no problem spotting flag stations, no problem NOT following the car in front me, and I've had my fair share of hairy incidents. I'm comfortable in that class. What I've heard from attendees at TNIA is there are many beginners that don't think they belong in that group or they don't want to deal with noobs. Then the advanced group can be kind of nutty at these events too so, people knock themselves down a notch so they don't have to deal with the egos. So now you have a group of "I ain't no noob!" and "I'm fast, I just don't want to deal with those jerks" and then me. It just doesn't sound controlled enough for my liking.
      Full force wallet weight reduction, my Miata build:
      https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...build-journal)

Cars
      Several.
      08-23-2019 09:55 AM #5655
      That was a water drop on the bottom of the badge, FYI.

Proper photos:

7. Member
      Cars
      2015 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.4 AWD, 2018 Mazda Miata Club
      09-11-2019 12:49 PM #5656
      One year anniversary on my 2018 Club.

Car's running great, no issues to report.

It's been a pleasure owning and driving this car. People compliment me all the time. Very rare car.

Miata drivers of all generations wave/wave back at me when I pass them on the road

2900 miles.

I hope I never have to give up having a convertible. It's like therapy for me If I'm feeling down, I hop in the Miata and take a ride. All's good.

8. Member
      09-11-2019 02:10 PM #5657
      Quote Originally Posted by 88c900t View Post
      Just sold my NA to a young kid, who dailied a 71 MG Midget and a 73-79 Sub. Much cooler than the ear-stretch kid who complained at me when the RX7's compressor locked up and threw a couple belts off. Sold for 3100 (after I reduced the non-hardtop price from 3600), and If I stipulate that the hardtop with it's rare defroster and the dry rotted ice tires are worth 1200 together, I broke even. Not to bad considering I owned it for over 3 years, and only put in an exhaust and a battery.

Anyone want a factory (not aftermarket) montego blue hardtop with defrost?

I'd generally shift at 6K in my NA, my MSM has an unfortunately low 6500 RPM redline, and with how late the turbo spools up I only have 1800 RPM to play with. I'm sure there are ways to get boost to come on earlier and that'll make it much more enjoyable. I'd even be open to a turbo swap to bring the power up, since I'd be shocked to be above 150 WHP.

Ironically, in town and below 30 MPH, the NA was actually more fun. The gear spacing was just perfect, but it did run out of steam in a hurry.

Around here an oem hardtop with defrost in reasonable condition sells for $1k within a couple of days typically.

Cars
      Several.
      09-11-2019 02:53 PM #5658
      I'm moving on for real this time - car doesn't get driven, and I've definitely shifted interests away from cars and more towards cycling/traveling.

First dibs goes to a friend of mine, if he decides to pass, I'll let everyone know. I know several people on here and in other places had expressed interest the last time I waffled on keeping the Meata.

10. Member
      Cars
      1991 BRG Miata, 2008 Mercedes GL320 CDI
      09-11-2019 03:15 PM #5659
      Very excited to see how these Flyings Miata frame rails feel. Also a little scared now that I've removed the carpet and dash. I'm sure the engine conversion is moving along. It has to be. Meanwhile parts from the engine and interior are piling up.

I'm definitely thinking about doing the butterfly brace after the engine and trans are in, but won't know if there will be enough clearance with the Nissan 6MT
      Losing is just a winning streak in the wrong direction -DD

Watch a headhunter find his own job - 9 month process

Cars
      Several.
      09-11-2019 04:26 PM #5660
      Nissan 6MT?

Did I miss something?

Page 227 of 227 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227