Fourtitude.com - Bringing back the Art of Shaving
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
      03-22-2016 12:02 PM #401
      Anyone try the Bevel set now that they sell it at Target? Very very handsome safety razor, but that price, 49 bucks i dunno. So I went to target to check this razor out more closely after listening to some pretty positive unbias youtube reviews on it. Two days ago there were 5 on the shelf at my local Target today there are none..Wow ok. At this price point I'm going to assume they are selling like this due to the convenience factor i.e. Noobs like me who gets overwhelmed buy the millions of safety razors that pop up on amazon all with 4-5 stars consistently regardless of the razor, not knowing which to get and don't want the hassle of shipping etc.Hmmmmm
      Last edited by RENOG; 03-22-2016 at 01:14 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

05-23-2016 08:04 PM #402
      Ok so I picked up the Mekur 180 and a box of personna blades off Amazon. Been shaving for month with this now and wow, I'm in love.

4. 06-04-2016 12:56 AM #403
      Quote Originally Posted by RENOG View Post
      Anyone try the Bevel set now that they sell it at Target? Very very handsome safety razor, but that price, 49 bucks i dunno. So I went to target to check this razor out more closely after listening to some pretty positive unbias youtube reviews on it. Two days ago there were 5 on the shelf at my local Target today there are none..Wow ok. At this price point I'm going to assume they are selling like this due to the convenience factor i.e. Noobs like me who gets overwhelmed buy the millions of safety razors that pop up on amazon all with 4-5 stars consistently regardless of the razor, not knowing which to get and don't want the hassle of shipping etc.Hmmmmm
      Ill keep an eye out as my wifey coupons the eff out target
      Quote Originally Posted by RENOG View Post
      Ok so I picked up the Mekur 180 and a box of personna blades off Amazon. Been shaving for month with this now and wow, I'm in love.
      Congrats!

5. n00b
      07-08-2019 08:42 AM #404
      Quote Originally Posted by SSj4G60 View Post
      if not amazon suggested above, www.westcoastshaving.com has 1 omega and a vulvix for $35.

As far as cutting yourself w/ a safety razor aside from my mishap that I posted about earlier, I've only had a few nicks, more weepers than anything(mainly when using feathers). As long as you don't put much pressure on the blade or too much of an angle you'll be fine.

Check these vidoes out also http://www.youtube.com/user/mantic59
      You should just train a bit, never the less it's a good thing for close shaving.

6. n00b
      07-08-2019 11:10 AM #405
      Quote Originally Posted by weenerdog3443 View Post
      Well I pulled the trigger and just ordered this stick, some blades, and a new brush. for 21 bucks shiped cant beat it. They were out of the puck of that scent of soap so I figured I'd give the stick a try and see if I like it and if not ill just mil it down and form it to a bowl. Pics will come when it arrives.
      That's a good starter pack!

7. n00b
      07-08-2019 11:23 AM #406
      Quote Originally Posted by SSj4G60 View Post
      badgerandblade.com is a good forum to check out.

http://www.westcoastshaving.com/DE-B...nomy_p_18.html or just order few different blades to see what you like. They all shave differently, it's more personal preference than anything.

For a Razor
      http://www.westcoastshaving.com/Merkur-33C-Classic-Safety-Razor_p_30.html
      http://www.westcoastshaving.com/Merk...azor_p_52.html
      http://www.westcoastshaving.com/Merk...oth_p_127.html

Brush
      There are boars hair brushes that are cheaper but i'd stick w/ badger. They can be just as much if not more than the razor.

Cream/Soap
      Totally personal preference, also you don't need to heat up the soap just rub a web brush to build lather. Like I posted earlier you can get the CO Bigelow for $5 - $10 a tube at Bath and Bodyworks or there is Art of Shaving at most malls. Both are nice the AOS tub lasts a few months for me, the $5 tube of CO Big lasts a 3weeks or so. There was a website that used to offer small tubs of all different kinds of cream for like $1 -$2 each, I'll see if I can find it when I get home.
      Merkur is one of the best safety razors! It is worth pay for it!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617