Fourtitude.com - The Official Singles Thread
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 862 of 866 FirstFirst ... 362762812852858859860861862863864865866 LastLast
    Results 21,526 to 21,550 of 21626
      Cars
      #81 SM 1.6
      04-10-2017 02:46 PM #21526
      Quote Originally Posted by anonymous911 View Post
      Been single for 2 years now, and had no luck with girls because they are not very open minded to the idea of dating a deaf guy. Yes, I am deaf with cochlear implant and I can talk pretty good and read lips good as well. Are the girls afraid of dating a guy like myself? It's pretty frustrating, tho.
      are you open about it? i'd be just open about it, not try to hide it, and see what they say.

my bet is that with a good dating profile, and if you are fun and interesting guy (don't know you sorry) i bet there will be some women who wouldn't see it as a problem.
      Quote Originally Posted by ice4life View Post
      Sounds great. Maybe I'm just a fascist and didn't know it.. I don't know if I even care anymore.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      2016 Mazda CX5 Touring AWD, 2002 Chrysler Town and Lumber
      04-10-2017 02:51 PM #21527
      ^^ I doubt it, you might be looking in the wrong places. Do activities you enjoy that are group based, something where you can meet people. Friends of friends? Unfortunately you can't just phone it in with dating gotta take some chances surround yourself with good people. If something is not working do something else. Mitigate your insecurities if you can, if your struggling with something, someone else might be struggling with another issue and they are insecure about it.

Take a chance you never know what might happen.

4. 04-10-2017 03:39 PM #21528
      Quote Originally Posted by XClayX View Post
      Skyzone is fun, its a workout and a half. Jello legs once your done. Plus three ladies and trampolines what are you waiting for?

I haven't met the two other girls, so I don't even know how they look. it should be fun though
      Quote Originally Posted by l88m22vette View Post
      Modded = beat to ****
      Stock = driven by 87 year old grandmother
      Miss Daisy might not do all her own work and rub her car with a diaper, but she also wasn't a flatbrim bro who hoped boosted VTAK would make women jump into the car naked at 50mph.

Cars
      '19 PW Jetta SEL
      04-11-2017 01:58 PM #21529
      Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
      are you open about it? i'd be just open about it, not try to hide it, and see what they say.

my bet is that with a good dating profile, and if you are fun and interesting guy (don't know you sorry) i bet there will be some women who wouldn't see it as a problem.

Yea, I have always been open about who am I. When I told them that I am hearing impaired, the whole vibe has changed to less words and etc.

Cars
      03 SVT Focus
      04-11-2017 05:13 PM #21530
      Quote Originally Posted by anonymous911 View Post
      Yea, I have always been open about who am I. When I told them that I am hearing impaired, the whole vibe has changed to less words and etc.
      Don't sweat it. Be yourself and put yourself out there. Don't worry about rejection as dating takes some time and effort. There are still some really good folks out there, you gotta weed out some trash but that's like anything worth while in life. Try online dating since you can put it right out in writing that you are hearing impaired, that in itself will weed out a lot of flakes.

Are you urban or rural? The reason why I ask is due to the potential of meeting up with a club that may cater to hearing impaired people. Someone who may be hearing impaired might be easier to see where you are coming from. Just a thought.......

Regardless, get yourself out there and good luck!

Cars
      '11 GTI, 2018 Passat SE
      04-11-2017 08:55 PM #21531
      Quote Originally Posted by Perceptive Bunny View Post
      Plus, rumour around these boards is that I like gay dick.
      Why do you care what a bunch of strangers think about you. BTW, I like straight dick, so c'mon over.
      It go down in the DM

8. 04-16-2017 01:16 PM #21532
      So yesterday I went out with the same girl that I have been dating for the past 4 or 5 weeks now to the local restaurant. There was some couple sitting together at another table and apparently she went with that guy together to high school and even elementary. This morning when I called her before she had to leave for work she said that he sent her friend request on facebook. At first I thought that why would he sent her friend request if he was with someone in the restaurant. I also asked her yesterday if they were dating in the past and she said that she just know him from school and nothing ever happened between two of them. Am I overreacting about this guy? She didn't really have to tell me this, but at lest she's honest

dating drama

Sent from Android
      Modded = beat to ****
      Miss Daisy might not do all her own work and rub her car with a diaper, but she also wasn't a flatbrim bro who hoped boosted VTAK would make women jump into the car naked at 50mph.

