Fourtitude.com - NASCAR Race Talk
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7475354555657
    Results 1,401 to 1,422 of 1422
    1. 03-26-2013 10:25 AM #1401
      What about Kurt to a 4th JGR team? I heard rumors on occasion about him possibly going there. I could see him going to RCR but I agree I think 2 of those seats are waiting on the two Dillion kids, and Menard is there and will be there because of his dad. RCR has fallen off IMO the last couple of years. Harvick has been the only relevant one there and I feel he's done that on pure talent and it's not because of the equipment. I forget that Burton is even out there sometimes. But I think if sponsorship can be found, Kurt will go to JGR if given the chance. I think they're arguably the 2nd best team out there after Hendrick. RCR is maybe now the 5-6th best team out there IMO.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      02 BMW 325I 5spd/ 97 Jetta/ 2012 Acura TSX wagon / 2019 Elantra GT N-line
      03-26-2013 11:26 AM #1402
      Staying tuned waiting for fines to be handed down from Fontana. If any....

4. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      '12 Earth F****r Limited EL; '12 A4q; '18 UBM Q3q
      03-26-2013 01:48 PM #1403
      Quote Originally Posted by gonzo08452 View Post
      Staying tuned waiting for fines to be handed down from Fontana. If any....
      Nah, no fines. Tony didn't bash NASCAR's precious Gen 6 car that makes DW cream himself whenever he says it.

If NASCAR fines Tony, it'll be probably $50,000. Section 12-A "Actions detrimental to stock car racing."
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      __________________________________________ #srtallthethings

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      03-26-2013 02:03 PM #1404
      Quote Originally Posted by b2m_vw View Post
      What about Kurt to a 4th JGR team? I heard rumors on occasion about him possibly going there. I could see him going to RCR but I agree I think 2 of those seats are waiting on the two Dillion kids, and Menard is there and will be there because of his dad. RCR has fallen off IMO the last couple of years. Harvick has been the only relevant one there and I feel he's done that on pure talent and it's not because of the equipment. I forget that Burton is even out there sometimes. But I think if sponsorship can be found, Kurt will go to JGR if given the chance. I think they're arguably the 2nd best team out there after Hendrick. RCR is maybe now the 5-6th best team out there IMO.
      A 4th JGR team will be Vickers or another NW driver. Gibbs has done a pretty good job at developing/finding talent, and they keep their drivers for a good deal of time. Sadler's a non-starter.

I say Vickers only on the off chance Mark Martin doesn't retire, along with Waltrip. The 55 car should go to Vickers after last year's performance.

Over in RCR, the next few years will be a big shuffle for them. Harvick gone. The #3 will probably come back with Austin driving (and not looked favorably by fans, I think). Burton's there for Cat money, but for how long? Menard's actually getting better (dammit). Richard will stick at RCR for 2 more years. Getting his grandson in the #3 in Cup will be his swan song. Then I guess RCR will probably merge with EGw/FS and become a 4 car team.

There's not a lot of strong car owners coming into the sport. Hendrick will leave HMS to his trifecta: Evernham, Knaus, Gordon. Petty... big bag of nothing over there. Roush and Penske? Who's taking that over- Doug Yates?

In the next ten years, NASCAR is going to go through some huge adjustments in regards to team management.
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"

7. 03-26-2013 02:22 PM #1405
      I thought it what pretty much a done deal Vickers was going to be in the 55 full time in 2014, could be wrong though.

A little off topic, but I'm enjoying watching Kyle Larsen. That kid is going to be the next best thing since sliced bread
      Last edited by b2m_vw; 03-26-2013 at 02:35 PM.

8. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      03-26-2013 10:05 PM #1406
      Called it.
      CUP: No Penalties From Fontana
      http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/cu...-nascar-sprint

Cars
      03-27-2013 01:32 AM #1407
      I thought it what pretty much a done deal Vickers was going to be in the 55 full time in 2014, could be wrong though.

A little off topic, but I'm enjoying watching Kyle Larsen. That kid is going to be the next best thing since sliced bread
      Yeah. The kid can drive. And, he's Smoke's boy so he's in with Harvick as well.

10. 04-08-2013 01:58 PM #1408
      Sunday's race wasn't too bad, I was impressed with Danica, fighting her way back from at least 1 lap down (maybe 2?) to finish on the lead lap in 12th. Without Hamlin, there wasn't much competition for JJ, but Martin did a good job filling in and getting a top 10 for the 11 car.

11. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      04-08-2013 02:20 PM #1409
      Martin got lucky.

About Danica's performance: Look for some dominance from Hendrick cars coming up. That 10 car was an impressive piece during the race. The only handicap was Danica. It took her 470 laps to settle down and drive a normal line.

If NASCAR didn't tear down that engine in the #10, SHR got either a) away with cheating or b) a HMS experimental engine test.

05-05-2013 02:03 PM #1410

not quite done deal yet..its still in the works but waltrip yesterday was saying vickers is his first choice and theyre working on getting a long term deal with aarons to lock him in

Cars
      05-12-2013 01:21 PM #1411
      wow! JGR is on a tear! What happened to the FR9 engines? There's been some chatter about not being able to keep up. Did TRD and Chevy makes huge changers duting the off season? I remember the FR9s being the standard power wise.

14. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      05-16-2013 05:37 PM #1412
      Quote Originally Posted by gonzo08452 View Post
      wow! JGR is on a tear! What happened to the FR9 engines? There's been some chatter about not being able to keep up. Did TRD and Chevy makes huge changers duting the off season? I remember the FR9s being the standard power wise.
      Chevy caught onto something at Martinsville. Let me rephrase; HRE found something, and that something was in a certain neon-green Chevy. The engine was replaced before the start of the race. Hmmm...

Toyota caught onto something last spring; remember MWR cars running up front at Bristol? I mean, MWR?!? Their drivers aren't that good.

Whatever they found, because of TRD's program, JGR has been able to capitalize on it right now. Toyota is head & shoulder's above the rest, and it's fishy.

Also, take a look at the LR tires. Goodyear has a super-soft sidewall, the tires are squished under acceleration. I've never noticed that before, and I've raced with some really soft sidewall tires before.

The Gen6 geometry/aero/whatever is not all it's cracked up to be. Watch the in-car cameras. Dale Jr. was lolly-gagging around last week, and still running in the top 10. My contention is that the cars can run X fast, but will destroy the tires and/or blow out tires, ending up in the wall. Therefore, drivers are racing the cars at X-Y speed. And the driver's aren't exactly singing it's praises across the board.

Evidence A: Brad K. at California (specifically). He raced through the field at the end to get a good finish. He's done it elsewhere earlier in the season. I think BK runs the car as fast as it will go at the end to make up spots. That's why Penske's penalties were upheld. Pull back the curtain, you're gonna get raped. JGR got most of what they lost back. 12 points? Meh. Money? Meh.

Evidence B: The fastest laps of the race are being made at the end of the race. BS. That doesn't happen when you're racing. The fastest laps are when your fuel loads are light, fresh tires, and optimal temperatures for fluids. At the end of the race, the battery is losing its power, all the oils are nearing the end of viscosity life, drivers are tired and have been in the same rhythm for the past 3 hours, and the track is slippery from 43 cars leaking water/oil on the track, not to mention the amount of track dry embedded in the asphalt/concrete. Rubber build up doesn't account for that much speed.

Evidence C: The announcers and media proclaiming how fantastic the car is, with the driver's lukewarm-to-warm reception (depending on who plays the game). I've never heard so much sunshine blown up my a** than with this car. DW rubs one (or 43) out every weekend. Even the COT didn't have this much "positive" press. It's like NASCAR hired Apple's marketing department. Whenever some team comes out and says "We believe in our driver and crew chief, they're not going anywhere," it's a pretty good bet someone's leaving, most likely the crew chief. Overly positive covers up a situation that isn't positive. Like when a girl says "nothing's wrong."

Oh, and Dick Trickle killed himself today. Please keep the jokes to a minimum.

Cars
      06-13-2013 12:58 AM #1413
      RIP Jason Leffler

Cars
      2015 Porsche Boxster, 2010 VW Golf TDI
      07-23-2013 03:40 PM #1414
      ESPN and TNT are out of NASCAR after next season...

NBC and NBC Sports ink 10 year deal to cover NASCAR (all series)

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. and NEW YORK (July 23, 2013) – NASCAR and NBC Sports Group announced today they have reached a comprehensive agreement that grants NBCUniversal exclusive rights to the final 20 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races, final 19 NASCAR Nationwide Series events, select NASCAR Regional & Touring Series events and other live content beginning in 2015. Financial terms of the agreement, which runs through the 2024 season, were not disclosed.

