Fourtitude.com - 2012 Audi A7 First Drive
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Fourtitude.com


    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Results 26 to 46 of 46
    1. Geriatric Member ATL_Av8r's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 17th, 2002
      Location
      Gapiana
      Posts
      44,123
      Cars
      2008 Camry Wagon
      09-14-2010 10:06 AM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbiodiesel! View Post
      I truly don't understand what's so offensive about it. Are you talking about the execution of this particular model - which is iffy in places - or the entire phenomenon of the fastback sedan? Because fastback sedans aren't going anywhere; they've been around forever, and they're far more practical than regular sedans.
      I don't know. I'm just being senile
      MemeGate 2012 - First Responder, post #2

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. Member warren_s's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 26th, 2009
      Posts
      5,382
      Cars
      2016 TTS
      09-14-2010 10:12 AM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by Swallow Doretti View Post
      It always amazes me how, in every Audi, no matter how luxurious and beautifully crafted, the brand still sees fit to install that behind-the-wheel cruise control switch that looks like it escaped a Toyota Corolla.
      It's a good spot for it. It makes for a much cleaner steering wheel design than when the cruise is operated via buttons on the wheel.

    4. Senior Member FlashRedGLS1.8T's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 17th, 2001
      Location
      Ohio
      Posts
      23,930
      09-14-2010 10:18 AM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbiodiesel! View Post
      I truly don't understand what's so offensive about it. Are you talking about the execution of this particular model - which is iffy in places - or the entire phenomenon of the fastback sedan? Because fastback sedans aren't going anywhere; they've been around forever, and they're far more practical than regular sedans.
      I'm not sure about you, but I cannot sit in the back seat of many of these 4,000+lb cars, especially with my head attached.

    5. Member konkomania's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 18th, 2007
      Location
      Rochester, NY
      Posts
      1,555
      Cars
      1986 Volvo 740 GLE with manual gearbox
      09-14-2010 10:21 AM #29
      I can't wait to see one in person. I think I'm one of the few that actually likes the design.

    6. Geriatric Member Turbio!'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 21st, 2005
      Location
      Colorado Springs, CO
      Posts
      44,819
      Cars
      '13 Subaru Outback
      09-14-2010 10:22 AM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by FlashRedGLS1.8T View Post
      I'm not sure about you, but I cannot sit in the back seat of many of these 4,000+lb cars, especially with my head attached.
      I've sat in the back of a CLS and a Panamera. The Panamera was downright roomy. The CLS slightly less so, but I'm a six footer and it didn't bug me too much. Much taller, it'd have gotten uncomfortable, but I'm taller than most people.
      IPRO Meat-Director and High Minister of Terror-Grilling and

      Quote Originally Posted by caj1 View Post
      the magniloquent messiah of the butthurt former VW owners.

    7. Geriatric Member Turbio!'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 21st, 2005
      Location
      Colorado Springs, CO
      Posts
      44,819
      Cars
      '13 Subaru Outback
      09-14-2010 10:23 AM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by ATL_Av8r View Post
      I don't know. I'm just being senile
      Old man yells at cloud?
      IPRO Meat-Director and High Minister of Terror-Grilling and

      Quote Originally Posted by caj1 View Post
      the magniloquent messiah of the butthurt former VW owners.

    8. Senior Member FlashRedGLS1.8T's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 17th, 2001
      Location
      Ohio
      Posts
      23,930
      09-14-2010 10:28 AM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbiodiesel! View Post
      I've sat in the back of a CLS and a Panamera. The Panamera was downright roomy. The CLS slightly less so, but I'm a six footer and it didn't bug me too much. Much taller, it'd have gotten uncomfortable, but I'm taller than most people.
      Panamera presented no headroom issues, CLS, yes. As do many of other Sedan "Coupes".

    9. Senior Member Mazda 3s's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 12th, 2003
      Location
      Garner, NC
      Posts
      23,327
      Cars
      2017 Audi A4 Quattro Prestige, 2017 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
      09-14-2010 10:35 AM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by Swallow Doretti View Post
      It always amazes me how, in every Audi, no matter how luxurious and beautifully crafted, the brand still sees fit to install that behind-the-wheel cruise control switch that looks like it escaped a Toyota Corolla.
      I prefer it behing the wheel than on the steering wheel. My old Camry LE has the CC stalk and it was more intuitive than the buttons on the steering wheel of my 3s.
      "Of course that's just my opinion; I could be wrong."

      Quote Originally Posted by The Igneous Faction
      Have you ever popped the hood on a powerstroke E350?
      Quote Originally Posted by WhistlerYOW
      No, I got good grades in school

    10. 09-14-2010 10:52 AM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by Swallow Doretti View Post
      It always amazes me how, in every Audi, no matter how luxurious and beautifully crafted, the brand still sees fit to install that behind-the-wheel cruise control switch that looks like it escaped a Toyota Corolla.
      I quite like it in that location vs on the streering wheel

    11. 09-14-2010 11:38 AM #35
      I would prefer A5 sportback next to this, but I wouldn't say no to A7 with a V10 swap from R8.
      I just hope that there are some eco-hating audi executives who think alike

    12. Senior Member bzcat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 26th, 2001
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      24,344
      09-14-2010 01:39 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by StringTheory View Post
      I would prefer A5 sportback next to this, but I wouldn't say no to A7 with a V10 swap from R8.
      I just hope that there are some eco-hating audi executives who think alike
      I think the A5 Sportback is a better design but I understand why AoA decided it can only sell 1 hatchback in the US and chose the bigger more profitable one.

