Fourtitude.com - So, did you ride today? (Details!)
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 344 of 344 FirstFirst ... 244294334340341342343344
    Results 8,576 to 8,596 of 8596
      Cars
      Lifted G-wagon, lifted AWD Prius
      02-04-2020 02:36 PM #8576
      Quote Originally Posted by A1an View Post
      Haha it's only about 6400' of climbing. Not a ton considering the length but the placement in the route makes it "fun" hah

I'm using a Revelate Terrapin on the back. You can load it up pretty well but I think a rack with paniers would be better since it will put the weight lower. You also really need to stuff the seat bag to make it stable which prob wouldn't be ideal for food runs.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
      6,400 is still pretty solid. Thanks for the info about the saddle bag... that's sort of what I was thinking. The bike in question has no rack mounts (it's an old 29er MTB w/a QR disc rear end), so I'm looking at the Axiom DLX Disc rack and their P25 dual bags. $90 or so for the pair on eBay.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

02-04-2020 05:31 PM #8577
      First time on the road bike in at least 6 months yesterday. Bike was down because my mavic aksium race wheelset has a issue with tropical climates. Despite my bike living off the ground in it's own shed it developed corossion so bad the LBS could no longer true the wheels.

Buddy of mine bought a cervelo from a police auction recently. it looked totally Cherry from the blurry pictures that they had in the online bidding website. But when he got it he found out that the carbon frame had been chopped to get around the lock.

No big deal he just broke it down for parts and gave me the wheels.

About 17 miles into the ride I got pushed off into the shoulder but inattentive driver. Hit a pothole flatten the front wheel and knock it out of true

I could still make it home but I'm kind of frustrated. Back to the lbs for a tune-up and retrue.

Cars
      Bought not built.
      02-14-2020 07:25 PM #8578
      Three rides this week....two inside and one outside. Hands still feel like trash from the Huracan ride. Trying to do some ulnar nerve glide stuff to try to get feeling back in my fingers.

Signature.

Cars
      91 318iS,13 GTI
      02-17-2020 11:33 AM #8579
      Managed a quick little cruise on the BMX over the weekend but the more exciting bit was picking up a new squish bike. Snagged a Yeti SB6

Untitled by Nick Smith, on Flickr
      Quote Originally Posted by Rutledge View Post
      Well, then, I'm here to "ruin" the vortex for you. I'm sorry you hate fun.
      1991 318is M50 Swapped
      2013 GTI

6. 03-07-2020 08:10 PM #8580
      Been looking for a well priced used gravel bike, bought a used Independent Fabrication Planet X today and took it out for a spin. Love it, bike feels great!

Independent Fabrication Planet X by Geoff Potter, on Flickr

Cars
      Bought not built.
      03-18-2020 10:02 PM #8581
      Social distance ride with a friend. Was nice to get out. I'm on the left.

Signature.

Cars
      91 318iS,13 GTI
      03-18-2020 10:21 PM #8582
      Did some distancing myself yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Rutledge View Post
      Well, then, I'm here to "ruin" the vortex for you. I'm sorry you hate fun.
      1991 318is M50 Swapped
      2013 GTI

Cars
      03-19-2020 10:42 AM #8583
      Quote Originally Posted by geoffp View Post
      Been looking for a well priced used gravel bike, bought a used Independent Fabrication Planet X today and took it out for a spin. Love it, bike feels great!
      Oooh, that's nice. I've always wanted an IF.

I've been doing my usual rides, though trying to stick to the less-popular spots... and like everywhere else, they have become quite popular lately. Even the bandit trails and the rarely-used paved trails around all of the tech companies. So maybe that just means I need to build some more trails or do more exploring.

I started by reliving my youth and riding around in construction zones (that are done for the day). Fun stuff. This bike is just good at everything.

I guess a positive side effect of all of this business is that a bunch of people will get more exercise, at least until the novelty of going outside wears off.

Cars
      2019 Tiguan SEL-P R-Line, 02 4Runner SR5 4x4
      03-19-2020 09:41 PM #8584
      With gyms and cycle studios closed, EVERYONE is on the trails. Its almost like mid-Summer Sunday traffic out there. Seem like every half mile, passed another rider. Lots of smiling faces to be riding and getting away from it all. With alot of people trying to escape, the trails near central lots are packed, so our association is pushing bikers to ride the remote areas to be safe. Also recommended not riding technical, dangerous trails so we dont risk hurting ourselves and pulling away health resources.

And with the downtime, swapped on a new front tire for the ultimate mullet setup - 29x2.6 Teravail Honcho (front), 27.5x2.8 Maxxis Rekon (rear). This setup was a blast, that Honcho has a very linear corning feel something I never felt before. With the trails very dry this early in the season, Forekasters off = fun setup on! And who knows, all my XC races could be canceled so it could be a summer of fun riding!

19 Tiguan SEL-P R-Line
      02 4Runner SR5

Cars
      03-20-2020 09:39 AM #8585
      Quote Originally Posted by OttaCee View Post
      With gyms and cycle studios closed, EVERYONE is on the trails. Its almost like mid-Summer Sunday traffic out there. Seem like every half mile, passed another rider. Lots of smiling faces to be riding and getting away from it all. With alot of people trying to escape, the trails near central lots are packed, so our association is pushing bikers to ride the remote areas to be safe. Also recommended not riding technical, dangerous trails so we dont risk hurting ourselves and pulling away health resources.

