Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
      Cars
      2010 VW GTI
      06-18-2009 01:00 AM #1
      This thread is for the 2009-2010 Barclays English Premier League football season
      This season the EPL welcomes recently promoted clubs Birmingham City, Wolverhampton Wanderers and Burnley to the league.
      Provisional fixtures are here: HERE - Note: Dates/Times will changed based on both FA and UEFA based competition dates and times.

Modified by Weakness at 12:07 AM 6-18-2009
      Step 1: Calm down about the CEL, embrace it, it adds more color to the instrument cluster

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 06-18-2009 11:55 AM #2
      birmingham, burnley and wigan first three fixtures for united.. maybe united get a good start this time around!

06-18-2009 12:52 PM #3
      united won't win prem without cr7

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 06-18-2009 02:43 PM #4
      Quote, originally posted by shynop »

well, im glad he is gone! more opportunities for other players.. and I truly believe that man u is gonna get stronger without him, just like they have done in the past.

7. 06-18-2009 03:58 PM #5

Losing his talent is a blow no doubt, but I definitely won't miss his attitude and crying.
      He's already bitching about **** before he's even officially been signed to Real Madrid. Apparently 50% image rights isn't good enough from RM, so he wants 55%.
      Beckham, Zizou, Raul, Van Nistelrooy, etc. all accepted the deal in the past, but Crynaldo is too good for 50%

06-18-2009 06:22 PM #6
      Quote, originally posted by GrrrrrGTI »
      well, im glad he is gone! more opportunities for other players.. and I truly believe that man u is gonna get stronger without him, just like they have done in the past.

most people wouldn't agree with me...but i always have said that i think nani could develop into a better player than ronaldo. saf doesn't ever play him enough to show his true talent, the kid is going to be better than cr7 if he's shown the time to do so i think

9. Member
      Cars
      2001 Golf TDI
      06-20-2009 02:04 PM #7
      Don't know how many of you get games on the TV with Setanta, but this kind of sucks. I'm sure those games will just get picked up by somebody else, but probably not here in North America.
      I hardly ever watch the EPL anyway...I'm manly concerned with any long term impact on Special 1

10. 06-20-2009 02:26 PM #8
      tevez is off! so, who is united to bring in?.. Benzema, Torres, Etoo, Villa, Ribery, Young, Costa, Aguero, Valencia or Robben!?!?! I believe this summer they will sign two of these players listed. Id like to see Villa and Benzema or Ribery and Benzema arriving.

06-20-2009 03:22 PM #9
      tevez is off! so, who is united to bring in?.. Benzema, Torres, Etoo, Villa, Ribery, Young, Costa, Aguero, Valencia or Robben!?!?! I believe this summer they will sign two of these players listed. Id like to see Villa and Benzema or Ribery and Benzema arriving.

villa was labeled by valencia that he is not for sale anymore, ribery is staying at bayern and torres won't leave liverpool.
      i hope benzema does not go there, i love him and he'd turn into an instant douche

12. 06-20-2009 04:47 PM #10
      villa was labeled by valencia that he is not for sale anymore, ribery is staying at bayern and torres won't leave liverpool.
      i hope benzema does not go there, i love him and he'd turn into an instant douche

well man u has 100mil to spend this summer, i couldnt say that a troubled side like valencia or any other club could refuse a piece of that. lets say man u get benzema and villa for the money they got for ronaldo, in my opinion that would be better deal for the team. however, money talks and this time i rather be told that man u bought their success than ronaldo being the factor.
      when u say "i love him and he'd turn into an instant douche" do you find him douche because you think that arrogance may kick in?

13. 06-20-2009 08:28 PM #11
      Llorente at Valencia said Villa is not for sale...unless a crazy offer comes their way. I don't think 100M Euros gets both Karim and David.
      Samuel Eto'o?

Modified by ^andy^ at 5:44 PM 6-20-2009

Cars
      08 Passat Wagon 2.0T
      06-21-2009 12:42 PM #12
      The 32-Page Brochure for Michael Owen. Interesting way of advertising a player. Think a Prem side will pick him up?

