VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

8V Forum FAQ

216K views 125 replies 77 participants last post by  The_Hamster 
#1 ·
8V FAQ

Have at it folks. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Please only post answers in this thread.
8v Engine FAQ
8v Engine Listing

Modified by The_Hamster at 5:06 PM 8-27-2008

See less See more
#79 ·
Re: 8V FAQ (Coolwhite Fox)

how do i instal a starter on a n 8v manual

#82 ·
Re: (mk2allday)

i got my jeta to 205 km/h with 3 people and lotsa junk in the trunk lol, only mod was coilovers
Ok i have a quesion about the 1987 BMW 535i afm, does the digi 2 computer actually understand what more than WOT on a stock afm is? cus if you have the bmw one in there it will give the potential for more airflow, and i cant see why the digi computer would understand it, its not really meant for it

#84 ·
I hope this is the correct forum to post in. I am new to the boards.
I have an 1986 Jetta GL (Gas) Manual 5 speed, that will start then after about 30 secs stalls.
Also if you start the engine then hit the gas peddle it will stall.

I have done the following:
- Replaced Spark Plugs
- Replaced Battery
- Checked Air Filter
- Checked Oil
- Checked distributor cap (needle looks new)
- Checked vacuum lines
- Checked battery cables
- Checked fuses
- Checked Clutch peddle to see if it is engaging
Now if I try to start the car a couple of times I can smell fuel, then its flooded. So doesn't that mean its getting gas? Also the car has been sitting for 2 years outdoors. What else do I need to check. The Coil? Could it be the starter even though it starts then stalls?
Any help would be appreciated
thanks
D

#87 ·
Re: 8V FAQ (Coupe_88)

hey ya'll.... i have a couple questions....
one: i was told that putting type 3 subframes in my type 2, will increase my stance by @2". heard of this? and does that mean that i would have to get a type 3 dp to fit around the sub frame?
two: i got rid of my fox conv, how do i change my 'name' ?
thanks for all the info..... i should have gone to work already, but i cant stop reading..... its like car crack !!!!!
"this aint the first time i tasted pee joe rogan !!! "

#88 ·
Re: 8V FAQ (fox conv)

first off by "type 2 or type 3" you mean mk1,mk2 (mark 2) and mk3, mk4, mk5? for jetta and golf its mk1,2,3,4,5. and yes ive heard by installing the mk3 front subframe on a mk2(or maybe just the longer control arms) and rear axle beam you can extend your stance. but i have not seen this in person yet and i know you need longer front axles to make the longer control arms work.

Modified by Aurora_GL at 1:12 PM 9-28-2007

#92 ·
Re: (kamikazevw15)

Quote, originally posted by kamikazevw15 »
can i put a 1.8 8v haed on a 1.6?

Can someone Chime in on this?
I would also like to know what is necessary to put a 1.8L Solid lifter head on a 1.6L - 1.7L block.
IIRC, it is necessary to plug up one or two oil drains in the 1.8L head. But I would like an expert to confirm...

#93 ·
Re: (Jettaboy1884)

Quote, originally posted by Jettaboy1884 »

Can someone Chime in on this?
I would also like to know what is necessary to put a 1.8L Solid lifter head on a 1.6L - 1.7L block.
IIRC, it is necessary to plug up one or two oil drains in the 1.8L head. But I would like an expert to confirm...

Here you go, a 1.8L head prepped for a 1.6/1.7L block, click on the picture for more detail.

#100 ·
Re: (slow69beetle)

Quote, originally posted by slow69beetle »
my car idles at 800rpm and at idle it is 16 degrees before top dead center

GOD i hope your talking about ignition timing

but still too much, i was told 12 degrees advance for ignition is prime for CIS-E cars.

Modified by h00ters CEO at 10:28 AM 1-27-2008

#101 ·
Re: A/C Removal on power steering equipped cars!!! (H2091)

I had a question for you I asked Geroge of Toywagen and this was his response to using a stock non-ac pulley on a 90 jetta.... obviously there is a discrepancy of what will work......any further info you can offer will be helpful thanks
If you use the stock non-ac pulley you need to change the other pulleys as well(crank). My pulley lines up the belt with the crank pulley that is there already. All you have to do to change it over is change the alt pulley and belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.