      No V10 planned... but S7 with 4.0T V8 will be a riot.

    13. Member matt_bogner's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 3rd, 2002
      Location
      Etobicoke Ontario
      Posts
      1,049
      Cars
      C15 SDP05216
      09-14-2010 02:29 PM #37
      look forward to purchasing once depreciation was worked its magic in ~5 years.
      Bogner Diesel Services
      Mobile Diesel Engine repair
      servicing Detroit Diesel, CAT, Cummins, Mercedes Benz and Allison Transmission.
      Detroit Diesel and CAT Certified
      In God we trust, everyone else pays cash.

    14. 09-14-2010 02:49 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by Swallow Doretti View Post
      It always amazes me how, in every Audi, no matter how luxurious and beautifully crafted, the brand still sees fit to install that behind-the-wheel cruise control switch that looks like it escaped a Toyota Corolla.
      Have you ever driven a new C-Class? Now THAT is bad placement...did you turn on/off the cruise every time you signaled to change lanes? Audi's placement looks fine.

    15. Member ElixXxeR's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 17th, 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      7,173
      Cars
      9.5 Brannock
      09-14-2010 03:04 PM #39
      Blech. I don't like the CLS, but even it looks better than this. I even like the new A8 quite a bit better. In fact, they should have simply pulled the same trick here: apply some extenz to an A5 sportback, as they did to the A4 for the A8 design, and you would have a much better looking vehicle.

    16. Member cryption's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 27th, 2006
      Location
      Houston
      Posts
      3,459
      Cars
      99 Miata, 2013 F150
      09-14-2010 03:16 PM #40
      this audi fanboy does not want ....

    17. 09-14-2010 04:56 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by bzcat View Post
      I think the A5 Sportback is a better design but I understand why AoA decided it can only sell 1 hatchback in the US and chose the bigger more profitable one.

      No V10 planned... but S7 with 4.0T V8 will be a riot.
      meh... V10 is a monster, a monster of a engine, plus it sounds heavenly. Even the V10 TT sounds very lame compared to the naturally aspirated V10. 4.0T is just... meh.

      That said, 4.2 V8 TDI would also be a nice addition in the A7

    18. Member xdre's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 11th, 2001
      Location
      Indianapolis
      Posts
      11,000
      09-14-2010 05:24 PM #42
      Hey, look at that, it's an Audi Citation.

    19. Member
      Join Date
      May 15th, 2007
      Location
      Chicago, IL
      Posts
      1,962
      Cars
      2009 Volkswagen Tiguan SE, 1995 Volvo 850 T-5R (for sale)
      09-14-2010 10:04 PM #43
      The A7 definitely has better angles than the ones in some of the photos posted here, and the S-line package helps, too. Great car to drive, sort of a fancier man's S4.

      Kilometer First Drive

      kilometermagazine.com -- swedespeed.com -- vwvortex.com --mwerks.com -- fourtitude.com -- turbonines.com

    20. Member dieselraver's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 11th, 2007
      Location
      The City That Never Sleeps
      Posts
      13,503
      09-14-2010 11:04 PM #44
      i beg to differ, it looks absolutely gorgeous, almost CLS like, but with a better roof line (higher arch) and hopefully a more practical rear seat
      Current Cars: 2018 BMW///M3 6 Speed Manual Yas Marina Blue over Sakhir Orange Leather | 2019 VW Atlas SEL | 2004 Infiniti FX35
      Previous Cars: 2017 Volvo S90 Inscription T6 AWD |2016 GLI DSG SEL | 2015 Touareg Lux TDI | 2014 GLI 6 Speed MT Autobahn | 2012 Odyssey EX-L | 2010 Outback 6 Speed MT | 2008 VW GTI 6 Speed MT | 2008 BMW 328xi 6 Speed MT | 2007 VW Rabbit 5 Speed MTl | 2001 Honda Accord

    21. Member mikegilbert's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 29th, 2006
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      16,459
      Cars
      F80 / TDI / LWB
      09-14-2010 11:05 PM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by intercedeGLI View Post
      I'm usually pretty tolerant of design elements. I've never really hated anything. But that. That's just wrong
      This.

      Quote Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post
      The A5 Sportback looks a zillion times better.
      And this.
      flickr | Everything you need to know | » | Scratch-It™ | Vimeo | Instagram

      Quote Originally Posted by bzcat View Post
      BMW made the decision to chase tuhao money with questionable aesthetic and it can't expect more sophisticated markets to go along with the crassness of its current batsh1t crazy design.

    22. Senior Member Mazda 3s's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 12th, 2003
      Location
      Garner, NC
      Posts
      23,327
      Cars
      2017 Audi A4 Quattro Prestige, 2017 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
      09-15-2010 12:06 AM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      The A7 definitely has better angles than the ones in some of the photos posted here, and the S-line package helps, too. Great car to drive, sort of a fancier man's S4.

      Kilometer First Drive

      Now that is more like it!!
      "Of course that's just my opinion; I could be wrong."

      Quote Originally Posted by The Igneous Faction
      Have you ever popped the hood on a powerstroke E350?
      Quote Originally Posted by WhistlerYOW
      No, I got good grades in school

    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •