Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
      Cars
      2 wheeled peugeot
      12-14-2009 10:35 PM #51
      the jury has been out on this one forever
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      First I would bag her. Then I would roll her fenders, then poke her, then stretch her. By the time I was done she would be stanced.
      Quote Originally Posted by butterface View Post
      Apparent insignificance is key to surprise buttsecks. Never let a perceived lack of attention get in the way of prospective rohypnol excursions.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 01-18-2010 10:50 AM #52
      i know the 4.2 isnt a pushrod but it would not be hard to redesign the topend.
      Not sure why you think you can just change the top end. They would have to design a whole new block to remove the OHV style heads and make a bottom end with a camshaft in the centerbore. This is why people joke about nascar motors and the 60 year old engine design. Audi would have to make an entirely different pushrod motor.

4. 01-18-2010 01:43 PM #53
      Quote, originally posted by 1stgen »
      i know the 4.2 isnt a pushrod but it would not be hard to redesign the topend.
      Not sure why you think you can just change the top end. They would have to design a whole new block to remove the OHV style heads and make a bottom end with a camshaft in the centerbore. This is why people joke about nascar motors and the 60 year old engine design. Audi would have to make an entirely different pushrod motor.

The 4.2 has an aluminum block-NASCAR insists that the blocks be cast iron or(in the case of the new Ford FR9) a magnetic steel alloy Also, the 4.2 is undersquare, and NASCAR V8s(be it stock block or purpose built) are oversquare to allow for the 9000+rpm that they turn-that's why the R8 GT3 has the 5.2 V10 in it-the 4.2 would have to be worked too hard to be reliable.
      And it should be noted that aside from similar external deminsions, the 3.6 V8 out of the Audi R8 LM/ALMS car has no relationship with the 3.6/3.7/4.2 V8s, and is also an oversquare design influenced(as far as what and what not to do) in part on the Ford/Cosworth DVF series F1 engines and Baretzky's own experience with the 1.5 BMW F1 engines and Audi's own 2.0 inline 4 touring car engnes.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 01-19-2010 04:13 PM #54
      I was quoting criminal mischief...sorry for the confusion, I agree wholeheartedly that they would have to develop a completely different and only usable in the nascar circuit, engine block. Not cost effective and pretty dumb as well.

Cars
      2015 Porsche Boxster, 2010 VW Golf TDI
      02-05-2010 03:50 PM #55
      I am betting that VW will enter Grand-Am which is owned by Nascar.....
      VW has said that Nascar is a "marketing" platform and not a place to develop technology - so the germans won't go for it..... VW execs visited the last Nascar race of the season in 09....
      http://queers4gears.com/2009/1...ascar/

8. 02-05-2010 06:31 PM #56
      i must say that as a young(er) lad, i watched nascar, because it waqs really the only type of racing that was on tv(no cable as a kid), i was later turned on to CART, which eventually turned into F1 and endurance racing. I have been to pocono once for a race, it was a cool experience, but i think it ended my days of being a nascar fan. it got to be pretty boring and repetive. that is why i am now a huge fan of endurance racing (alms), cuz there is always battles going on, close races, and lots of fender banging, especially in the gt classes

Cars
      Messerschmit Bf-109G4 Trop
      02-05-2010 06:53 PM #57
      Pocono is the most boring track on the calender. Watch Bristol or Atlanta and then make your mind up.

10. 02-05-2010 07:42 PM #58
      the only nascar i'd really watch is bristol or martinsville. but i won't really go out of my way to watch them. i'd much rather watch world of outlaws, or modifieds, true low budget short trackers...not huge boring tracks

Cars
      02-05-2010 07:46 PM #59
      Quote, originally posted by DubbersReject »
      not huge boring tracks

More evidence that you haven't really WATCHED nascar. Try to separate yourself from the sheep-minded way of thinking that nascar only turns left and ovals make for boring racing.

12. 02-05-2010 08:17 PM #60
      i in fact HAVE watched nascar, and watching cars run together in a straight line in a circle bored me, i gave nascar a shot, and after watching other forms of motorsport, i don't find it as interesting. i'm not bashing anyone who does, i was just stating my opinion. you can't sit there telling me i have never watched it, i have been to a large track in person, and i found it to be a bit boring. i wasn't bashing the short tracks, in fact if they're on tv and i have nuthin goin on i will sit down and watch them, cuz i find those way more interesting then those large tracks

Modified by DubbersReject at 4:20 PM 2/5/2010

Cars
      02-05-2010 08:19 PM #61
      And I told you that Pocono is probaly the poorest example of a nascar weekend. AAA speedway, Atlanta, Dover those aren't single file races.

14. 02-05-2010 08:23 PM #62
      i have watched a few on tv, and i can't get into them, i am just more of a road racing fan i guess. godforbid someone thinks nascar get's a bit boring.

15. 02-12-2010 11:48 AM #63
      I agree with u...the necks would just shun the euro car cause ( it not amuricun ) i want big block chevy woooo boy go nascar... sorry i just could never get into it

Cars
      02-12-2010 12:11 PM #64
      Learn some punctuation, then make fun of other people. D*ck.

Cars
      2 wheeled peugeot
      02-12-2010 04:47 PM #65
      Quote, originally posted by SoCal_SFVR6 »
      Learn some punctuation, then make fun of other people. D*ck.

dubs dubs dubs
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      First I would bag her. Then I would roll her fenders, then poke her, then stretch her. By the time I was done she would be stanced.
      Quote Originally Posted by butterface View Post
      Apparent insignificance is key to surprise buttsecks. Never let a perceived lack of attention get in the way of prospective rohypnol excursions.

18. 02-16-2010 11:21 AM #66
      haha.. with all due respect, I do quite well with puncuation. The typo was my intention. the point I was trying to make is that there are alot of closed minded nascar fans that will never give a foreign auto company a chance in their " american " sport...Look at all the fans who dismissed Tony Stewart because he chose to drive a toyota..The same type of people who got in my face because I failed to scream go junior! (actually I gave him the finger which didnt help my cause) at the one race I attended.Iam not slamming the sport nor every fan..I dont have the right, but I will be surprised when they allow Germany to participate in this american event...and yes Iam a D*ck

Cars
      2015 Porsche Boxster, 2010 VW Golf TDI
      02-17-2010 09:00 PM #67
      my parking spot inside Auto Club Speedway for this weekend's Nascar festivitas!!!!!
      showing some german love!

to see other pics of the EMPTY speedway today:
      http://s667.photobucket.com/al...esday/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123