Cars
      87 Sheep Dog
      08-02-2007 07:10 AM #101
      So's Keiron Dyer. 's for both.
      DCI VW | dt, at, lt <3 | The Celtic Football Club

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 08-02-2007 09:25 AM #102
      WHU and Newcastle gonna be able to meet on terms though? Weren't there evaluations for Dyer far off?
      What'd WHU put him at...4m right? And what does Newcastle want?

Cars
      2010 VW GTI
      08-02-2007 11:07 AM #103
      NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My boy is gone... the very first time I buy a kit with a name/number on it (where I always said I wouldn't!) and he gets transfered out!
      =============
      Newcastle agree £6m fee for Smith
      Newcastle have confirmed they have agreed a £6m fee with Manchester United for England striker Alan Smith.

The Magpies are in talks with the 26-year-old, who has been linked to a host of Premiership clubs, and it is believed the deal is worth £6m.
      Smith could even make his Newcastle debut alongside former Leeds team-mate Mark Viduka in a pre-season friendly against Sampdoria on Sunday. Out-of-contract Lyon captain Cacapa, 31, is also in talks with Newcastle.
      The Brazilian central defender skippered the French champions in each of their last five title-winning seasons.
      Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce has so far added Viduka, Joey Barton, David Rozehnal and Geremi to the squad since arriving at the club. But with six players departing and Kieron Dyer also set to leave, Allardyce has been frustrated over the lack of new faces. However, the club are hopeful of pipping north-east rivals Middlesbrough and Sunderland, as well as the likes of Everton and Tottenham, to Smith's signature.
      Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson had previously admitted there was plenty of interest in the player.
      Everton's chase is thought to be dependent upon them offloading James Beattie, while Boro's bid looks to have stalled.
      Smith has two years left on his current United deal but it had been expected that he would be sold before the start of the season. He battled back from a broken leg to play last season but the offer of a new deal at Old Trafford has not materialised. The striker was signed from Leeds for £7m three years ago.

Modified by Weakness at 10:15 AM 8-2-2007
      Step 1: Calm down about the CEL, embrace it, it adds more color to the instrument cluster

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Member
      08-02-2007 01:25 PM #104
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      I bought the Henry Red Current Jersey for the last season at Highburry for $100.00 2 years ago, know I'm beat.

Modified by Joe Delaware at 10:27 AM 8/2/2007

7. 08-02-2007 04:34 PM #106
      Arsenal over Lazio. Played with some real width today...and Eduardo seemed to find that ball every time it was crossed to him. Can't wait to see him get his spell during ACN time... [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      Looks like 6m is the figure for Dyer, eh? Random question - isn't he known to have a bit of a head on 'em...a bit too big for his britches?

8. 08-02-2007 08:33 PM #107
      Quote, originally posted by Jonny123 &raquo;
      Arsenal over Lazio. Played with some real width today...and Eduardo seemed to find that ball every time it was crossed to him. Can't wait to see him get his spell during ACN time... [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

aye, fukn work! i've read we played well but the defense looked very shaky. what's your assessment there 123?

9. 08-02-2007 10:03 PM #108
      100% agreed. I was watching it loosely due to work as well...but on a number of occasions Lazio forwards made a number of cutting runs that had our defense completely lost and confused. Their goal came from an ugly lack of clearances in the box as well.
      Can't really comment on individual performances though...

Cars
      2010 VW GTI
      08-03-2007 08:24 AM #109
      Thank Rihan thing is nuts. I laughed when the one defender took that kid down like face first when Rihan had that 1-on-1 with the GK when he scored.
      Step 1: Calm down about the CEL, embrace it, it adds more color to the instrument cluster

11. Member
      08-03-2007 09:26 AM #110
      Question for Weakness, Why does it say in your sig "screw Glazer"? I thought the family is doing pretty well for Man U, is there something that I missed? I'm a gunner so I don't follow Man U to much, even though i love to watch their games, very exciting.

Cars
      87 Sheep Dog
      08-03-2007 09:45 AM #111
      I don't think it's necessarily them worrying about the success of the Glazer family with Man Utd, but more so that he's a businessman who came in acquired more than 70% of the shares which takes it off the stock market. Man Utd had been and always wanted a publicly owned/traded team.

13. 08-03-2007 10:59 AM #112
      Did Glazer transfer any debt onto United during his acquisition??
      Also, Adebayor to miss the start of the season, most likely. I'm guessing Dudu will be starting when we meet Fulham opening weekend!
      http://www.skysports.com/story....html
      I'm not too worried.

14. 08-04-2007 11:26 PM #113
      adaboy Robin! trophy number 2 in the cabinet
      BTW Clichy has looked fukn awesome. **** off Cole, Gael is the man!
      http://www.dailymotion.com/vid...sport

Modified by VR6rawdough at 8:28 PM 8-4-2007

15. Member
      08-05-2007 11:06 AM #114
      I don't have FSN so could somebody let me know how the bad ManU beats Chelsea in the Community Shield? Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by butterface View Post
      'You gotta fast car'

Cars
      87 Sheep Dog
      08-05-2007 02:08 PM #115
      Chelsea played terrible and did worse when it came to PK's.

