VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Chevy Trucks

188K views 114 replies 77 participants last post by  Gitcha Sum 
#1 ·
Any Chevy truck's around here? Surprised no one has started a thread for Chevy's yet.
6 inch BDS lift 35x13.50 baja claw's 350/turbo 400

See less See more
#28 ·
Re: (Mr. Dew)

Quote, originally posted by Mr. Dew »
2005 Checy Tahoe, its not mine its my dads, but thought I would share. I used it to tow home a 1976 BMW 2002 that I bought. : )

you shouldn't tow a rear wheel drive car like that; flat bed or front wheels on the ground.

#63 ·
Quote, originally posted by Mr. Dew »
2005 Checy Tahoe, its not mine its my dads, but thought I would share. I used it to tow home a 1976 BMW 2002 that I bought. : )

you shouldn't tow a rear wheel drive car like that; flat bed or front wheels on the ground.
Its fine as long as the driveshaft is removed.
Actually, as long as the 2002 was in Neutral, it would be fine. Automatics are a Completely different story

#40 ·
gotta love pre '98 chevys, you can sit right in the engine bay and work on it

#44 ·
Some of my buddies chevys

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._405954569584_649399584_4101655_6634222_n.jpg

^Ended up in a river so new big block is coming in soon. And it's going bigger, on tractor tires.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...557424907879_1602949631_1325533_7634299_n.jpg

^ Just finished being built, currently a pavement pounder till it's broken in and ready to go in the woods.
Have any more info on those? They look like pretty fun toys. :thumbup:

#43 ·
it's a 2wd but I figure I can probably get away with posting it here :)

#50 ·
95 s10 4.3 5 speed manual .. 3" BL, 31" super swamper SSR's mounted on 15" craiger "street lock" steel wheels, nice sound system, cb, toolbox ... O and a custom made brush gaurd ;) with daylighter spotlights (bright as F***)

The truck i dove to highschool, im in college now and have a 03 24v gti VR6 ... and i still play with this when i go back to my home town :D

#51 ·
Here's mine in different stages...

First day I brought it home.

Sorry about the fingers... I was trying to shield the sun.

Figuring out what I got myself into.
The guy who sold it to me said he bought it for his ex gf and they broke up so she came back and splattered red paint all over the drivers side.... I'm sure that was the case...:sly:

The bed was so rusted out. But luckily, it came with another bed that was not too bad actually, except it is blue. So we had to get the old one off. We are a tad *******, so we just used the tree and a come along... worked...

Future plans include another lift to get about 12 inches total. I would love to have it as high as the blue one posted by adriansaysstfu!! Maybe some better axles and a cheap paint job too.:thumbup:

:beer: :beer:

#53 ·
1980 K5 w/91 front clip and mildly built TBI 350 with sm465 on 2.5t Rockwells, full hydro steer, 63" leaves up front, triangulated 4 link out back. Welded rear diff, detroit locker in front, big ass Goodyears (~48")

My old DEARLY missed '84 Stepside with built 305 (not my idea, but it ran fawking great) with sm465 on 38.5" Swampers, just ~4" lift (springs front, shackle flip rear = no blocks:cool:)

2002 2500 with Duramax and Allison, custom built Dana 80 front axle, stock 11.5" rear welded and 4.56 gears front & rear sitting on 46" MT Baja Claws

"His and Hers" 4 door is also 2002 Duramax, but GMC and mostly stock. Exhaust, K&N, Hyperchip, water/meth, leveling kit, MTR retreads

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.