VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

NASCAR Race Talk

314K views 1K replies 45 participants last post by  alexthomas14355 
#1 ·
I figure we need a catch-all thread.
So, 5 laps at California and rain caution.

I still can't belive Im not there.

See less See more
#27 ·
Re: NASCAR Race Talk (b2m_vw)

Quote, originally posted by b2m_vw »
I can't stand the really anyone now, especially DW for Fox and Rusty Wallace on ESPN.

No love for DW??! Boogity! DW is the best part about the Fox races, imo.
Rusty and that whole ESPN crap show..... TRAINWRECK. Ever notice that Rustys ONLY....and I mean ONLY explanation for ANYTHING that goes wrong on the track is that the car got "Aero Loose". Im getting annoyed just thinking about that. Oh, and the freekin "draft cam".... I swear onetime they used the draft cam at Watkins Glen....

Quote, originally posted by gonzo08452 »
Yeah but...there is something about Wendy Venturini. Hmmm

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#29 ·

Yeah, there is something about Wendy Venturini that is nice
So who are your guys' picks for Vegas? Will Kenseth get 3 in a row? I'm going to say Roush will get a win, but not with Kenseth. I'm going with the Biff.

I always pick Jimmie, just by default. lol Kenseth winning 3 in a row wouldn't suprise me at all. He runs well at LVMS. I think it will be between Jimmie, Kenseth and Edwards.

#30 ·
Re: NASCAR Race Talk (SoCal_SFVR6)

Jimmie again
C'mon, Jimmie doesn't get serious until May right around the 600. Then they lay off again until a couple weeks before the chase to really get going. Right now is when all the chumps
get their wins and use up all of their luck. Jimmie waits and hovers over them like a hawk stalking it's prey, then at the right time, BAM! He has a 100 pt lead in the chase.

#31 ·

Jimmie again
C'mon, Jimmie doesn't get serious until May right around the 600. Then they lay off again until a couple weeks before the chase to really get going. Right now is when all the chumps
get their wins and use up all of their luck. Jimmie waits and hovers over them like a hawk stalking it's prey, then at the right time, BAM! He has a 100 pt lead in the chase.

Definitely true, but with the exception of last year, he runs pretty well at Vegas.
Jeff ran pretty well here last year too, before the "radiator incident".

#32 ·
Re: NASCAR Race Talk (SoCal_SFVR6)

Right now Jimmie is like Jordan. He'll let you think you're doing good and keep it close for a while. Then the 4th quarter comes around and he's lit you for 50+ and you've lost by 30 pts.
I think the Biff will be his biggest competitor this year, and of course Rowdy Busch. The one thing I like about Busch is that he's not a points racer, he goes for wins week in and week out. He's not one of those guys who goes out looking for a top 5 finish, he goes out to win and drives that way every lap. Which is also why he falls short when it comes to the chamionship.

#34 ·

Yeah, there is something about Wendy Venturini that is nice
So who are your guys' picks for Vegas? Will Kenseth get 3 in a row? I'm going to say Roush will get a win, but not with Kenseth. I'm going with the Biff.

defenitely Roush, but I'm going with either Mcmurray or Ragan

#35 ·
Johnson, is a great pick for the Championship. I'm not so sure about any wins in Feb or even March. He's like the Spurs of the NBA..not a whole lot of flash, drama, but built for the post season

Modified by gonzo08452 at 6:04 PM 2-27-2009

#39 ·
Re: (VDUBber91)

Quote, originally posted by VDUBber91 »
WOW, did you guys see McMurray DEAD sideways!!

that was awesome. They had an in-car shot from I think Waltrip and he was drifting along the back stretch http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#40 ·
Re: (gonzo08452)

I was away having a mini vacation in Palm Springs, so I had to dvr the race and watch it lastnight.
WOW! That was a mess! 14 cautions? Seemed like every restart somebody was sliding up or snapping around. I was pretty suprised by Jeff missing pitroad and Jimmie missing his box...twice and then the 48 hitting the speedy dry.
And whats up with all these motor changes and failures??! It's getting pretty bad. I dislike Kyle, but him winning from the pole or the back and at home was pretty cool to see. (punk)

#41 ·
Re: (SoCal_SFVR6)

Quote, originally posted by SoCal_SFVR6 »
And whats up with all these motor changes and failures??! It's getting pretty bad.

I think it is a symptom of no testing and no tearing down of the motors used on the test, and I like it.
I think it is gonna put the motor builders on a very level field. At some point, they'll all be throwing away their notes from years past cause they just don't apply. I think it is cool that they are gonna start taking chances with the engines rather than "KNOWING" what they have.

#48 ·
Re: (SoCal_SFVR6)

Quote, originally posted by SoCal_SFVR6 »
It's odd that Kenseth blew up 1 or 2 laps into the race and Edwards blew up 1 or 2 laps away from the end of the race.

felt bad for Carl. He drove a smart race and to have an engine let go with 1 lap to go? All I can say is WOW.

#49 ·
Re: (gonzo08452)

If Carl wasn't points racing
, he would've finished the race quicker and the engine wouldn't have blown up.
See Kyle races for wins, less time on the track = less time the engine has to blow up

JK though. That does suck for Edwards blowing up with 2 to go.

#50 ·
Re: (b2m_vw)

i'm amazed kurt busch finished in the top 20 with a broken valve spring. the crew had the hood up during a caution and i think i heard DW mention it.
props to kyle busch on the win. during the race while mid-pack, his crew chief was telling him how the leaders were complaining about a loose condition and busch snapped back, "well, here's the difference: THEY'RE FASTER." sometimes his attitude pisses me off but other times i just cant help but laugh.

#51 ·
Re: (theshmoes)

Were you watching when he made the pass on Bowyer for the lead late in the race. It was either him or his spotter came on the radio and said "Good Night Gracie" as he made the pass. You couldn't help but smile. He is arrogant at times, but he's able to back it up on the track.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.