Cars
      03 SVT Focus
      04-16-2017 01:51 PM #21533
      I'd say over reacting a little bit, but not too much. Slow it down a bit and let her put some effort into it now. See what sort of response/effort you get from her when you ease off. You'll know in a week or so how interested she is in you.

The less interest you show initially will make her want you more. Are you dating anyone else, or are you two exclusive?

10. 04-16-2017 02:45 PM #21534
      Quote Originally Posted by welderdood View Post
      I'd say over reacting a little bit, but not too much. Slow it down a bit and let her put some effort into it now. See what sort of response/effort you get from her when you ease off. You'll know in a week or so how interested she is in you.

The less interest you show initially will make her want you more. Are you dating anyone else, or are you two exclusive?
      I don't have that much money to go out with multiple girls. We usually go out at least twice on each week and sometimes even more than that. Very frequently she's the one telling me that she wants to see me when I'm available. We might see each later today, she wanted to go see the new Fast and Furious movie or play tennis since it's so nice outside. :shrug:
      Modded = beat to ****

Cars
      a van
      04-18-2017 09:55 AM #21535
      Quote Originally Posted by FuelInMyVeins View Post
      I don't have that much money to go out with multiple girls. We usually go out at least twice on each week and sometimes even more than that. Very frequently she's the one telling me that she wants to see me when I'm available. We might see each later today, she wanted to go see the new Fast and Furious movie or play tennis since it's so nice outside. :shrug:
      Play tennis. For sure. Lunges.

That is all.

Cars
      MK2's/MK3's. 97 GTI RIP. Current: 2013 Jetta se, 1990 GLI 16v project
      04-19-2017 08:42 AM #21536
      Apparently I've missed quite a lot in the last month and a half. Not much to say, met a girl at my job, she works for a massage therapy center. Thing that sucked was after we started to texting but she after like 5 she would stop then nothing until I sent a text, this happened for for a few weeks and then nothing. She also blew me off a few times when we made plans...very frustrating but I'd put money that she's dating someone and I was the side dude, whatever. Funny thing though, an old friend of mine hit me up over the weekend, I knew she was always interested in me but never put much thought into it. I normally don't go for car girls but it's kinda nice to talk about things we have common ground on, so we'll see just not gonna put to much into it yet...
      Quote Originally Posted by westsideseal View Post
      I'd pay to see the text she's sending out. Probably something like "Chad seemed totally normal when we first met. I accepted the fact that he still lives with his parents and spends all his money on his car. I accepted the fact that I'm going to have to be seen in this stupid looking car, but now he's around his "IDGAF Traphouse buddies", they have a video camera out, and they're pretending they're in a rap video."

Cars
      A Euro and a JDM
      04-20-2017 02:32 PM #21537
      Hi friends! I hope you've all been well.

I've been ineligible for The Official Singles Thread for a bit over a month but eh, my lady has been making me feel so down. I may be rejoining you guys sort of soon if things don't turn around. I can only hear "life sucks" so many times this early in a relationship before I start feeling like this isn't the connection I've been looking for. I don't want sound like one of those people where it's like "ah, this isn't perfect, so let's just toss it and see what else I find" but there's some other stuff too.

Cars
      '19 Ridgeline, '19 Miata
      04-20-2017 03:11 PM #21538
      Quote Originally Posted by im no hero x View Post

I've been ineligible for The Official Singles Thread for a bit over a month but eh, my lady has been making me feel so down. I may be rejoining you guys sort of soon if things don't turn around. I can only hear "life sucks" so many times this early in a relationship before I start feeling like this isn't the connection I've been looking for. I don't want sound like one of those people where it's like "ah, this isn't perfect, so let's just toss it and see what else I find" but there's some other stuff too.
      I had a girlfriend for a couple of years that was kind of like that. After a while, she was very negative about almost everything. And I'm usually an 'up' kind of guy. She was always complaining about her life, but unwilling to do anything to make it better for herself. I felt that if anything was going to improve, I would have to force her to. And I never liked the resistance I would get for suggesting changes. I eventually broke up with her.

My advice: suggest some changes she can make to get her own life back on track. If she makes some effort (even if she asks for help), then that's a really good sign. If she's not going to do anything and still complain, then move on.

My life view is that you are only allowed to repeatedly complain about something if you are going to do something about it.