With this partnership, NBC’s 20 Sprint Cup race schedule includes becoming the exclusive home to the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, NASCAR’s final 10 races of the season, including its season-ending championship event which will return to network television in 2015 for the first time since 2009. Of NBC Sports Group’s 20 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series events, seven will be carried on NBC annually, with 13 airing on NBC Sports Network (NBCSN). Four of NBC Sports Group’s 19 NASCAR Nationwide Series races will air on NBC, with 15 airing on NBCSN.

“NBC is known for being an exceptional partner and delivering outstanding production quality and presentation of live sports, as well as its broad portfolio of broadcast and digital properties so we are thrilled with the commitment they have made to NASCAR and its future,” said NASCAR Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Brian France. “We know this partnership will yield great value to our entire industry, provide a premium experience to our most important stakeholders, the fans, and help us achieve a number of strategic growth objectives. Our new partnership with NBC and the recent extension by FOX validate the strength of our fan base and the many bold steps we have taken the last several years to provide fans with better, more accessible racing.”

In addition to rights to NASCAR Sprint Cup and NASCAR Nationwide Series races, NBC has also obtained exclusive rights to practice and qualifying sessions for NBC’s national series events during their portion of the season, as well as rights to broadcast the NASCAR K&N Series, NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour, NASCAR Toyota (Mexico) Series, the NASCAR Hall of Fame induction ceremony and NASCAR’s season-ending banquets. Further, NBC has been granted Spanish-language rights, certain video-on-demand rights and exclusive TV Everywhere rights for its NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and NASCAR Nationwide Series events.

“Acquiring the rights and bringing NASCAR back to NBC comes at an important point in time for NBC Sports Network, NBC, and all of our distributors and affiliates,” said NBC Sports Group Chairman, Mark Lazarus. “We look forward to working with Brian and his management team, who have brought a renewed focus to NASCAR's intersection of sports and technology.”

“We are excited about the cross-promotional opportunities NBC provides, especially in the timeframes right before NBC’s NASCAR schedule and during the Chase,” said NASCAR VP of Broadcasting and Productions, Steve Herbst. “We’re confident NBC will utilize its powerful Championship Season lineup, including the NHL Playoffs, Premier League, the French Open, the Kentucky Derby and other events, to build interest and excitement for NASCAR. Those opportunities, combined with the opportunity to lead into the number one show on television – NBC’s Sunday Night Football – for select Chase races, were both very attractive prospects when considering this partnership.”

Summary of key NBC Sports Group Exclusive Rights – 2015-2024:
      · Final 20 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races (7 on NBC, 13 on NBCSN)
      · Final 19 NASCAR Nationwide Series races (4 on NBC, 15 on NBCSN)
      · NASCAR K&N Series and NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour events
      · NASCAR Toyota (Mexico) Series events
      · NASCAR Hall of Fame induction ceremony and season-ending banquets
      · ‘TV Everywhere’ live-streaming rights for NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and NASCAR Nationwide Series
      · Spanish-language broadcast rights on Telemundo and Mun2 for national series events and NASCAR Toyota (Mexico) Series

17. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      07-23-2013 04:01 PM #1415
      awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. f.

Cars
      2012 VW Golf Diesel Woes Edition .. 1983 Audi UrQuattro
      08-14-2013 08:52 PM #1416
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. f.
      Yeah i'm gonna have to do some googlin' to source this station.

Cars
      09-24-2013 02:26 PM #1417
      Seems like the NASCAR discussion thread has moved over to TCL

20. 10-07-2013 11:48 PM #1418
      Jeff Gordon is the best hands down.

21. Member
      Cars
      97 Ram 1500
      01-27-2016 08:11 AM #1419
      I know NASCAR isn't considered to be wildly popular among car enthusiasts, but c'mon, not a single post in over two years? Where are my fellow rednecks at?
      Keep Calm & Chive On

FKA gti_r_done

22. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      01-27-2016 05:04 PM #1420
      Quote Originally Posted by cramerica View Post
      I know NASCAR isn't considered to be wildly popular among car enthusiasts, but c'mon, not a single post in over two years? Where are my fellow rednecks at?
      psst...

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...sing-the-Torch

23. Member
      Cars
      97 Ram 1500
      01-28-2016 07:16 AM #1421
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      Thanks
      Keep Calm & Chive On

FKA gti_r_done

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7475354555657