Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
      Cars
      3.6 Vr 6 Passat 4 motion
      01-28-2016 03:16 AM #251
      Quote Originally Posted by rabstg View Post
      Hi All-

After looking thorough all the oil pump threads I don't see much on repair costs.

Anyone knows what a general estimate is for the oil pump bolt fix and anyone have it done in the DC area? If so where?

Thanks in advance,

Troy
      i bought all the parts my self, with the dealer discount 30 % . parts where 650 euro . i changed chains bolts , seals , sprockets, adjusters. no oil pump replacement .
      oils and filters another 70 euro , and my own work aprox 30 hours

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Cars
      12 Tiglean 2.0L 4motion wife, 08 Passat 3.6L 4motion mine
      01-28-2016 07:52 AM #252
      Quote Originally Posted by Panhead_speedshop View Post
      i bought all the parts my self, with the dealer discount 30 % . parts where 650 euro . i changed chains bolts , seals , sprockets, adjusters. no oil pump replacement .
      oils and filters another 70 euro , and my own work aprox 30 hours
      Thank you for the reply...

I called two local dealers, one said $2900 and the second said $1800.

A local VW shop quoted $1200 for labor plus parts.

I had no idea where those quotes stood amongst other people's experience.

Thanks again,

Troy

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

4. 01-28-2016 05:06 PM #253
      Just had the dreaded call from my shop. 2007 Audi Q7, 96k miles.

Symptons
      Rough idle, lack of power, CEL, random ESP, EPC, Oil pressure warnings. CEL codes throw P0016 & P0017 Crankshaft position sensor.

Changed out the oil and full of metal filings. They suspect that it's this wonderful little bolt.

Has there been any luck with Audi or VW admitting some fault and helping with the cost of the repair?

5. 03-07-2016 01:24 PM #254
      Does anyone know what manufacturers part number of the replacement engine you received had?

I have a 03H100033BX, but looking to see if a newer version, 03H100037CX will fit. Some say yes, some say know, Just wanted any clariication

6. Member
      Cars
      R32 2004 DBP
      04-15-2016 09:24 PM #255
      I do not ready the 254 post of this tread, so it is commun to have failure on this bolt if the car have 160k miles or more ? Or every car will have failure sometime ?

Sorry for my english im french

7. 06-18-2016 06:42 PM #256
      Quote Originally Posted by JHAYPASSAT06 View Post
      Please list VIN numbers for this engine failure so we can have something to research on our cars.
      Thanks
      Apparently nobody has ever published VIN numbers. Don't wait for VW as they fear a huge recall. They've got other troubles (2016) to worry about.
      For VW it should be easy because of stringent supplier/inventory control, but alas...

8. 08-09-2016 08:40 PM #257
      I just bought a 3.6l Passat 06, now regretting it. My check engine light came on as I was taking it to the VW dealership to have a general look over on it since I just bought it. Its at 93k miles. Wasn't doing anything weird. Revved high for a minute or two, but that is it. Nothing ever shut off, smoked, leaked, grinded or anything. Do you think I'll be okay? I sold my Forester, all I have ever owned is Subaru, and never had a serious mechanical issue like this possible. Should I go ahead and make my noose?

9. 08-09-2016 09:28 PM #258
      Should I go ahead and crash into a wall? Bought the car used 93k, dogged it home for two hours, rode it an hour the next day, came to a stop light, and engine light came on. I immediately took it to the local VW dealership. Car never died or anything, and revved right below 1000rpms for a few mins and relaxed. Even if it is a engine bolt failure, do you think I caught it on time? I read everyone else pretty much rode with the light on for a some what extended amount of time, or it failed before anything known was happening. I am a new dad, in college, and crap pay. Do you think I could get VW to help me out at least if I stage a sit in, set myself on fire in the lobby, etc? Lol the last part was a joke. But does anyone think I have any chance at getting help if I showed them its a known issue and used the, "I've always heard VW was a good company, so I decided to get a car from them..."

10. 11-19-2017 11:11 AM #259
      Quote Originally Posted by marhooba View Post
      Should I go ahead and crash into a wall? Bought the car used 93k, dogged it home for two hours, rode it an hour the next day, came to a stop light, and engine light came on. I immediately took it to the local VW dealership. Car never died or anything, and revved right below 1000rpms for a few mins and relaxed. Even if it is a engine bolt failure, do you think I caught it on time? I read everyone else pretty much rode with the light on for a some what extended amount of time, or it failed before anything known was happening. I am a new dad, in college, and crap pay. Do you think I could get VW to help me out at least if I stage a sit in, set myself on fire in the lobby, etc? Lol the last part was a joke. But does anyone think I have any chance at getting help if I showed them its a known issue and used the, "I've always heard VW was a good company, so I decided to get a car from them..."

I think your opinion of VW is about to change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cars
      2018 Atlas 4MO, 2008 3.6L Passat 4Mo, 98 O2M 3.0L VRT, '04 .:R32, 2014 CC R-line
      11-19-2017 11:31 AM #260
      That CEL can come on for a ton of reasons. Don’t stress over bolt failure just based off the light. Keep us posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011