Fourtitude.com - i got a question
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. 01-07-2009 02:28 PM #1
      what is the big deal about Moto GP ?? i dont get it. id rather watch AMA that takes place over here than watch GP or FIM WSB...i mean, i guess im gonna have to start watching WSB since thats where Spies went instead of staying in AMA, but i just dont get everybody is cuckoo for GP....any takers on this?? and on another note,Rossi...really....doesnt impress me...if Spies winds up going to GP in a year or two, people are gonna realize that Rossi isnt as great as everybody thinks he is. i FIRMLY believe that Spies will hand him his ass on a silver platter. im just wanting some bike conversation. im getting the itch for spring time and MX doesnt give me my fix for motorcycles.....haha.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 01-07-2009 04:12 PM #2
      If you'd ever been to a MotoGP race, the answer to your questions would be crystal clear.
      MotoGP is the pinnacle of the sport, not always the best racing, but the fastest riders on the fastest bikes.
      Ben Spies is a great rider, championship material even, just not this year. It'll be Miller before he sees a track he knows and the competition is 10x deeper than AMA.
      As far as him beating Rossi, i don't think he can now and by the time he gets the chance, Rossi may be racing rally cars.
      Do some research on Rossi, he didn't name himself the king, he earned it.

4. 01-08-2009 12:23 AM #3
      Quote, originally posted by franz131 »
      If you'd ever been to a MotoGP race, the answer to your questions would be crystal clear.
      MotoGP is the pinnacle of the sport, not always the best racing, but the fastest riders on the fastest bikes.
      Ben Spies is a great rider, championship material even, just not this year. It'll be Miller before he sees a track he knows and the competition is 10x deeper than AMA.
      As far as him beating Rossi, i don't think he can now and by the time he gets the chance, Rossi may be racing rally cars.
      Do some research on Rossi, he didn't name himself the king, he earned it.

i mean, that is a valid point, if i went to one, i might like it. i cant watch it though and thats what bothers me, cuz i love motorcycles. im thinking if i cant watch it, why would i like it in person, cuz other racing i like, i can watch it and not think twice about it. i havent looked at gp stuff for a while, but arent they only like a 800/900cc engine in the bikes?? and do top speeds of like 220mph or some ridiculous number like that for how "small" the engines are...i kno it wouldnt be this year. new bike. new tracks. he'll be good though. he always is. i read somewhere for the first WSB race, he set like the 3rd fastest lap time or something. nobody could believe it. haha. if Spies cant, give Mladin a shot at him. but, if Spies cant, i dont think Mladin could, no matter how much i respect him and love to watch him race. hopefully 1 or 2 years Spies will be in GP. that would be GREAT!!! Rossi just seems so damned arrogant when ive seen people talk to him after races and whatnot. thats mainly why i dont like him. all the guys who are in the top 5 or 6 spots in points can obviously ride, so theres no doubt about that, i just dont like his attitude, unless maybe i just saw him on bad days or whatever. idk. i was wondering if anybody else liked motorcycle racing too. i figured i wasnt the only one. [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 01-08-2009 12:14 PM #4
      Quote, originally posted by OneTruGeerHed »
      im thinking if i cant watch it, why would i like it in person,

The only racing that sounds better (and louder) than MotoGP is F-1, you just can't know until you go.
      Even the paint is so unbelievably brilliant, it's just an overwhelming exprience.
      Rossi just seems so damned arrogant when ive seen people talk to him after races and whatnot. thats mainly why i dont like him.

Rossi is the biggest personality in M/C racing, even uncle Bernie wanted him in F-1. What you see as arrogance is a fun engaging personality combined with a level of self-confidence that only a world championship can instill. He's the best, you know it and so does he.
      I think this video pretty much sums it up.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxyf4L4JRcM
      If that doesn't get you going, you just died.

Cars
      2002 VW GTI - 2001 Kawasaki W650 - 1975 Yamaha RD350
      01-09-2009 05:21 AM #5
      what is the big deal about Moto GP ?? i dont get it. id rather watch AMA that takes place over here than watch GP or FIM WSB...i mean, i guess im gonna have to start watching WSB since thats where Spies went instead of staying in AMA, but i just dont get everybody is cuckoo for GP....any takers on this?? and on another note,Rossi...really....doesnt impress me...if Spies winds up going to GP in a year or two, people are gonna realize that Rossi isnt as great as everybody thinks he is. i FIRMLY believe that Spies will hand him his ass on a silver platter. im just wanting some bike conversation. im getting the itch for spring time and MX doesnt give me my fix for motorcycles.....haha.

Perhaps you don't recognize or appreciate the technology or talent involved in MotoGP. It's the same for F1. Most casual observers don't even realize how monumental an effort it takes to compete at the top level(let alone win), or how advanced and fierce the competition is, both technologically and on the track. Remember, you're looking at top MotoGP teams spending in excess of $50,000,000 a year to race 2 bikes. Again, like F1, the budget dwarves similar racing disciplines. Top Formula One teams spend nearly 10x that each year to compete...
      You can like Spies as much as you'd like, but Vale is established as the best motorcycle racer on earth - 8 GP World Championships. If he doesn't impress you, then I don't know what to say. You can dislike him all you want, but if you can't recognize how good he is, I question your sanity and/or grasp of motorsport. If Spies ends up in MotoGP, if Vale is still there, I think you're gonna realize just how superb he's proven to be.
      Oh, and as far as not getting off on MotoGP, perhaps you should watch the movie 'Faster'.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2tndDENGxY
      Or maybe watch 'Birth of a Racer', which is about the Motoczysz C1.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COLvQEh5YtM
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motoczysz

Modified by veedub87 at 1:34 AM 1-9-2009

8. 01-10-2009 11:28 AM #6
      Quote, originally posted by franz131 »
      The only racing that sounds better (and louder) than MotoGP is F-1, you just can't know until you go.
      Even the paint is so unbelievably brilliant, it's just an overwhelming exprience.
      Rossi is the biggest personality in M/C racing, even uncle Bernie wanted him in F-1. What you see as arrogance is a fun engaging personality combined with a level of self-confidence that only a world championship can instill. He's the best, you know it and so does he.
      I think this video pretty much sums it up.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxyf4L4JRcM
      If that doesn't get you going, you just died.

im not a big F1 person either. haha i would go watch GP though i think. just to see it, and maybe seeing it live WOULD change my perspective on it. who knows. stupid question, but whos "uncle bernie"?? that video was pretty cool. maybe ill watch more on youtube and see if they can sway my feelings any...haha.
      [QUOTE=veedub87]
      Perhaps you don't recognize or appreciate the technology or talent involved in MotoGP. It's the same for F1. Most casual observers don't even realize how monumental an effort it takes to compete at the top level(let alone win), or how advanced and fierce the competition is, both technologically and on the track. Remember, you're looking at top MotoGP teams spending in excess of $50,000,000 a year to race 2 bikes. Again, like F1, the budget dwarves similar racing disciplines. Top Formula One teams spend nearly 10x that each year to compete...
      You can like Spies as much as you'd like, but Vale is established as the best motorcycle racer on earth - 8 GP World Championships. If he doesn't impress you, then I don't know what to say. You can dislike him all you want, but if you can't recognize how good he is, I question your sanity and/or grasp of motorsport. If Spies ends up in MotoGP, if Vale is still there, I think you're gonna realize just how superb he's proven to be.
      Oh, and as far as not getting off on MotoGP, perhaps you should watch the movie 'Faster'.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2tndDENGxY
      Or maybe watch 'Birth of a Racer', which is about the Motoczysz C1.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COLvQEh5YtM
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MotoczyszQUOTE]
      oh, i kno the technology is superb in GP. theres no denying that. its years ahead of AMA and its because the money issue. ama is more of a "grassroots" racing, where GP is just like F1. its the top tier of racing. i understand that. that is a RIDICULOUS amount of money. im guessing thats covering everything though from tires to traveling expenses, or is that JUST for the bikes??
      i understand hes good. all those guys are good. if they werent good they wouldnt be in GP. the reason im throwing Spies out there, is because until he came to AMA, Mladin WALKED all over the rest of the field. Spies came and has won 3 straight championships beating out Mladin. Mladin is/was the best in AMA. if spies can do that THIS QUICKLY, what hes gonna do in WSB and GP(if he gets there) after a couple more years on their bikes?? u dont think he'll at least give him a run for his money?? thats why im waiting to see if anybody picks up Spies in GP. u cant deny that hes talented too. maybe not AS much considering Rossi's been racing longer, but, we'll see what happens. ill check those videos out in the next couple of days.

Cars
      2002 VW GTI - 2001 Kawasaki W650 - 1975 Yamaha RD350
      01-10-2009 02:07 PM #7
      im not a big F1 person either. haha i would go watch GP though i think. just to see it, and maybe seeing it live WOULD change my perspective on it. who knows. stupid question, but whos "uncle bernie"?? that video was pretty cool. maybe ill watch more on youtube and see if they can sway my feelings any...haha.
      oh, i kno the technology is superb in GP. theres no denying that. its years ahead of AMA and its because the money issue. ama is more of a "grassroots" racing, where GP is just like F1. its the top tier of racing. i understand that. that is a RIDICULOUS amount of money. im guessing thats covering everything though from tires to traveling expenses, or is that JUST for the bikes??
      i understand hes good. all those guys are good. if they werent good they wouldnt be in GP. the reason im throwing Spies out there, is because until he came to AMA, Mladin WALKED all over the rest of the field. Spies came and has won 3 straight championships beating out Mladin. Mladin is/was the best in AMA. if spies can do that THIS QUICKLY, what hes gonna do in WSB and GP(if he gets there) after a couple more years on their bikes?? u dont think he'll at least give him a run for his money?? thats why im waiting to see if anybody picks up Spies in GP. u cant deny that hes talented too. maybe not AS much considering Rossi's been racing longer, but, we'll see what happens. ill check those videos out in the next couple of days.

