VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

NASCAR Race Talk

314K views 1K replies 45 participants last post by  alexthomas14355 
#1 ·
I figure we need a catch-all thread.
So, 5 laps at California and rain caution.

I still can't belive Im not there.

See less See more
#77 ·
Re: (SoCal_SFVR6)

So Atlanta is this weekend, who's going to win? We all know Edwards and Johnson run good here, so they are probably the favorites.
The guys who need to have a good race, Jr - 29th in pts, Logano - 32nd in pts, Newman - 33rd in pts, and believe it or not Mark Martin who is 34th in pts. Speed also needs to pick it up, he is 37th in pts. This is race 4 and Bristol will be the last race for a lot of these teams to be locked in.

#78 ·
Re: (b2m_vw)

Man, who knows. There are a lot of surprises this season. When you have two MWR cars in the top 12, you know something is not right. I'm still pulling for either Ragan or McMurray to get a win. I was surpirsed to see Clint in the #2 spot. They never talk about him during the broadcasts and he's not really a crowd or media favorite. He just sort of sneeks up in the standings. So yeah....who knows. I just want to see a great race http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#84 ·
Re: (gonzo08452)

just watched the craftsman truck race. WHEW that was fun
kyle busch vs kevin harvick, vs todd bodine
restart with about 5 laps left
busch loses both second and third gear on the restart, falls back to 8-10th
harvick riding bodines bumper, trying to find a way by
3 laps left
all of a sudden, kyle busch claws his way back
goes high on harvick, sideways out of turn 4
goes low on bodine, sideways into turn 1
1 lap left, harvick sitting right on busch's bumper
harvick peaks down low, busch slams the door shut, tail hanging wide out of turn 2
harvick 3 truck lengths back going into 3, busch is loose but hangs on for the win!
wow, probably the craziest win i've ever seen, with half a transmission grenaded.

#85 ·
sometimes i wish sprint cup races were as short and entertaining as the truck series
for the sprint cup race i'll pick either of the busch brothers. dark horse would be bobby labonte in the 96 hall of fame racing fusion. he finished 5th last week and labonte OWNS atlanta. should be a good one, atlanta is one of my favorites

Modified by theshmoes at 1:03 PM 3-7-2009

#86 ·
Re: (theshmoes)

Quote, originally posted by theshmoes »
sometimes i wish sprint cup races were as short and entertaining as the truck series
for the sprint cup race i'll pick either of the busch brothers. dark horse would be bobby labonte in the 96 hall of fame racing fusion. he finished 5th last week and labonte OWNS atlanta. should be a good one, atlanta is one of my favorites

Modified by theshmoes at 1:03 PM 3-7-2009

I agree with you about the races being shorter. I think the Truck series puts on the best show of all 3. The races today was a good one, yeah that was impressive to see Rowdy go from 2nd on the restart with about 8 to go, within a lap down to around 9th or so, then back to the lead with a couple to go.

#94 ·

Quote, originally posted by b2m_vw »
Even though I took Busch earlier in the week, I was pulling for Vickers up until the caution came out. Vickers is going to make the chase, and he will win this year.

oh, for sure. i wonder if vickers had taken just two tires could he hold off busch? carl edwards was surprisingly competitive with just two right sides. he didnt fall back as much as i thought he would.

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif to allmendinger, top 20 in points.
for mark martin. the bad luck continues.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif to jeff gordon, another second place but you'll get that win soon!
overall, pretty entertaining race. i'm a mopar fan so i'm happy when any dodge wins. of course, a last lap busch brothers battle would've been nice, but you can't have it all!

#96 ·
Re: (theshmoes)

Quote, originally posted by theshmoes »

oh, for sure. i wonder if vickers had taken just two tires could he hold off busch? carl edwards was surprisingly competitive with just two right sides. he didnt fall back as much as i thought he would.

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif to allmendinger, top 20 in points.

for mark martin. the bad luck continues.

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif to jeff gordon, another second place but you'll get that win soon!
overall, pretty entertaining race. i'm a mopar fan so i'm happy when any dodge wins. of course, a last lap busch brothers battle would've been nice, but you can't have it all!

Sucks for Martin. I know its still very early but man, they came in with such high expectations and were expected to win right from the start. Props to Gordon despite clutch issues http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif I'm starting to worry about the Dale and Tony Jr combo. Something is not right.

Modified by gonzo08452 at 9:05 AM 3-9-2009

#97 ·
Re: (gonzo08452)

Quote, originally posted by gonzo08452 »

I'm starting to worry about the Dale and Tony Jr combo. Something is not right.

Modified by gonzo08452 at 9:05 AM 3-9-2009

I'm over it
Being a big Jr fan I'm very disappointed about the last two years. Nothing against Hendrick, because that's not the problem. Jr's attitude has got to change. The thing that pulled me to become a Jr fan was his attitude when he came into the cup series. He thought he was bad a** and he drove that way. He moved people over, drove aggressively, and won races. Over the past couple of years he has become so freakin soft, more worried about how much respect he's getting out on the track, racing cautiously, trying not to piss anyone off. I guess that's what pulling me towards Rowdy, he's out to win, doesn't care who he pisses off, and will race you hard every lap. Jr used to be that way, not anymore. I'm starting to think he peaked in 2003.

Modified by b2m_vw at 11:33 AM 3-9-2009

#98 ·

Quote, originally posted by b2m_vw »
I'm over it
Being a big Jr fan I'm very disappointed about the last two years. Nothing against Hendrick, because that's not the problem. Jr's attitude has got to change. The thing that pulled me to become a Jr fan was his attitude when he came into the cup series. He thought he was bad a** and he drove that way. He moved people over, drove aggressively, and won races. Over the past couple of years he has become so freakin soft, more worried about how much respect he's getting out on the track, racing cautiously, trying not to piss anyone off. I guess that's what pulling me towards Rowdy, he's out to win, doesn't care who he pisses off, and will race you hard every lap. Jr used to be that way, not anymore. I'm starting to think he peaked in 2003.

DUDE, my feelings exactly. I put alot of blame on Tony Jr too, though. Darian Grubb should have been Jr's crew chief. I mean, what happens when Jrs contract is up at Hendrick and he has 2 or 3 wins? Looks like it's going to happen.

#101 ·
Re: (SoCal_SFVR6)

So with Pops Eury -15 wins (6 of those came in 04) with a highest pts finish of 3rd in 03. 4000+ laps lead under Pops.

With Tony Jr - 2 wins, and not one season of more than 1000+ laps lead (3 season of 1000+ laps lead under Pops). Highest pts finish of 5th.
1 win came under Steve Hmeil at Chicago in 05.

Bring back Pops!

Modified by b2m_vw at 1:43 PM 3-9-2009

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.