Classifieds Forum Posting Guidelines - Please read before posting!
NO SPAM. If you are browsing this forum and notice spam, please use the Report Post link at the bottom of the page to notify myself (the brit) or another moderator. This unfortunately is not a very busy forum, so please do help to keep it clear of spam etc.
In an effort to clean up the classifieds, we are requiring that all classifieds posts be in the following formats:
- You must post a price in your initial post. Not 'make an offer', nor '$1,000,000 OBO '.
- Please use this formatting : FS: Year, Make, Model, Mileage, Location
(Example - FS : 2003 VW Jetta GLI VR6 Manual, 90k, Chicago IL)
- If you want to purchase an specific vehicle: WTB: Item Name
(Example - WTB: Mk4 GTI 20v Automatic)
- If you want to trade a specific vehicle: WTT: Item Name for Item Name
(Example WTT: Mk4 Golf 4 door 2.0 for Mk1 Golf 2 door.
- If you want to trade an non-specific vehicle for a Audi/NSU/ETC vehicle, please do NOT post it in this forum. It belongs in the correct forum for that car i.e. 1981 Rabbit in Mk1 Car For Sale or Nissan Sentra in Non-VW Cars For Sale forum which can be found here: https://forums.vwvortex.com/forumdisp...-Cars-For-Sale.
(Example: “WTT: 2002 VW GTI VR6 75k miles for 1998 VW GTI VR6 plus cash” must to be posted only in the G/J IV Cars classifieds forum, not the G/J III Cars classifieds forum.)
- All eBay links must include a Buy It Now price in the auction, and in the forum title.
If you are just looking to gather interest for your auction, then we suggest putting a link to it in your signature.
Here is the guide to all rules for posting in the VWVortex Classifieds: https://forums.vwvortex.com/faq.php?f...aq_classifieds
Furthermore, we will not allow all CAPS thread titles, or distracting characters such as ”>”, ”*”, ”!”, ”~”, etc. The thread title MUST be in a format presented above, or the thread will be removed. Also, all threads must be in the proper forum. A thread that is selling wheels must be in the respective wheels and tires classifieds forum, not in the model specific forum that those wheels came from. The same goes for parts you are selling. If you have Corrado parts, they have to go in the Corrado forum, not in other forums in which they could be an upgraded part. If someone is looking for an upgrade, they will know where to look.
Also, the classifieds are not a place to voice an opinion on a product. Questioning the value/price, linking to the same or similar item, or posting in an attempt to devalue the objects being sold is forbidden. If you wish to question the value, IM the seller. Do not reply to a classifieds thread unless you are interested in the item. This will cut down on the traffic in the classifieds, which will result in less people bumping their topics, and making it easier to find what you are looking for. Once your item has sold, or you have found what you are looking for, please make a note of that in your thread.
If you are interested in gathering a market value for your item, please be sure to use the Search feature to see what similar items have been selling for. Check both the recent topics, and the archived topics.
These new classifieds rules will be strictly enforced for all new threads