VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

09A Tiptronic Solenoid Location & Function

418K views 172 replies 87 participants last post by  Omarllh 
#1 ·
I was asked to provide some information to a fellow memeber on the location and function of the Solenoids in the 09A trans. So here are scans of the information I have. I know they are big but that way you can save them to your computer and print them out for future use if need be.

Here are the torque specs for the valve body 8 Nm
Trans Pan to trans 8 Nm
Multifunction Switch to trans 5 Nm
I will follow up with electrical specs on the solenoids when I get more time.
Here is the electrical info to test your tranny

Modified by coolvdub at 5:21 PM 9-30-2007

Modified by coolvdub at 3:41 PM 10-7-2007

See less See more
#170 ·
Hi! I have a 2002 Jetta 2002 with a Tiptronic tranny. The transmission shift ok but I lost reverse. When I select reverse, seems like it's engaging. On a leveled surface, it will slightly move but if I press on the gas pedal it just rev and does not accelerate... Feels like the brake band is not fully engage. Could it be a solenoid problem?

#171 ·
hey all,

im trying to troubleshoot the solenoids on my transmission and im getting something weird

when i check the resistance at the plug boht N89 an N283 are out of limits. But when i check directly from them to pin 18 i get the proper numbers.

Am I doing something dumb or just missing something?

#172 ·
Hello everyone.
I have Passat 2003 1,8T 170HP
I just have open up Gearbox at service place because my car have kickdown problem from 5>4 gear
They have changed N91 solenoid, oil,
All part what have to be changed.
But still have the problems
Can anybody help me out please?
Thanks.
Omar.

#173 ·
Hello everyone.
I have Passat 2003 1,8T 170HP
I just have open up Gearbox at service place because my car have kickdown problem from 5>4 gear
They have changed N91 solenoid, oil,
All part what have to be changed.
But still have the problems
Can anybody help me out please?
Thanks.
Omar.

Here you can see what I have changed

https://photos.app.goo.gl/f264fd2hyRo57e446

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.