Fourtitude.com - The Official Wagon (Avant, Touring, Estate, Variant, Grocery Shopper) thread
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 83 of 86 FirstFirst ... 33737980818283848586 LastLast
    Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 2149
    1. Member
      Cars
      2013 VW CC 3.6 4mo
      08-14-2019 09:34 AM #2051
      Quote Originally Posted by n0rdicalex. View Post
      thought they all came with the pano roof?

I would also prefer one without to avoid future problems, but depends on what she wants/likes.
      SE and SEL Alltracks come with the pano roof, so avoiding a roof puts you into the S model.

Even weirder for 2019, the SE can get what I'm seeing called the Appearance Package which gives the SEL's 18" wheels and lighting, so until you get a glimpse of the seats, other than the badge, they're indistinguishable. VW knows the pedantry of its enthusiasts that will spend top dollar just to get the damn sport seats.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      Corrado, ZHP, Alltrack, E39, 996
      08-14-2019 09:54 AM #2052
      any Golf Alltrack owners?
      Quote Originally Posted by dholter09 View Post
      2018 alltrack s here.
      Just roadtripped from Minneapolis to Chicago and on board computer said I averaged around 37 mpg. I will hand calculate that when I fill up later. I have a 70 mile work commute every day and I have been pretty impressed with that fuel economy too. Im getting about 460-480 miles per tank. I love the car, but as others have said, sunroofs are hit or miss with leaks.
      Quote Originally Posted by Barrett56 View Post
      I have a 2018 AllTrack SEL (w/ a pano-roof that hasn't leaked, btw). Can't say that I've been super-impressed with the mpg on ours, but love it otherwise. I mostly drive it in the city, but on a recent trip to Chicago from Saint Louis, it hovered around 27 on the mfd. That was at around 75 mph, as much as possible. Might be much better at a slightly lower speed.
      I had a 2018 S and now have a 2019 SEL. Both were/are manual transmission cars. My 2018 and 2019 both return similar mileage. We drove to Canada last year (4500 miles round trip) and easily exceeded 30 MPG for the duration of the trip.

On a 12 hour drive to Colorado last week (averaging probably 75 MPH with significant stretches to 90-95 MPH in Nebraska) we returned a hand-calculated 30-32 MPG. When I'm being more tame I can get closer to 34. I purchased my 2018 S because I was scared of pano leaks. When that was totaled and VW announced the 2019 SEL with a manual I jumped on it despite the pano roof (which I now love).

We really like the car but I'm a bit disappointed that you must jump to the SEL to grab all the fun stuff that I wanted (lighting package, seats, and stereo). It would be nice to have these options available a-la-carte but that's not how the world works.

Cars
      S4, R32
      08-14-2019 10:07 AM #2053
      Quote Originally Posted by Alpinweiss2 View Post
      I think SE and SEL models have the panoramic roof. The S model Alltracks normally came with a solid roof (no sunroof).
      good to know, thanks!
      welcome to the layer cake

5. Member
      Cars
      2013 VW CC 3.6 4mo
      08-14-2019 10:56 AM #2054
      Quote Originally Posted by EnIgMa '06 View Post
      I had a 2018 S and now have a 2019 SEL. Both were/are manual transmission cars. My 2018 and 2019 both return similar mileage. We drove to Canada last year (4500 miles round trip) and easily exceeded 30 MPG for the duration of the trip.

On a 12 hour drive to Colorado last week (averaging probably 75 MPH with significant stretches to 90-95 MPH in Nebraska) we returned a hand-calculated 30-32 MPG. When I'm being more tame I can get closer to 34. I purchased my 2018 S because I was scared of pano leaks. When that was totaled and VW announced the 2019 SEL with a manual I jumped on it despite the pano roof (which I now love).

We really like the car but I'm a bit disappointed that you must jump to the SEL to grab all the fun stuff that I wanted (lighting package, seats, and stereo). It would be nice to have these options available a-la-carte but that's not how the world works.
      I'm just worried that I'll be underwhelmed with city fuel economy. I currently average 16mpg with 90% city driving. EPA rated 20mpg wouldn't be a massive increase for half the power I'm used to having. What's real-world city MPG looking like for you?

I'm really on the lookout for a Night Blue Metallic with the Marrakesh Brown interior SEL 6MT, and right now there's only one on the market, but it's all the way out in Utah.
      Last edited by oidoglr; 08-14-2019 at 11:02 AM.

