VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Jimmie Johnson makes history!

13K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  Gesford 
#1 ·
How do you spell perfection??
J-i-m-m-i-e J-o-h-n-s-o-n
I followed Nascar for a hefty 15 years now. Since then, i have seen nothing but the most talented drivers compete. I am amazed at how driven they all are. Every one of those teams want it as bad as the next one. As for the drivers... it is humorous to see men who bitch because they finished 2nd. NASCAR drivers have a righteous heart, a racers heart. They love competition. Its their High. They can race anything with a steering wheel.
But Jimmie Johnson, he has the heart of a tyrant. As NASCAR progressively sets champion contention rugulations over the years, crew chief Chad Knaus, does the impossible. To win at such extraordinary levels is beyond anything i have ever seen in any racing league or circuit. 4 straight championships. What more can i say?
This "cool story bro" has been made possible by...

See less See more
#10 ·
Re: (shooting blanks) (HaterSlayer)

Nothing against him personally, I'm just one of those people that couldn't care less about NASCAR. I've tried to get into it, I've done everything I could to try to understand the allure, but I guess I'm just not cut out to be a NASCAR fan. Don't feel sorry for me, though, I'll get over it. Congrats to him for being exceptional in his field.

#11 ·
Re: (shooting blanks) (HaterSlayer)

I have to give much credit to Chad Knaus always in the "gray area" I love that.... kind of like Button's car with the additional wings in the first half of the season, I love how sanctioning bodies have to make rules when teams develop an "un-fair" advantage... Congrats to JJ!
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#18 ·
FV-QR

Congrats to Johnson for making history with 4 consecutive championships, even if I was rooting for the old guy to somehow win it.

I don't follow NASCAR much, but all types of motorsport interest me, so I watch on occasion. If you hate it, fine, but you have to give some credit to a guy who did something that had NEVER been done before in the history of his sport.

#20 ·
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by GahannaKid »
I predict this thread will be awesome. Very, very awesome.
Congrats though to JJ, MM, JG, and the entire Hendricks Motorsports team.

Probably not, since it's been moved from TCL. I reported one of the posts, with the intention of pointing out obvious flamebait/trolling, but apparently it was interpreted as "wrong forum." I suppose I'll expect the same of any F1, WRC, or other racing news threads posted there.

#22 ·
Re: FV-QR (shooting blanks)

I believe he reported my post. Either way now that it's out of the Lounge, it's pretty much dead, so enjoy the rest of your night and don't worry about people who don't agree with you.

#23 ·
I think he is one of if not the gratest driver in nascar history. And yall talk like nascar is the easiest racing in the world, but what happens when people from f1 and indy come to nascar. They lose (except juan pablo montoya). If it was so easy anyone could do it. And they turn right twice a year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.