Fourtitude.com - How to turbocharge and get 300whp out of your G60 Corrado?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      Cars
      1982 BMW 320i, 1986 Jetta Carat 1.8/ABA Turbo
      05-27-2010 02:13 PM #26
      200whp is a very achievable goal once you go Turbo. You can probably fit a T3 back there under the stock intake. Remember that the stock ECU will not read boost levels over 15psi, nor will the stock injectors support 200whp. You will need to enlist the help of one of the chip tuners, get a turbo chip, and larger injectors (or some sort of additional fueling support, even if just an extra injector in the intake tract, and a AIC,) You need something for fueling once the boost levels creep over 15psi.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 05-30-2010 11:04 AM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by sketzshane View Post
      I got the car with the supercharge already taken off so if you were in my shoes what would you do? I live in Jamaica in the Caribbean and only around 6 of these Corrados came here. Only 3 of these still driving 1 black G60, my own and a Red VR6 SLC. there is no way I am going to buy back a supercharger from the US so what is my best option? I want to have fun with this car and right now it feels rather lame. I dont have a big budget so I was thinking first to just turbocharge the G60 engine and my friend said all I would need is to get a crossflow head and buy the regular things to boost it and then tune etc... Before purchasing this car I was a Evolution owner and I can say that i extracted 3 times the power it was making stock so I really find it hard to believe I cant make 2 times with this engine (since it rated at 158bhp @ 5600 rpm and 166 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm on the supercharger)
      unrealistic. this motor was designed from a parts bin that is ancient and vw was more or less not into making power back in the 80's

4. 05-30-2010 09:28 PM #28
      That turbo boost calculator doesn't take into account head flow/intake tract. I've seen boosted engines gain power with improved intake systems that have reduced the amount of PSI available.
      Remember High PSI indicates high restriction.(all things considered)
      Generally speaking 15PSI should double the NA HP.

So a crossflow head/ intake system pushing 170 CFM at max cam lift should make about 340 HP @ 15 psi.

Think counterflow is harder to get 170 CFM at max lift using a street cam.

Cars
      1982 BMW 320i, 1986 Jetta Carat 1.8/ABA Turbo
      05-31-2010 01:26 AM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by ny_fam View Post
      Generally speaking 15PSI should double the NA HP.
      In theory, but way to many outside factors for it to actually work that way.

Quote Originally Posted by ny_fam View Post

So a crossflow head/ intake system pushing 170 CFM at max cam lift should make about 340 HP @ 15 psi.
      If you get that figured out, I'll buy 2 of them.

6. 05-31-2010 08:59 AM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by G60 Carat View Post
      In theory, but way to many outside factors for it to actually work that way.

If you get that figured out, I'll buy 2 of them.
      Yea I realize that - just turn up the boost a little more

I've ported to 164 CFM at .450" lift before on a crossflow head, OBDII with stock valves sizes too. Sure with a little more work you'll see numbers above 170. Spend a week with the flow bench and you'll get there.
      As I understand it going crossflow with a turbo engine is the hot ticket now, easier plumbing and more room for the turbo Don't Bahnbrenner and USRT have kits to do this?

Cars
      1990 Corrado G60
      05-31-2010 10:36 AM #31
      I have been told that few persons have gotten above 300whp on G60 Stock bottom half from a very reliable source with crossflow head and other work done yet I think I am going to go 16V or 20V.

8. 05-29-2019 12:59 AM #32
      My g60 crossflow made 300 on 23psi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12