Cars
      03 SVT Focus
      04-23-2017 10:39 AM #21539

Only a month and your are dealing with that...............dood, RUN AWAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Smigelski View Post
      I had a girlfriend for a couple of years that was kind of like that. After a while, she was very negative about almost everything. And I'm usually an 'up' kind of guy. She was always complaining about her life, but unwilling to do anything to make it better for herself. I felt that if anything was going to improve, I would have to force her to. And I never liked the resistance I would get for suggesting changes. I eventually broke up with her.

My advice: suggest some changes she can make to get her own life back on track. If she makes some effort (even if she asks for help), then that's a really good sign. If she's not going to do anything and still complain, then move on.

My life view is that you are only allowed to repeatedly complain about something if you are going to do something about it
      Pretty much.

Cars
      03 SVT Focus
      04-23-2017 10:46 AM #21540
      I'm about to hit the 5 month marker with the current woman I am dating. Reevaluating things now as there is a communication issue and overall I just want/need more. Good company and never an argument, but the spark................it's just not there.

Some friends say to stay with her till someone else comes along. I don't think that this is the right way to go about it. Then again, being single is overrated lol.

Cars
      '19 Ridgeline, '19 Miata
      04-23-2017 01:05 PM #21541
      I'm about to hit the 5 month marker with the current woman I am dating. Reevaluating things now as there is a communication issue and overall I just want/need more. Good company and never an argument, but the spark................it's just not there.

Some friends say to stay with her till someone else comes along. I don't think that this is the right way to go about it. Then again, being single is overrated lol.
      I've found that never arguing is not really a good thing. It means that one or both people are not emotionally invested enough.

I would start an open and frank conversation with her about it and see what she thinks. If you both decide that the relationship is worth working for, work for it! If not, you are wasting time.

Cars
      03 SVT Focus
      04-23-2017 01:13 PM #21542
      Quote Originally Posted by Smigelski View Post
      I've found that never arguing is not really a good thing. It means that one or both people are not emotionally invested enough.

I would start an open and frank conversation with her about it and see what she thinks. If you both decide that the relationship is worth working for, work for it! If not, you are wasting time.
      Agreed. In 5 months there's been only a few times where I thought that we would have had an argument, but nothing ever came of it and we just went about our business as usual. It's all about communication and lack there of. I've mentioned it several times but it just is left out there. She wants to hang out and I'm fine with that. We are exclusive but as noted before, I need/want more. However, I am not sure if I am ready to walk right now.

We like each other and get along quite well. It just is missing something.

Cars
      A Euro and a JDM
      04-24-2017 02:25 AM #21543
      Only a month and your are dealing with that...............dood, RUN AWAY!
      I know. It's a bummer. She's a great girl but she's been through some serious stuff. She like refuses to seek help though. Not only with past troubles, but current stuff too. She seems to refuse to hear advice I try to offer. It's really kind of annoying. I'm not saying she'd have to do what I'm offering as advice, but she'll act as if I had been nagging her about it or something. Example: She's tight on money these days. I suggest she tries refinancing her car and shopping for car insurance quotes since state farm just raised her premium for no apparent reason. It was the first time I suggested that, but her instant response was "I've been financially independent for the past 14 years. I can handle this" and she didn't really acknowledge my suggestions.

If I do break things off, which I'm feeling I should, I need to make sure it goes as smoothly as possible. I don't want things to somehow blow up and cause her or her sister to hate me lol. Her sister is my best friend's girlfriend.

Cars
      03 SVT Focus
      04-24-2017 06:31 AM #21544
      I know. It's a bummer. She's a great girl but she's been through some serious stuff. She like refuses to seek help though. Not only with past troubles, but current stuff too. She seems to refuse to hear advice I try to offer. It's really kind of annoying. I'm not saying she'd have to do what I'm offering as advice, but she'll act as if I had been nagging her about it or something. Example: She's tight on money these days. I suggest she tries refinancing her car and shopping for car insurance quotes since state farm just raised her premium for no apparent reason. It was the first time I suggested that, but her instant response was "I've been financially independent for the past 14 years. I can handle this" and she didn't really acknowledge my suggestions.

If I do break things off, which I'm feeling I should, I need to make sure it goes as smoothly as possible. I don't want things to somehow blow up and cause her or her sister to hate me lol. Her sister is my best friend's girlfriend.
      Never give advice, only impart suggestions.

