VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

What did you do to your A3?

2M views 9K replies 463 participants last post by  Evo V 
#1 · (Edited)
What did you do to your A3 today?

Saw this on the mkv side of the forum and thought we could do this hear. Just post if you did anything to you're a3 today here! ill start first...

i installed aspherical mirrors from p4e. They are very nice ill post pics later if anyone want to see it:wave:

#2 ·
i gave her a much needed bath!

#7 ·
Drover her. Drove her HARD! Screaming through the twisties, missing by inches the various objects on the side of the road like fences, trees, boulders, farm animals, and gawking pedestrians. Then I opened her up on the straight-away and hit 150 MPH!

Well... actually... I just dropped the kid off at the bus stop and drove to work... But I still enjoyed my time with her.

#9 ·
Today, just drove to work which is only 15 minutes away.
Overall:

1) Smoked sidemarkers and repeaters
2) S-tronic DSG knob
3) Aspherical Mirrors
4) Facelift LED euro tails
5) 15mm spacers in the rear
6) Unitronic Stage 1+ ECU flash
7) Resonator delete
8) Thule Roof Rack & Rola Basket

#13 ·
Solved my Iphone integration issues

Found the perfect Iphone / Ipod cable that attaches to the dock plug and then splits between the charger and a 3.5mm AUX plug. This and a Kensington Soundwave dash vent mount the phone is up where I can see while driving for navigation and picking new music with only one cable going down to the console area. Since it's through the dock, it mutes when a call comes in routes the call to the bluetooth.

Mount: http://http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003Y3BEUU/ref=oss_product

Cable: http://http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0031U1AU0/ref=oss_product

#20 ·
Drove the tractor - sorry, diesel engine - to work, sitting looong in traffic on the way there. Finally found a parking space that'll limit only one idiot from hitting me by parking on the end....

.....then AFTER work, back in the car, cranked up the tractor engine, and surprisingly the car seemed to move FASTER on the way HOME ! :D

Checked the tires when I parked up at home for any dirt (it's raining over here, and I have to drive down a lane on the way home), admired the beaded rain sitting on my car's waxed body, and pressed the button on the fob.

See ya tomorrow A3 :cool:

#22 ·
The for me today is...

Remove VF Intake

Install Stock Airbox

Wait until Forge Twintake shows up. :thumbup:

#26 ·
did some slip and sliding in the frozen rain road, along with trying to sideways wherever I can. Surprisingly, it it is much easier to control the tail in thawing frozen ice sheet than flattened snow. I can actually the exact positioning of the tail with the throttle instead of the massive countersteering that I need to do in the snow.

#27 · (Edited)
Drove to flushing queens Yo traffic court for a ticket, cop never showed and date fo rescheduled again.... Went for some soup dumplings and scallion pancakes as needed some comfort food.

On my way hone, Pushed her to nearly 30lbs of boost. Though about checking cam follower, talked myself out of it...shoveled driveway instead. Mixed and refilled meth tank.

#31 ·
Drove to flushing queens Yo traffic court for a ticket, cop never showed and date fo rescheduled again.... Went for some soup dumplings and scallion pancakes as needed some comfort food.
Where is the traffic court in flushing? That's my neighborhood and I don't even know where it is...
maybe that's a good thing :laugh:

anyway...today I took the MTA to school
a3 is just chillin outside...with a layer of ice on her

#37 ·
Used it today and worked flawlessly. Now I'm trying to figure out how to route it so it stays nicely out of the way.

Q: Do the power points have a timer to shut off? The LED on the charger is still one when I go back to the car. Am I sucking my battery down?

#34 ·
Tried to observe fuel mileage with driving awareness on speed, accelerator use, etc, unfortunately, traffic and headwinds (SoCal getting beat up with cold strong gust of winds , reported 75mph gusts) did not help - This was on my way home and best it did was 27.9mpg average :(
28 mile trip, dealing also with two canyon passes (Newhall and Santa Susanna)

Then took the car for a wash.