VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Charlotte

9K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  tbvvw 
#1 ·
Saw on Fox news this morning that Kasey Kahne...Jimmie Johnson...Macos Ambrose...and Paul Menard will be at LMS tomorrow and I think Wed. testing tires. Anyone can go and if it ever stops raining I plan on going out there tomorrow.

#3 ·
Re: Charlotte (SoCal_SFVR6)

I went to the tire testing yesterday. It was a beautiful day and a beautiful site watching those cars get out on the track. Thought it was really cool that all the drivers came out to speak with the fans that were in the infield. Hope some of you were able to make it out...fun times!

#4 ·
Re: Charlotte (donthatejr88)

We are begining to contimplate a move to the area. Nothing definative, just exploring the idea.
I have been there on business several times. Seems great.
One concern that we have though. It is centrally located in the bible belt. As some of you may have noticed, hard as it is to tell, I am not part of the right wing evangelical movement.
Working throughout the south, there are several places, that while I enjoy visiting, I would not want to live there.
I realize that in a city as large as Charlotte, you can always meet and find people whose company you will enjoy. But on a day to day basis, how prevelant is the influence of the bible belt on Charlotte?
I have two small children, that would likely go to public school there. So input on the school system would also be appreciated.
Any experiences, advice, stories, etc. would be appreciated.

Modified by dannydesiliva at 11:52 PM 11/1/2009

#5 ·
Re: Charlotte (dannydesiliva)

Quote, originally posted by dannydesiliva »
We are begining to contimplate a move to the area. Nothing definative, just exploring the idea.
I have been there on business several times. Seems great.
One concern that we have though. It is centrally located in the bible belt. As some of you may have noticed, hard as it is to tell, I am not part of the right wing evangelical movement.
Working throughout the south, there are several places, that while I enjoy visiting, I would not want to live there.
I realize that in a city as large as Charlotte, you can always meet and find people whose company you will enjoy. But on a day to day basis, how prevelant is the influence of the bible belt on Charlotte?
I have two small children, that would likely go to public school there. So input on the school system would also be appreciated.
Any experiences, advice, stories, etc. would be appreciated.

Been here 13 yrs - the bible belt influence is only as big as you allow or want it to be. Remember, the CLT population has more than doubles in 15 yrs, and most or those new people have migrated from the NE. I have zero regrets moving here; great weather, good jobs, close to the beach and mountains, nice people...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.