Man Utd looked on form.

17. 08-05-2007 03:18 PM #116
      Quote, originally posted by VR6rawdough &raquo;
      adaboy Robin! trophy number 2 in the cabinet
      BTW Clichy has looked fukn awesome. **** off Cole, Gael is the man!
      http://www.dailymotion.com/vid...sport

Modified by VR6rawdough at 8:28 PM 8-4-2007

I've been looking for a clichy jersey for sometime now... Wanted an ebay knock off, but can't find it. Might just have to spring for thereal deal...which is worth it. I love this kid. That run was incredible...
      And Robin...he's in for biiiig things this year if he can stay healthy. Don't think his injury from those cheap Ajax bastards was too bad... 7 days.

Cars
      2010 VW GTI
      08-05-2007 03:29 PM #117
      Quote, originally posted by Mr. Roloff &raquo;
      I don't have FSN so could somebody let me know how the bad ManU beats Chelsea in the Community Shield? Thanks

1-1 at the end of regulation. Went to penalties where United 3-0 Chelsea after 3 fine saves by van Der Sar. Congrats boys! [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      I have to say though, I had to find out after the first set of kicks since my TiVO was only set for 2hrs (the way it was in the guide) - DAMN IT! So I ran downstairs and practically threw my wife to the side to get the final results.

19. 08-10-2007 09:28 AM #118
      Oh come on...
      http://www.arsenal.com/article...allas
      edit: And damn it! Djourou loaned out?! F... It'll do him good, but I would've liked him around for insurance if nothing else. I don't think it's unrealistic that I could be cursing AW for this decision come ACN time.
      And Tevez seals the move...

Modified by Jonny123 at 9:43 AM 8-10-2007

Cars
      2010 VW GTI
      08-10-2007 12:43 PM #119

Tevez completes Man Utd transfer
      Manchester United have finally completed the signing of Argentine striker Carlos Tevez.
      The summer saga involving Tevez eventually came to an end when the Premier League approved the deal - thought to be a two-year loan. The 23-year-old had become a free agent when his agent Kia Joorabchian paid former club West Ham a £2m settlement. Tevez is eligible to play against Reading on Sunday but the striker is not yet match fit.
      His first game is likely to be the derby at Manchester City on Sunday 19 August.
      Manager Sir Alex Ferguson said: "Carlos has surprised us. We thought he would need more training but he looks in great shape."
      "It is a difficult situation to assess because a derby game can be frenetic. Once we know he can play, we can make a decision quite easily."
      Tevez's registration as a United player brings to an end a long-running saga, which began back in April when West Ham were fined for breaching league rules when they signed the striker and his Argentine team-mate Javier Mascherano. The Hammers' response was to tear up an agreement they had with Joorabchian - who claimed to own the striker's economic rights.
      But when it emerged Tevez wanted to join United, the Hammers, backed by the Premier League, insisted they should receive the transfer fee, prompting Joorabchian to take legal action. Joorabchian eventually agreed to pay West Ham £2m to release Tevez from his contract, allowing the Argentine to join United on a similar deal to the one that took Mascherano to Liverpool in January.
      Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore has promised to tighten the rules to avoid a repeat of the saga. "What made this an unbelievable story was an unbelievable series of events," he told BBC Radio Five Live.
      "West Ham were all-but relegated at Christmas and then Tevez scored a few goals right at the end of the season and they were able to escape.
      "It's unscripted drama and one of the things that makes football so interesting but in other ways it looks like a road crash in how some of the events appear."
      Story from BBC SPORT:
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr...1.stm
      Published: 2007/08/10 13:05:48 GMT

Modified by Weakness at 11:44 AM 8-10-2007

21. 08-10-2007 02:43 PM #120
      So essentially United has him on loan, or some for of a loan, right? Do we know any of the specifics?

Cars
      87 Sheep Dog
      08-10-2007 02:53 PM #121
      Nope. He's gone for good. He's a full time Manc.

23. 08-10-2007 03:10 PM #122
      For free? All it took money wise to make that transaction happen was 2m from Joorbachian to the Hammers??!

24. Member
      Cars
      2001 Golf TDI
      08-10-2007 08:54 PM #123
      Well I'm sure ManUtd are paying joorbachian a hefty fee still. I thought it was technically still a loan with the team option to buy at the end, but I haven't been reading up on it lately.

Cars
      2006 Ford F150 Lariat
      08-10-2007 10:54 PM #124
      TOMORROW!
      IT STARTS!
      AHHHHHHHZZZ

West Ham's gonna beat City!
      [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      Come on you Irons!
      r.i.p. roflwagen

Cars
      87 Sheep Dog