Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    1. Member
      Cars
      2001 Golf TDI
      07-12-2007 03:02 PM #76
      This Tevez thing is funny from so many different angles. I have a friend who's getting into the sports side of law... haven't talked to him about it but i'm sure he's fully up on it. As a Bayern fan, I remember that several years ago they offered Boca 20M for Tevez, only to be turned down - a heck of an offer for him back then when he had some promise but hadn't really actually proven himself. And then a year or so later he gets 'sold' to Brazil... at the time, it didn't make much sense to me not knowing what we know now.
      I heard a funny remark from a ManU fan recently. If ManU had just beaten West Ham at the end of the season instead of taking an early vaction, they would have been relegated. If it wasn't for Sheffield United being pissed that they're getting relegated instead as a result and causing a big stink, the league probably wouldn't be holding up the transfer. Like I said, there's a lot of funny angles to this story, this is just another
      I've always like Tevez though. There's just something about crazy looking short guys with disfiguring scars on their faces and messed up teeth. Tevez, Ribery, who else? Anyway, I've never watched much EPL but I'll watch a few more games this year with some of these players.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      87 Sheep Dog
      07-12-2007 05:31 PM #77
      They f'n sold Benayoun to the scousers! F that. They're going to be terrible this year if Tevez leaves.
      DCI VW | dt, at, lt <3 | The Celtic Football Club

4. 07-13-2007 09:21 AM #78
      And I think he will...
      Things get even more retarded, maybe not for Tevez, but Joorabchian.
      Money laundering in the Brazilian league? Oh no, that's a crazy notion...

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 07-19-2007 04:42 PM #79
      Man this threads gonna hit the archives soon....up top!
      Surprised that I could actually watch Arsenal's match today (albeit loosely due to work). Theo was looking very strong... Wenger played a bunch of the squad as well.
      Counting down the days til I have to force my body up for a 7am kickoff. Can't wait.

Cars
      2008 BMW 135i
      07-19-2007 04:59 PM #80
      The Chelsea vs. Suwon exhibition here in LA on Tuesday was great - Chelsea basically subbed in their entire team at halftime - ridiculous how deep they are compared to most teams I'm able to see live here in LA.

8. 07-19-2007 07:17 PM #81
      Quote, originally posted by Jonny123 &raquo;
      Man this threads gonna hit the archives soon....up top!
      Surprised that I could actually watch Arsenal's match today (albeit loosely due to work). Theo was looking very strong... Wenger played a bunch of the squad as well.
      Counting down the days til I have to force my body up for a 7am kickoff. Can't wait.

Yeah, Theo looked decisive and quick. It also looked like he added some muscle which will also help. Adebayor and Van Persie seem to forming a nice partnership even though it was against a sub par Turkish club. Will the Crozilian be playing more of an outside role?
      x923749237 for the season to start, can't wait

Cars
      87 Sheep Dog
      07-19-2007 08:43 PM #82
      I still can't believe I have to worry about 3rd party ownership & the Tevez saga.

Cars
      2010 VW GTI
      07-19-2007 11:54 PM #83
      I'm just sitting back and waiting for things to really happen... LA Galaxy v Chelsea as a warmup for the clubs? Nice Beckham hookup. No way Chelsea would come here for just a basic crap exhibition.
      Step 1: Calm down about the CEL, embrace it, it adds more color to the instrument cluster

11. 07-23-2007 09:32 AM #84
      Well Tiber...looks like you guys snagged Freddie from us. :sniff: How do you see him fitting in with the Hammers?
      So sad to see him depart, I was really hoping he stayed. That man deserves a testimonial.
      The rumored 5.5m we may have got from Fiorentina for him would have been lovely, but 3m is entirely acceptable too.
      Good luck, Freddie! I'll continue to wear your shirt with pride.
      p.s. Was it not like 3 weeks ago that Freddie was quoted saying he will not play for another English side outta respect for the Arsenal fans?? I don't really care...but...just don't say that kinda stuff when clearly the door was wide open for anything.

Cars
      87 Sheep Dog
      07-23-2007 11:58 AM #85
      I think it's great, truthfully. They have a steady & proven midfield now. The duo of Ashton & Tevez up top. THe only bit htat scares me is that the Hammers lack marking backs and Ferdinand & Green can't do it all.

13. 07-23-2007 12:22 PM #86
      So sad to see him depart, I was really hoping he stayed. That man deserves a testimonial.
      p.s. Was it not like 3 weeks ago that Freddie was quoted saying he will not play for another English side outta respect for the Arsenal fans?? I don't really care...but...just don't say that kinda stuff when clearly the door was wide open for anything.

Legend IMO did some much for the club and always gave it his best even when physically he was in decline. The only reason I'd be more optimistic about this move if we already signed a winger for cover but we haven't yet and that's a lot of experience to be losing with Freddie.
      All the best Freddie

14. 07-23-2007 12:53 PM #87

Agreed...on all accounts though. I know testimonials are reserved for 10-year and up players, right? But you gotta give Freddie one when all said and done.
      I do believe he has something to offer to WHU, and I feel our squad is noticeably thinner without him. I do expect Wenger to directly address his absence before the window closes though.

Cars
      87 Sheep Dog
      07-23-2007 01:18 PM #88
      My starting 11 for the 'ammers.
      Robert Green
      Anton Ferdinand
      James Collins
      Jonathan Spector
      Calum Davenport
      Matthew Etherington
      Luis Boa Morte
      Lee Bowyer
      Scott Parker
      Dean Ashton
      Carlos Tevez
      I could substitute these guys in with confidence.
      Craig Bellamy
      Nigel Quashie
      I think the American, Jon Spector will do good things.

Cars
      2008 BMW 135i
      07-23-2007 01:37 PM #89
      Quote, originally posted by Weakness &raquo;
      I'm just sitting back and waiting for things to really happen... LA Galaxy v Chelsea as a warmup for the clubs? Nice Beckham hookup. No way Chelsea would come here for just a basic crap exhibition.

Except that Chelsea did the same thing last year - no Beckham - they love coming out to LA.

17. Banned
      07-23-2007 04:38 PM #90
      Come on, you ****ing IRONS!

18. 07-29-2007 01:12 PM #91

Van Persie's goal to give the Gunners the Emirates Cup was fukn amazing! I like what I'm seeing so far from everyone. [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Cars
      2010 VW GTI
      07-29-2007 02:14 PM #92
      Again... no Beckham for the Galaxy. Hmmm... nice way to get the seats filled.
      Chelsea loses in their exhibition... its still and expo, but I like it when they lose
      Step 1: Calm down about the CEL, embrace it, it adds more color to the instrument cluster

20. 07-30-2007 10:21 AM #93
      Quote, originally posted by VR6rawdough &raquo;

Van Persie's goal to give the Gunners the Emirates Cup was fukn amazing! I like what I'm seeing so far from everyone. [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

So I've been hearing, another wonder goal, eh? Clip up anywhere yet?

21. 07-30-2007 11:09 AM #94
      So I've been hearing, another wonder goal, eh? Clip up anywhere yet?

highlights and interviews
      http://www.dailymotion.com/rel...sport

22. 07-30-2007 11:34 AM #95
      Again... no Beckham for the Galaxy. Hmmm... nice way to get the seats filled.
      Chelsea loses in their exhibition... its still and expo, but I like it when they lose

They're keeping him 'rested' until his ankle is 100% They better not 'rest' him against Toronto FC this weekend or a lot of people will be unhappy at the insane amount of money they've paid to get tickets to that game. I know some people are paying over $300 for a single ticket that would normally cost $15 if you can find one.

23. 07-30-2007 12:21 PM #96
      van persies goal was crazzy... looks good for the up coming season

Cars
      2010 VW GTI
      07-31-2007 10:33 AM #97
      anyone have a video of that goal?

25. 07-31-2007 10:58 AM #98
      anyone have a video of that goal?

highlights and interviews
      http://www.dailymotion.com/rel...sport

Cars
      87 Sheep Dog
      07-31-2007 11:12 AM #99
      The SPL and more importantly, Celtic's season starts this Sunday. Kilmarnock. This summer has been boring without football.

Cars
      2010 VW GTI
      08-01-2007 11:41 PM #100
      Damn it... by boy Alan Smith is in talks with West Ham and now sounds like Newcastle is in the mix too...
      SMITH IN HAMMERS TALKS? from Football365.com
      edit: just wanted that van Persie video... wow... now that was a slide step!

Modified by Weakness at 10:43 PM 8-1-2007

Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast