Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      Cars
      '06 BMW Z4M Coupe, '13 Cadillac ATS 3.6 RWD
      07-11-2011 09:32 AM #26
      Time and low miles is far worse on a battery than high miles. I also don't see a reason not to buy the Walmart battery at the much lower price over the Audi battery and their much higher markup. I'm at 115k miles and with replacing it once (from Walmart).

Since Audi doesn't make the battery, do you think this is something they could have prevented by buying a different battery or is it an issue with the heat and/or electrical system?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Blog Entries
      07-11-2011 09:44 AM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by dmorrow View Post
      Since Audi doesn't make the battery, do you think this is something they could have prevented by buying a different battery or is it an issue with the heat and/or electrical system?
      Yes I feel they could have selected a more dependable and reliable battery supplier. Also, either relocate the battery, or design a less heat soaking alternative to the current.

Cars
      2010 A3 Premium Plus/2002 Passat 4mo
      07-11-2011 02:23 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by NYCameron View Post
      well no one buys a german car for reliability...we leave that to japanese cars

have you never heard that CELs are a way of life?
      My 2002 Passat GLX has never thrown a CEL. It will throw me some James Brown if I ask it too.
      'Don't Panic' -D. Adams

5. 07-11-2011 08:55 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by Xymox View Post
      Yes I feel they could have selected a more dependable and reliable battery supplier.
      This doesn't explain why people have had 2 or more batteries go out in less than 55k miles, myself included. I had a Braile $300 battery go out just as fast as my stock Audi battery. Currently on a Johnson Control that is the supplier to probably 70% of the batteries available for this car. If you bought one from Sears, Autozone, Interstate, Walmart you have a Johnson Control battery.

6. Member
      Blog Entries
      07-11-2011 09:04 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by Uber-A3 View Post
      This doesn't explain why people have had 2 or more batteries go out in less than 55k miles, myself included. I had a Braile $300 battery go out just as fast as my stock Audi battery. Currently on a Johnson Control that is the supplier to probably 70% of the batteries available for this car. If you bought one from Sears, Autozone, Interstate, Walmart you have a Johnson Control battery.
      See the 2nd part of my post you forgot to include. I believe excessive heat is the culprit.
      Last edited by Xymox; 07-11-2011 at 09:07 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12