VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

8V Forum FAQ

215K views 125 replies 77 participants last post by  The_Hamster 
#1 ·
8V FAQ

Have at it folks. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Please only post answers in this thread.
8v Engine FAQ
8v Engine Listing

Modified by The_Hamster at 5:06 PM 8-27-2008

See less See more
#103 ·
Re: (Aurora_GL)

Quote, originally posted by Aurora_GL »
a cam with a G stamped on it does not make it the G-grind solid lifter cam that people rave abt. most 8v cams have that G stamp.

is this the same cus mine is stock standard from the factory

Modified by fourie_marius at 10:14 AM 6-12-2009

#110 ·
Re: (SpoolinJetta18T)

the caps that keeps the cam connected to the head. check out mine. it is a hydro cus there is 4 caps

Modified by fourie_marius at 10:15 AM 6-12-2009

#112 ·
Re: 8V FAQ (Coolwhite Fox)

help please.
i purchased a 90 cabriolet back in november. at the time it was running fine but needed a new tranny. i was able to drive it up onto the dolly though when i bought it. it sat over the winter and in the spring i did the tranny swap plus some other upgrades to the brakes and suspension. nothing though to the engine. now i can't get it to run. it tries to fire but it isn't getting any fuel. the pump is working fine. i disconnected the fuel line to the rail and had a friend hit the key and gas squirted out so that's fine. i've got good spark to all the plugs but it appears that the electric fuel injectors aren't working. any ideas on what could be causing them not to receive a signal? i'd appreciate any help. m_shea@hotmail.com
thanks
mike

#113 ·
Re: 8V FAQ (m_shea)

Gas mileage on the 1.8L 8v GTI's? Looking to pick one up, currently have a 2000 lexus es300 that gets round 20mpg :-( such a hog. Might consider turboing a 8v my buddy has. Thanks for your help and hopefully I become a Vdubber soon enough!

#121 ·
Re: (davebugs)

wow what a great forum. i have a question.i have a 1.8 8v CIS-E engine. i originally wanted to build a jh head with 270 cam, autotech valve springs, techtonicts header, all on a 2.0 block.
i have recently been told that i can put all my goodies into a stock 2.0 crossflow engine and wont have to do any wiring. is this true??????

#122 ·
Re: (Mean 'n Green86)

Quote, originally posted by Mean ’n Green86 »
wow what a great forum. i have a question.i have a 1.8 8v CIS-E engine. i originally wanted to build a jh head with 270 cam, autotech valve springs, techtonicts header, all on a 2.0 block.
i have recently been told that i can put all my goodies into a stock 2.0 crossflow engine and wont have to do any wiring. is this true??????

If you are going to stick with the JH head (or any counterflow head with CIS) then you won't have to do any extra wiring. The fuel injectors, intake manifold, and related plumbing will stay the same if you swap a 2.0L block underneath.
However, if you are looking to use the 2.0L block with it's crossflow head, then there will be several modifications necessary. Most people that continue to use the CIS injection do not use the crossflow head, due to the amount of modifications needed. In the end, it's a lot of work for virtually no gain.

#124 ·
i have a 1985 golf 2 door 8v motor the car wont start i was told that it could be the ignition switch so i changed all that everything turs on when i turn the key but the car wont start and the heater and the stereo wont turn off when i take the key ou...can enyone help with this problem

#126 ·
Re: (osirisipath)

This thread is not being used properly. Please post only information (ANSWERS) to question that are commonly asked. If you have question, search for it first, then if you cannot find a valid answer start a new thread in the appropriate forum.
Locked pending cleanup/revision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.