Cars
      08-14-2019 01:28 PM #2055
      Quote Originally Posted by oidoglr View Post
      I'm just worried that I'll be underwhelmed with city fuel economy. I currently average 16mpg with 90% city driving. EPA rated 20mpg wouldn't be a massive increase for half the power I'm used to having. What's real-world city MPG looking like for you?

I'm really on the lookout for a Night Blue Metallic with the Marrakesh Brown interior SEL 6MT, and right now there's only one on the market, but it's all the way out in Utah.
      I'm sorry, unfortunately I don't really have good data for that. I only keep track of mileage on roadtrips and rarely do any city driving.

Good choice on the colors Both of my Alltracks are Night Blue on Marrakesh. I special-ordered my SEL in that combination. I was looking for a Great Falls Green car the first time around but the Night Blue really grew on me.

Cars
      S4, R32
      08-14-2019 02:02 PM #2056

buy a plane ticket (plenty of direct from MSP to SLC) and drive it back - it's only 1300 miles.

8. 08-14-2019 03:22 PM #2057
      buy a plane ticket (plenty of direct from MSP to SLC) and drive it back - it's only 1300 miles.
      Completely agree with this. Plus, MSP to SLC is a cheap flight.

08-14-2019 05:00 PM #2058
      I'm sorry, unfortunately I don't really have good data for that. I only keep track of mileage on roadtrips and rarely do any city driving.

Good choice on the colors Both of my Alltracks are Night Blue on Marrakesh. I special-ordered my SEL in that combination. I was looking for a Great Falls Green car the first time around but the Night Blue really grew on me.
      Yum. Pic please? That was my choice until I decided to keep the TDI and take the cash and warranty (and the torque and mpg).

Cars
      08-14-2019 05:10 PM #2059
      Quote Originally Posted by toneman View Post
      Yum. Pic please? That was my choice until I decided to keep the TDI and take the cash and warranty (and the torque and mpg).
      Look carefully and consider that you now want one.

Please excuse my deck that was painted rather than stained (???) and my poor photography.

08-14-2019 05:37 PM #2060
      She's a beaut
      If we still lived in Linden Hills, MN, we would definitely have one.

Cars
      15 GSW, 19 Tiguan SE, 03 20th, 88 Cabby, 64 Yamaha, 87 Jetta 2DR
      08-14-2019 06:15 PM #2061
      Quote Originally Posted by dan of montana View Post
      And you could document your experience and be included in the "Road Trip" thread.

13. Member
      Cars
      2013 VW CC 3.6 4mo
      08-15-2019 09:45 AM #2062
      Erryone calm down. It's at $32k still - they haven't even posted pics on the dealer site yet. Would have to go under $30 before any serious consideration to go that far out of my way to get a car.

Cars
      08-15-2019 12:37 PM #2063
      Erryone calm down. It's at $32k still - they haven't even posted pics on the dealer site yet. Would have to go under $30 before any serious consideration to go that far out of my way to get a car.
      I doubt getting to your price point would be very difficult.

Cars
      FJ Audi A5
      08-15-2019 01:43 PM #2064
      any Golf Alltrack owners?

girlfriend has a 2013 Outback nearing 100k miles and she's mentioned the Alltrack as a potential replacement. CPO Alltrack's seem like nice price, but would want to make sure she gets the lighting package. any folks here have the Alltrack that can speak about fuel economy and general ownership? she commutes ~110 miles a day and we have a 4-5 month old labrador for reference.

for what it's worth, I've always had VAG products so I'm familiar with their service and maintenance requirements. I'm less confident in an Outback with CVT transmission >100k reliability, but that's basically due to lack of experience.
      My son as '17 Alltrack SEL with the lighting package. I pushed him to SEL because the seats are better, along with a few other things, and you could only get the LP on the SEL in '17.

He's had no issues with the panoramic roof in snow, rain, and car washes. If you're worried just pre-emptively remove the spider traps.

So far we've had no issues other than a bubbled tire (covered under the wheel and tire coverage), nail in a tire, and a busted wiper arm (self inflicted).

He gets around 30mpg, but also drives like a maniac.

Also, I had him drive an Outback and we both hated it. Noisy and slow. And the CVT sucked. Sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrett56 View Post
      I have a 2018 AllTrack SEL (w/ a pano-roof that hasn't leaked, btw). Can't say that I've been super-impressed with the mpg on ours, but love it otherwise. I mostly drive it in the city, but on a recent trip to Chicago from Saint Louis, it hovered around 27 on the mfd. That was at around 75 mph, as much as possible. Might be much better at a slightly lower speed.
      This MPG reflects my son's experience for the most part. And here's more evidence that not all of the roofs leak.
      2019 Audi A5 - back to the brand after 28 years
      2017 Golf Alltrack SEL+Tech - Son #1. In a galaxy far, far away
      2014 Dodge Durango Limited AWD - Wife's
      2004 Acura TSX - Son #2. The sax-mobile
      1967 Chevrolet Corvette - I promise to get this car back on the road in 2018....

