VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

12V VR6 TURBO DYNO

104K views 108 replies 28 participants last post by  dubbin95 
#1 ·
12V Vr6 Turbo Dyno's

as topic states
just give a run down on engine setups ....turbo housing...fueling...ect.

Modified by MySunRoofWorks at 1:38 PM 2-27-2008

#52 ·
Re: (DaBeeterEater)

werd, here is the link.........
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3601635
i have a profec b spec 2 that has a hi and a low setting. i need to dial in the gain, and "set gain", which is tough to do on the street without getting arrested.
i will tune that, and my methanol, on the dyno (although my meth really needs no tuning, i want to FINE tune it, and make it more gradual.)
overall, there isn't much to fuss with (C2 software) so i am more or less tweaking mechanical things.
i am hoping to do some high boost runs, and i may go boom from them. regardless, i assure you, i will have more concrete #'s than the ones i posted in this thread earlier where the boost dissapeared at 4300 rpms.

let's see what happens..........

#60 ·

i was planning originally doing 18, 20, and 22 psi runs. that was last week though, and the car was spewing out all of it's boost at 4300 rpms.
boost leak now fixed, we shall see. i have a ton of meth going in, and 42#'s with a walbro, so i should have enough fuel for a few ~ 24 psi runs, but i don;t want to kill it. so we will have to see how the AFR's look, and go from there.

#64 ·

Quote, originally posted by DaBeeterEater »
great power but it falls off up top reallllllly bad, whats up with that
you have any cams in it or anythign

no headwork, small turbo, stock intake manifold
Before power wouldn't drop as bad with a 130k+ mile stock motor but I think the motor just wants to breathe more then it could handle from the turbo

Modified by MiamiVr6T at 4:38 PM 1-18-2008

#68 ·

well, no new numbers. the dyno dude (an old friend) actually had emergency surgery do to an infection blocking his breathing, so my dyno time had to be rescheduled.
sucks, but he's ok, so i guess thats what matters.
will update more soon.

#70 ·

, SAE Corrected 407WHP and 375WTQ, uncorrected was like 424whp. 3.0L JE Pistons and arp rod bolts and head studs, 8.5:1 comp, stock head, stock cams gt3582R turbo w/ .81AR SRI, 3in turbo back. C2 software with 440cc injectors, and 4 bar FPR, 20psi... dyno looks choppy and afr start to lean out.. not too bad, i need a custom tune!!!!

#71 ·
this looks like the right place to ask for some advice. gettin ready to send off my 12v goin into my mk2 for a rebuild. my goal is 400-450whp. but ive got some questions, if anyone is willing to give me some pointers in the right direction. if so please pm me to keep the thread ontopic. thanks!

#73 ·
Re: (jettamkIII2.0t)

Quote, originally posted by jettamkIII2.0t »
hey i was jw i have a mk3 2.0t and at 18psi it ran 255whp and 278wtp. Is that good for a 2.0 or no thanks.

good #'s, but not a 12v VRT bro. start a 2.0t thread perhaps.

Update: 319 whp, 364 wtq, table top plateau of power (litterally) and AFR's off the charts rich. like, wash rings out rich. like, gonna kill the ozone NOW rich.
putting in the piggy back, and trying to tune the fuel down now.
will keep the thread updated asap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.