VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Not sure if this is the best forum, but I have to share....

7K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  sticks 
#1 ·
Did anyone see Valentino Rossi's win at the weekend...... HOLY HELL!
Now that is a MOTOGP race.
Fair play to Lorenzo for trying as hard as he did, Rossi could not 'get to him' mentally as he has with so amny other riders.
Rossi had to use everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, he has ever learnt to pull that off.
Bravo!
He is simply the greatest motorcycle rider of our time.

#2 ·
Re: Not sure if this is the best forum, but I have to share.... (Uk in NY)

Quote, originally posted by Uk in NY »
Fair play to Lorenzo for trying as hard as he did, Rossi could not 'get to him' mentally as he has with so amny other riders.

I'm not so sure that Rossi hasn't already gotten into Lorenzo's head. That move was the ultimate brinkmanship gut check, and Jorge lost, smiles and handshakes can't change that.
Lorenzo needs to push Rossi back hard or prepare for his future as an underling.

#3 ·
i just finished watching a BBC recording of the race here at work, and HOLY HELL my coworkers think im insane because i damn near fell out of my chair (just like the BBC announcer did earlier in the race)
came here and was going to post essentially this exact thread. props to the doctor. he said after the race that he thinks he dreamed that last pass.
bonus points for three-way tying the championship points standing

Modified by sticks at 4:02 PM 6-19-2009

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.