15. 06-22-2009 09:39 AM #13
      Heh, not sure how much more that'll do to convince aynone, but it certainly can't hurt. Kudos to whoever is responsible for that for trying to cover some new ground.
      Though they forgot page 33, the disclaimer stating that future claims in there are unsubstantiated and most likely false.

16. Member
      06-22-2009 03:15 PM #14
      With ESPN winning the rights for 46 games, will those games be broadcast in the States? The article on Soccernet seems to say no, but it's not clear.
      Any thoughts?

06-22-2009 03:18 PM #15
      it says espn in the uk, not america. i doubt they'd broadcast them instead of womens softball and stupid garbage like they play here [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif[/IMG]

18. 06-22-2009 05:34 PM #16
      So I'm assuming Setanta is going completely belly up then? We in the states need someone to pick up their games or we're SOL for broadcast?

06-22-2009 05:35 PM #17
      Quote, originally posted by Jonny123 »
      So I'm assuming Setanta is going completely belly up then? We in the states need someone to pick up their games or we're SOL for broadcast?

i'll just be watching on fsc as usual [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

20. 06-22-2009 08:54 PM #18
      But they had only half the games since Setanta struck the TV deal a bit ago...?

21. 06-23-2009 12:38 AM #19
      ESPN will share rights with GolTV on La Liga:
      ESPN said on Monday that it will start sharing U.S. television rights to Spain’s La Liga with GolTV, which has broadcast the league for the past six seasons.
      ESPN2 will televise about 20 matches per season, and ESPN Deportes two or three per weekend of league play for a total of at least 95. At least 114 matches per season will be available online on ESPN360. ESPN’s networks will also share rights to Spain’s Copa del Rey.

22. Member
      Cars
      2001 Golf TDI
      06-23-2009 12:55 AM #20
      Hmm... you'd think if they start showing La Liga on ESPN2, they should show EPL as well if it's possible. But that's not what it sounds like yet.
      I wonder how they'll split it with GolTV. Obviously Barca and Real are big draws, but outside of that there's a huge gap in quality. I'm it's great for ESPN Deportes viewership, but those games were huge for GolTV, why would they give that up?
      I was kind of hoping ESPN would pick up the Bundesliga rights when they were just up but no luck. But I think Tommy Smyth would quit before he did commentary for Bundesliga coverage (Hey! Two birds, one stone. IMO, anyway )

23. 06-24-2009 02:50 AM #21
      Well unlike the EPL La Liga does not have the big 4, as you allude we only have the big 2. I think you will be surprised by the quality of play that the mid-table teams bring. A totally different game from the Premiership for sure.

24. Member
      06-25-2009 01:21 PM #22
      Quote, originally posted by Weakness »
      b]Wolverhampton Wanderers

YEAH! We in the premiership!
      Soon to be relegated at the end again though

Cars
      87 Sheep Dog
      07-01-2009 08:09 AM #23
      birmingham, burnley and wigan first three fixtures for united.. maybe united get a good start this time around!

Yeah and the EPL isn't showing any favoritism to them by setting up that "random schedule."
      DCI VW | dt, at, lt <3 | The Celtic Football Club

Cars
      87 Sheep Dog
      07-01-2009 08:13 AM #24

Quote, originally posted by Jonny123 &raquo;
      But they had only half the games since Setanta struck the TV deal a bit ago...?

http://www.epltalk.com/espn-ac.../8514

Looks like we have a better shot of getting games in HD but chances are FSC will **** up that deal with ESPN.
      It's a good move for ESPN here in the states as well because they have absolutely nothing to play Saturday mornings - early afternoons. Fishing? Poker? **** that. That is to say if they can strike a deal with FSC in the US.
      DCI VW | dt, at, lt <3 | The Celtic Football Club

Cars
      08 Passat Wagon 2.0T
      07-01-2009 10:23 PM #25
      Quote, originally posted by JTiberiVR6 &raquo;
      It's a good move for ESPN here in the states as well because they have absolutely nothing to play Saturday mornings - early afternoons. Fishing? Poker? **** that. That is to say if they can strike a deal with FSC in the US.

I completely agree with this.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast