VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

12V VR6 TURBO DYNO

103K views 108 replies 28 participants last post by  dubbin95 
#1 ·
12V Vr6 Turbo Dyno's

as topic states
just give a run down on engine setups ....turbo housing...fueling...ect.

Modified by MySunRoofWorks at 1:38 PM 2-27-2008

#102 ·
Re: 24V Vr6 Turbo Dyno's (slc92)

Quote, originally posted by slc92 »

Me? Nothing performance wise. I did a stock rebuild b/c I was buring oil so bearings, bolts, rings, valve seals, gaskets, chains, guides, headgasket etc. are all new but def. not needed.
I wouldn't do a thing to this motor up to ~10psi except maybe an intercooler. The only thing I would do up to ~20psi is a headspacer and arp headstuds. Spend your $$ elsewhere. It's been proven to not be needed.

This is a true statement? I already got my headspacer (EIP 9:1) and headstuds, but no boost yet. Motor has been rebuilt as well. Your telling me I will be able to run up to 20psi? Wow this is making me excited. Don't know which kit to go with though.. Got hook ups for an arp kit, but the kinetic seems to be well done.

#103 ·
Re: 24V Vr6 Turbo Dyno's (LowLife)

Quote, originally posted by LowLife »

This is a true statement? I already got my headspacer (EIP 9:1) and headstuds, but no boost yet. Motor has been rebuilt as well. Your telling me I will be able to run up to 20psi? Wow this is making me excited. Don't know which kit to go with though.. Got hook ups for an arp kit, but the kinetic seems to be well done.

Yes, it is a true statement... rod bolts for peace of mind, read: "lack of self-control those tempted to turn the boost up a bit".

ARP kit or ATP kit, ATP you mean perhaps? http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#104 ·

Quote, originally posted by LowLife »

headspacer and rod bolts - and you can see over 500whp from a stock VR bottom end - the trick is to make sure you have enough fuel to get the job done
take note that at that level of power - it might hold for 5 passes it might hold for 35 passes - but it will eventually fail
but to answer the question yes a stock VR can hold a great deal of power

#105 ·
Re: 24V Vr6 Turbo Dyno's (Juiced6)

Quote, originally posted by Juiced6 »

headspacer and rod bolts - and you can see over 500whp from a stock VR bottom end - the trick is to make sure you have enough fuel to get the job done
take note that at that level of power - it might hold for 5 passes it might hold for 35 passes - but it will eventually fail
but to answer the question yes a stock VR can hold a great deal of power

Yeah thats crazy, but seeing as i would like to keep the car running regularly. Just bearly holding the car the car together for even 35 passes it is not for me. I want to have a healthy running car that has some really good power. Well i am sure things won't always be perfect jumping into the forced induction world for my VR. I am sure many of you can testify. And to answer the first question, yes i meant to type theATP turbo kit. So for example, what other things are you guys running additional with lets say a kinetic stage 2 kit? Upgraded fueling... anything else, or is that even needed? Thanks

Modified by LowLife at 9:47 PM 10-28-2008

#107 ·

Don't know why but never saw your last post.... some of the additional things I did:
Hardware: Mk4 ARP, Mk3 stock
Poly mounts: Mk4-VF, Mk3-BFI
Inline fuel pump: Mk4-Walbro, Mk3-MSD
Intercooler: Mk4 31x12x3, Mk3 26x6x3.5
DP&exhaust: Mk4 3" turboback cat del, Mk3 2.5" turboback cat del
Sw: Mk4 C2 630, Mk3 C2 380
Comp: Mk4 8.5:1, Mk3 stock
Gauges: alot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.