VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Clutch

28K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  a4 
#1 ·
We had a clutch go with in 20K miles, idk how many exactly are on the car, im too lazy to go down and check. Anyways I know it was too soon regardless. We bought the car new. Is this a normal thing for Gallardos? Because thats not cheap to fix ($10K) :eek: and on that note has anyone had their clutch replaced? what prices have you gotten/seen?

Thanks

#3 ·
Actually i have one, and a clutch is $5,000 with labor $2,800 for parts. If somebody is charging you $10,000 youre getting ripped off. Is the car e-gear or manual? I put a new clutch in at 4200 miles when I bought the car and now at 22,000 miles it is still fine. All depends on your driving style.

#4 · (Edited)
We had a clutch go with in 20K miles, idk how many exactly are on the car, im too lazy to go down and check. Anyways I know it was too soon regardless. We bought the car new. Is this a normal thing for Gallardos? Because thats not cheap to fix ($10K) :eek: and on that note has anyone had their clutch replaced? what prices have you gotten/seen?

Thanks
That's not to out of the ordinary with only 20k on a G. Who quoted you $10k, Lambo of Washington? Your best bet is to do it your self if your able to. Here's a great write up on changing the clutch and general info.

http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/f47/diy-clutch-change-transmission-removal-16409/

If your not able to DIY pm me for a list of shops in your area that are independant Lambo service.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.