Sounds like she has too much stuff going on to be in a good place when it comes to dating. Sorry dood, but you're just the meal ticket. Your friends will understand, if not then not. But certainly sounds like time to move on.

Cars
      #81 SM 1.6
      04-24-2017 11:15 AM #21545
      a friend from the internet actually was in town this weekend, so i pretty much had a vacation in my own town, showing it off, did pretty much everything, it was awesome.

and man, i was struck by just how many beautiful women there are around town. i think i might have to get myself back on the market. holy crap.

also, yoga pants .... let us have a moment of silence in respect for man's greatest invention.
      Quote Originally Posted by ice4life View Post
      Sounds great. Maybe I'm just a fascist and didn't know it.. I don't know if I even care anymore.

22. 04-24-2017 01:13 PM #21546
      Yoga pants or leggings
      Modded = beat to ****

Cars
      '19 Ridgeline, '19 Miata
      04-25-2017 12:57 PM #21547
      Yoga pants or leggings
      I just convinced my wife to get her first pair of yoga pants after we helped one of her friends move. Literally every woman there was wearing yoga pants except for my wife and her friend's mom. That was enough to push her over the edge.

She's in love. And so am I.

Cars
      '19 Ridgeline, '19 Miata
      04-25-2017 01:13 PM #21548
      I'm going to post this not because it has anything to do with dating, but general life tips. I keep this page bookmarked and read through it every now and again. I think it's pretty good advice.

http://www.tickld.com/x/45-man-tips

45 Ultimate Tips For Men. Number 40 Will Help You Go Far In Life.

1. Go for women you perceive to be "out of your league." You'll surprise yourself.

2. Never have sex with anyone that doesn't want it as much as you.

3. Never hit anyone unless they are an immediate threat.

4. Every hat should serve a purpose.

5. Never take her to the movies on the first date.

6. Learn to wet shave.

7. Nothing looks more badass than a well-tailored suit.

8. Shave with the grain on the first go-around.

9. Always look a person in the eye when you talk to them.

10. Buy a plunger before you need a plunger.

11. Exercise makes you happy. Run, lift, and play sports.

12. Brush your teeth before you put on your tie.

13. A small amount of your paycheck should go directly to your savings account every month.

14. Call your parents every week.

15. Never wear a clip-on tie.

16. Give a firm handshake.

17. Compliment her shoes.

18. Never leave a pint unfinished.

19. If you aren't confident, fake it. It will come.

20. You can tell the size of a man by the size of things that bother him.

21. Be conscious of your body language.

22. The only reason to ever point a gun at someone is if you intend to shoot them.

23. Always stand to shake someone's hand.

24. Never lend anything you can't afford to lose.

25. Ask more than you answer. Everybody likes to talk about themselves.

26. Keep a change of clothes at the office.

27. Buy high quality tools, so you only have to buy them once.

28. Manliness is not only being able to take care of yourself, but others as well.

29. Go with the decision that will make for a good story.

30. When you walk, look straight ahead, not at your feet.

31. Nice guys don't finish last. Boring guys do.

32. Find your passion and figure out how to get paid for it.

33. Don't let the little head do the thinking for the big head.

34. No matter their job or status in life, everyone deserves your respect.

35. The most important thing you can learn is personal responsibility. Bad things happen, it's your job to overcome them.

36. The first one to get angry loses.

37. Do what needs to be done without complaining. It won't help speed things up.

38. Never stop learning.

39. Always go out into public dressed like you're about to meet the love of your life.

40. Don't change yourself just to make someone happy, unless that someone is you.

41. If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.

42. Luck favors the prepared.

43. Women find confidence sexy as hell.

44. Do whatever you want to do in the life, but be the best at it.

45. No one is on their deathbed wishing they spent more time at work. Enjoy your life.

25. 05-02-2017 10:04 PM #21549
      You guys are quiet in here lately.
      Modded = beat to ****

Cars
      2001 Accord
      05-03-2017 12:06 AM #21550
      That's a great list. Thanks for sharing.

You guys are quiet in here lately.
      Probably a good thing.

I'm starting to go from single and indifferent to single and trying to change that... kind of like unemployment.
      Last edited by J2G; 05-03-2017 at 12:13 AM.
      Quote Originally Posted by compy222 View Post
      every on ramp was full of the sound of evil thunder consuming the spent souls of thousands of dinosaurs a minute.

Page 862 of 866 FirstFirst ... 362762812852858859860861862863864865866 LastLast