16. Member
      Cars
      2013 VW CC 3.6 4mo
      08-15-2019 03:18 PM #2065
      Quote Originally Posted by UncleJB View Post
      I doubt getting to your price point would be very difficult.
      I've had to separate ways on negotiations from a number of dealers who insist that they can command a premium for the few manual SELs they stock.

17. 08-15-2019 04:21 PM #2066
      Just checking back to see if oidoglr has booked a flight yet.

18. Member
      Cars
      2013 VW CC 3.6 4mo
      08-15-2019 04:48 PM #2067
      Just checking back to see if oidoglr has booked a flight yet.
      LOL. no. not yet. Still hoping that one within a day's return drive shows up. I'd settle for Silk Blue Metallic or that snazzy green too.

Cars
      E350 Wagon, Arteon
      08-15-2019 05:16 PM #2068
      Look carefully and consider that you now want one.

Please excuse my deck that was painted rather than stained (???) and my poor photography.
      I really love the brown leatherette with the manual. Not a common combo. Is it weird driving a discontinued car?

Cars
      2014 JSW TDi Wolfsburg
      08-15-2019 05:38 PM #2069

as a current JSW owner, I'm super jealous. What a beautiful car.

Cars
      08-15-2019 05:53 PM #2070
      Quote Originally Posted by ice4life View Post
      I really love the brown leatherette with the manual. Not a common combo. Is it weird driving a discontinued car?
      The Marrakesh interior makes the car. If not for this I probably would have purchased a GSW 4-Motion. After my first Alltrack was totaled (IN THE FIRST SNOWFALL) by another driver last fall I immediately knew I would buy another one if I could get green or blue on brown again.

It's not weird driving the car because there are tons of MK7s and MK7.5s on the road. It makes my wife and I feel like we have superior taste when driving through a sea of beige SUVs though We're planning on keeping it forever, if possible.

Cars
      08-15-2019 05:59 PM #2071
      LOL. no. not yet. Still hoping that one within a day's return drive shows up. I'd settle for Silk Blue Metallic or that snazzy green too.
      Great Falls Green looks awesome on the Alltrack - better than on the GTI with the red accents IMO. Not sure if they offered that with the Marrakesh interior or not.

Cars
      S4, R32
      08-15-2019 07:08 PM #2072
      we flew from Indianapolis to Connecticut on a Friday and drove my S4 home on a Saturday.

also whoring my wagon that's got a nice coat of dust and bugs from the garage light.

Cars
      FJ Audi A5
      08-16-2019 01:27 PM #2073
      we flew from Indianapolis to Connecticut on a Friday and drove my S4 home on a Saturday.

also whoring my wagon that's got a nice coat of dust and bugs from the garage light.

Is it just the shadows, or is your neighbors house in desperate need of power washing?
      1967 Chevrolet Corvette - I promise to get this car back on the road in 2018....

Cars
      S4, R32
      08-16-2019 02:30 PM #2074
      Quote Originally Posted by davewg View Post
      Is it just the shadows, or is your neighbors house in desperate need of power washing?
      little bit of both, but desperately needs a power wash. he asked to borrow mine, which I said he could any time, but never asked again. then this spring he basically said "you said I could borrow it but you never gave it to me." in that case, I'll do the pressure washing for a nominal fee. also, he usually doesn't mow his lawn until the grass is knee-high and he wonders why it takes him 3 hours and his mower barely runs. having a Ph.D doesn't mean common sense.

Cars
      FJ Audi A5
      08-16-2019 03:42 PM #2075
      little bit of both, but desperately needs a power wash. he asked to borrow mine, which I said he could any time, but never asked again. then this spring he basically said "you said I could borrow it but you never gave it to me." in that case, I'll do the pressure washing for a nominal fee. also, he usually doesn't mow his lawn until the grass is knee-high and he wonders why it takes him 3 hours and his mower barely runs. having a Ph.D doesn't mean common sense.
      The bit about the grass sounds like my neighbor across the street.

Page 83 of 86 FirstFirst ... 33737980818283848586 LastLast