And with the downtime, swapped on a new front tire for the ultimate mullet setup - 29x2.6 Teravail Honcho (front), 27.5x2.8 Maxxis Rekon (rear). This setup was a blast, that Honcho has a very linear corning feel something I never felt before. With the trails very dry this early in the season, Forekasters off = fun setup on! And who knows, all my XC races could be canceled so it could be a summer of fun riding!
      Yeah, it's crazy. I've even resorted riding on roads again. Luckily, car traffic is pretty light, so it's less annoying than it used to be. Singletrack though... yow. There's generally little room to pass people around here (trees), and when the trails are full of people who don't know etiquette and/or aren't into the whole social distancing thing for whatever stupid reason, it's best to avoid. Oh well. I can always crawl into my Zwift cave and "ride" some "singletrack that way. You know, strap a cell phone to my stem and awkwardly try and navigate a trail.

The mullet setup looks fun.

Cars
      2019 Mazda 3
      03-23-2020 09:23 PM #8586
      Did a quick 10k on my new bike today on my Tacx. Bought a Trek FX3 disk last week, installed my Bontrager DuoTrap S today and paired it with my phone.

Big fan of my setup; will help me get through the next weeks of isolation.

Sent from a telephone while driving

Cars
      Bought not built.
      03-25-2020 09:47 PM #8587
      County closed down the park next to me with the only single track within riding distance from the house (grrrr) so went out exploring with a friend. Going to get my cx back up and running soon so I can have something a little more pavement friendly for these rides.

28 miles with some exploring of the only preserves in the area not closed. All grassy or hog damaged double track but better than nothing I guess.

Signature.

14. 03-26-2020 07:05 AM #8588
      Took a right where I usually go left the other day

85 by Geoff Potter, on Flickr

15. 03-30-2020 07:21 AM #8589
      Got out for 60 miles of Virginia gravel yesterday morning, a little damp but beautiful.

90 by Geoff Potter, on Flickr
      Spring 2020 by Geoff Potter, on Flickr

16. 03-31-2020 10:16 AM #8590
      92 by Geoff Potter, on Flickr

Cars
      Bought not built.
      03-31-2020 10:21 PM #8591
      Every single park near me is closed so turned to the roads out of the house. With our "safer at home" shelter in place order right now traffic is pretty light so wasn't too bad. Wind was insane though. That paired with complete lack of rain for the last couple months with pollen still around made it somewhat crappy. Idiot in a Tundra almost ran into me as well. Despite all that it was nice to still get out. Planning on heading over to Green Swamp this weekend for some gravel and ****ty sandy roads.

Signature.

Cars
      04-01-2020 09:55 AM #8592
      Quote Originally Posted by A1an View Post
      Every single park near me is closed so turned to the roads out of the house. With our "safer at home" shelter in place order right now traffic is pretty light so wasn't too bad. Wind was insane though. That paired with complete lack of rain for the last couple months with pollen still around made it somewhat crappy. Idiot in a Tundra almost ran into me as well. Despite all that it was nice to still get out. Planning on heading over to Green Swamp this weekend for some gravel and ****ty sandy roads.
      Some of the parks here are still open, but the largest one - by far - in the area (miles and miles of bridle trails, hiking, etc.) has closed due to overcrowding and is ticketing trespassers. I get it, but then again, the people who were going there are now going to go somewhere else, which certainly isn't going to help the situation. It seems like metering users would be ideal, but I doubt they have the resources.

Since that sort of cluster is basically everywhere, I've been doing rides at around 8:30pm, and mainly on the roads. It's pretty nice. There's barely any car traffic and only the occasional ******* (yelled at by some dip**** teenagers and almost run off the road by an F-150 who I think honestly didn't see me and my many hundreds of lumens of flashiness). I also did a sunrise MTB ride... peaceful and totally empty, surprisingly. I plan on more of those.

Cars
      Bought not built.
      04-01-2020 01:19 PM #8593
      What is funny is our mayor selling the shelter at home idea of hers by saying we can still go out hiking. Where?!? The streets? She, the county, and state closed almost all of them. Makes no sense.

Signature.

20. 04-03-2020 01:24 PM #8594
      I've been getting up early and doing a "morning commute" ride from my house, back to my house...pretending I'm riding to work (since I'm working from home). It's stupid but keeps my routine going and I'm trying to take each of my bikes out throughout the week.

This morning I rode my Inglis 26" single speed...

95 by Geoff Potter, on Flickr

Cars
      Bought not built.
      04-03-2020 09:36 PM #8595
      35 mile ride yesterday with some friends. Was last day in my 30s and we needed to get a friend out for some fun with all that's going on. Started with one beer and then ended up with multiple beer stops. Was a great time. Hope you guys are able to get out now and then. Gets more and more critical as these shelter at home orders keep going.

Signature.

22. 04-05-2020 12:38 PM #8596
      Happy Birthday A1an!

Woke up early and hit some nearby trails that are still open

97 by Geoff Potter, on Flickr

Page 344 of 344 FirstFirst ... 244294334340341342343344