VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

12V VR6 TURBO DYNO

103K views 108 replies 28 participants last post by  dubbin95 
#1 ·
12V Vr6 Turbo Dyno's

as topic states
just give a run down on engine setups ....turbo housing...fueling...ect.

Modified by MySunRoofWorks at 1:38 PM 2-27-2008

#4 ·
Re: 24V Vr6 Turbo Dyno's (Das Bar 2k4)

this thread's title is 12v #'s, but in here it says 24v. so, i will post my 12V results anyhow.......
i have never seen this thread before, and i will be taking another trip to the dyno on jan. 5th, so i will have more details.
for now, here is some stuff for ya...........
12v, 1993 vw corrado. ~130k miles.
NA dyno...........
GIAC chip, k&n filter, TT 2.5" catback. 17" TT fat 5's (for comparisons sake)
turbo dyno..........
kinetic stage 1 turbo kit. c2 30# dizzy software. 3" DP back, catless exhaust.
before hp was 175.5, after hp is 264.4
before tq was 163.6, after is 239.9

this is the boost curve. it psikes at 10.0 and falls to 9.1

http://s44.photobucket.com/alb...2.flv
and here is a vid from the celly. the sound sux tho. if you can't hear it, pm me, i will send it to ya.

i am now running c2 42# fueling, walbro 255, intercooler, snowperformance stage 2 meth injection, 8.5:1 compression, new chains/guides, same turbo, and 18-24 psi of boost. i will post up more after the 5th

#5 ·
Re: 24V Vr6 Turbo Dyno's (Noobercorn)

ok, i dynoed this weekend, and the car was leaking a TON of boost, so, the car fell on it's face at 4300 rpm's, and stopped making power. here is the best run of the day.....

and here is all of them stacked together....

the ISV was the culprit, and has since been removed. car feels a million times better, and now holds boost all the way to redline, as it should!!!
so, these #'s suck, but they will be updated with proper ones soon.

#6 ·
Re: 24V Vr6 Turbo Dyno's (Corradokcid)

here is mine, it was not running all that great, 1 run was on 10 lbs and the other on 15 ish, on 15 lbs it was missfiring a little, i the plugs i had were to hot, im gonna go back here soon once i get my tranny back and hopefully i can get aroun 425 ish,

Modified by DaBeeterEater at 9:23 AM 1-7-2008

#8 ·

60-1
to4s, t3 turbing housing, .82 a/r
i think it would have been close to 400 if it was running good
i beat up on a gto that trapped at 116, and i was on 15 lbs ish
and a cobra that trapped 118, and i was on 18 lbs ish
ohh and that was with a 3.0 bottom end, i forgot, a week later it sucked up a bolt and destroyed the block, so now its got a stock bottom end now

Modified by DaBeeterEater at 9:42 AM 1-7-2008

#11 ·
Re: 24V Vr6 Turbo Dyno's (DaBeeterEater)

Quote, originally posted by DaBeeterEater »
yeah i just finished reading your post, you shoudl be upwards of 350 with your setup, but you little turbo and dp is gonna kill ya,

yeah, i know that is gonna choke things up, but we'll see. i stopped caring about the actual #'s a while ago. now, i want a nice smooth, progressive chart. and the chart i just produced sucks. but, with no boost after a certain RPM, it makes sense.

#14 ·

Quote, originally posted by Noobercorn »

thanks bro!!! i will post up more info shortly.

Both of you guyz get your arzz back at the dyno, this thread is starting to get interesting. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#17 ·

Quote, originally posted by Noobercorn »
i am trying to get there one night this week. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Need some new software... then I can see what parts I can break also on a dyno.

#21 ·
Re: 24V Vr6 Turbo Dyno's (DaBeeterEater)

We got quite a few Fl meets coming up over the next 2-3 months, hoping to meet up with some more of the VR guys from Jax/Gnville/Ocala etc. Check out what you guys have done.
As for the tune... yeah, I am eager as shytt to get my hands on it too.
Spoke to Mike some time ago about the 440's then figured... yeah whatever Deka 630's are sexy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.