'Uncle Bernie' is Bernie Ecclestone. He basically owns the business that is Formula One.
      I can understand that if you're not a big F1 person, you wouldn't be a big MotoGP person. There are some that just don't care for it for whatever reason, and there are some who just don't realize how high the level of competition is at the top tier, or that F1 and MotoGP even are the top tier. I mean, literally - I've heard people say 'Hell, I didn't know them Indy cars race in Monaco' and 'Tony Stewart won Formula One and that's why he's with the big boys in Nascar now.' Some think it's all one and the same because Indy cars and Formula One cars all have wings and share basic design principles - they don't even realize what they're watching. Same goes for MotoGP... 'Where's Spies? How come Mladin ain't in there? Did he crash out?'
      Personally, I don't see how someone wouldn't really care for the top tier of whatever racing they like. Perhaps they don't like changing from what they're used to watching. I know that I want to see the fastest men on the fastest and most exotic equipment. All the rest is fine, but it's all secondary(by a longshot) to me.
      As far as budgets go, those are the race team budgets for the year, and they cover pretty much every aspect. Soup to nuts.
      I'm not denying that Spies is good. That's not what I'm saying. What I am saying is that he's beaten people at a significantly lower talent level than exists in MotoGP. I can't say what he might do. All I can say is that Rossi has devastated the competition 8 times for 8 World Championships - 1 at 125cc top tier, 1 at 250cc top tier, 1 at 500cc 'MotoGP'(MotoGP as a name didn't exist until 2002 - Grand Prix 500cc 2 strokes were the highest level until Grand Prix was given a name change to MotoGP and the introduction of the 990cc 4 strokes) - and 5 more World Championships in MotoGP... 2 on a very dominant 990cc Honda RC211V. Immediately after winning his 3rd World Championship with Honda, he switched teams(largely to prove that it was not the bike, but indeed the rider) to Yamaha and rode the much inferior 800cc Yamaha YZR-M1 - and he immediately dominated and won 2 more MotoGP World Championships in a row.
      So from 2001 to 2005, he won World Championships at the highest level of motorcycle racing back to back to back to back to back on Honda 500cc two stroke bikes, on Honda 990cc 4 stroke bikes, on Yamaha 800cc 4 stroke bikes - and after placing 2nd and 3rd in 2006 and 2007(largely because of inferior Michelin tires), he became World Champion again in 2008.
      Anyway... Spies is very good and has much potential, sure. However, if you think he's gonna hand Vale his own ass, I think you're going to be very disappointed.

Modified by veedub87 at 10:09 AM 1-10-2009

10. 01-10-2009 02:45 PM #8
      hen i first started watchin motogp, wasn't a huge rossi fan, but thought he was a great rider. then i picked up his biography, and it changed my opinion about him big time. especially the when he made the decision to leave honda to go to yamaha. he is a tremendous talent, and i was really excited to see him win number 8

i also like the fact that he never has #1 on his number plate after winning a championship. he always hhas #46 (the number his dad always raced with)

11. 01-12-2009 10:12 AM #9
      Quote, originally posted by DubbersReject »

You could build a really good AMA superbike for what Yamaha spent on this front-end......if you could actually buy any of it.
      For a production based racebike you buy expensive parts from Marchesini, Brembo, Öhlins, Carbone Industrie etc.
      For a prototype racebike you send your CAD drawings to Marchesini, Brembo, Öhlins, Carbone Industrie etc.

01-22-2009 10:49 PM #10
      anyone else pissed nicky haydens switching teams?

13. 01-23-2009 09:18 AM #11
      Quote, originally posted by MKV2.5VW »
      anyone else pissed nicky haydens switching teams?

Are you not tired of hearing him make excuses for a multi-billion $ company?
      If he wins on the Duc, he'll achieve demigod status.

09-20-2009 04:48 PM #12
      Rossi is the man, There is a fine line between confidence and arrogance. I think he is the best MotoGP racer due tho the confidence he exudes. Here are a few videos to justify my reasoning. I strongly belive "The Doctor" is the Shumacher of MotoGP. #46 for life!!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfPM77TsGaA
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHhPH1oebvY
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...dex=0

09-21-2009 12:36 AM #13
      And BTW "elbows" will not hand "the Doctor" his ass on a silver platter... Also Laguna Seca Rossi set a practice lapt time of 1:21:981, where as Spies set a qualifying time of 1:23.104...

Modified by 92skirmishgti at 9:01 PM 9-20-2009