Fourtitude.com - Official EPL 2007/2008 Thread
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    1. 07-05-2007 10:01 AM #51
      Quote, originally posted by Weakness »
      Man Utd close in on striker Tevez from BBC Sports - WOW! I didn't either... guess the whole Torres thing kicked them in the pants.
      MANYOO TO SIGN TEVEZ - REPORTS from Football365.

Modified by Weakness at 4:46 AM 7-5-2007

hmm, not so sure if I like that or not.
      This part made me laugh though..
      "Certainly, Tevez's people would want in the region of what Zinedine Zidane went for when he moved to Real Madrid - about £40m"

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 07-05-2007 10:05 AM #52
      You guys should totally pay 40m. C'mon....do eet!

4. 07-05-2007 10:47 AM #53
      Cash rules everything around me, cream, get the money, dollar dollar bill yall.
      I don't understand why man u want Tevez, isn't he very similiar in roles with Rooney
      40m that's cheap nowadays

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      2010 VW GTI
      07-05-2007 12:07 PM #54
      New info...
      TEVEZ PLAYS DOWN UNITED MOVE - Football365
      Step 1: Calm down about the CEL, embrace it, it adds more color to the instrument cluster

Cars
      87 Sheep Dog
      07-05-2007 02:19 PM #55
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/h...0.stm
      What a bunch of pansies. Still whining about not being able to stay up. Say they stay up this year. What are they going to whine about next year when they get slaughtered again?
      DCI VW | dt, at, lt <3 | The Celtic Football Club

8. 07-05-2007 04:12 PM #56
      Yeah, it's a lost cause. Aren't they shelling out tons of money just to keep prolonging this thing?
      Whatever side you stand, nothing's changing. Prep for next season...that's all there is to do.

9. 07-05-2007 04:22 PM #57
      Quote, originally posted by Weakness &raquo;
      New info...
      TEVEZ PLAYS DOWN UNITED MOVE - Football365

Getting stickier...
      http://soccernet.espn.go.com/n...=5901

Cars
      2010 VW GTI
      07-05-2007 04:25 PM #58
      I trust ESPN's soccer news as much as a 2 month old gallon of milk.
      Step 1: Calm down about the CEL, embrace it, it adds more color to the instrument cluster

11. 07-05-2007 04:43 PM #59
      Same with sky sports I assume?
      http://home.skysports.com/list...+move
      Really though, I'm fine with ESPNs coverage... It's not like they're anywhere near the worst of the worst (read: The Mirror, The Sun)

Cars
      2010 VW GTI
      07-05-2007 04:46 PM #60
      Quote, originally posted by Jonny123 &raquo;
      Same with sky sports I assume?

Ok - got me. When you have Alexi Lalas as your head guy when talking about soccer, its sad.

13. 07-05-2007 05:00 PM #61

Heh....true.

Cars
      87 Sheep Dog
      07-05-2007 09:39 PM #62
      Soccernet is terrible. It's exactly that. For soccer fans in the US who are clueless. I hate that pick your region bit whenever someone refers me to an article on the pages. I hate soccer, 'cept for maybe the Soccer-roos.
      The media in Europe is worse than it is here, especially in the off-season. My guess (and hope) is, Tevez's staying put at Upton Park.

Cars
      2010 VW GTI
      07-06-2007 02:48 PM #63
      They're now talking about Tevez going to ManUtd on LOAN but it doesn't sound realistic. This pic is to assist in your daily vomit...

Cars
      87 Sheep Dog
      07-07-2007 08:21 AM #64
      I know he gets chicks with that thing.

17. 07-07-2007 05:40 PM #65
      I fell sorry for and commend and the same time the tattoo artist who got stuck trying to do his work on that giant slab of goop. He must have been a master of his trade.

Cars
      85 911 Carrera ROW, 14 F150 EB FX2
      07-08-2007 12:14 AM #66
      please God, let us have Tevez

Cars
      87 Sheep Dog
      07-09-2007 07:58 AM #67
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/h...4.stm
      "Wee man" is headed to WHUFC. I was impressed with him for his stint at Celtic but again, did we have to spend 7.5 mil for him?

Cars
      2010 VW GTI
      07-09-2007 08:34 AM #68
      Quote, originally posted by AbtSportsline &raquo;
      please God, let us have Tevez

*SLAP* ... *SLAP* *SLAP* *SLAP* *SLAP*
      What the hell is wrong with you?

21. 07-10-2007 12:36 AM #69
      i hope owen stays healthy and has a great season and newcastle can actually do something this year.

and malouda looks like a done deal, i HATE chelsea, there like the bloody yankees of footy

Cars
      85 911 Carrera ROW, 14 F150 EB FX2
      07-10-2007 02:10 AM #70
      Quote, originally posted by Weakness &raquo;
      *SLAP* ... *SLAP* *SLAP* *SLAP* *SLAP*
      What the hell is wrong with you?

bother to explain me why not?

Cars
      2006 Ford F150 Lariat
      07-10-2007 09:12 PM #71
      i'd prefer, in all honesty, to see Tevez stay at West Ham.
      if they could utilize them they would be a much bigger force in the premiership...
      I'd really like to see them do well this year... [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      oh wow... just read that you guys got Bellamy! grats! (i know this board is primarily United, West Ham and arsenal supporters...)

Modified by zwei at 6:15 PM 7-10-2007
      r.i.p. roflwagen

24. 07-11-2007 09:51 AM #72
      More on the Tevez situation...
      Quote, originally posted by BBC &raquo;
      The Premier League has warned West Ham they risk more disciplinary action over the Carlos Tevez saga if they do not receive a transfer fee for the striker.
      BBC sports editor Mihir Bose reports that West Ham face action if they do not "assert their rights" over Tevez.
      Tevez wants to join Manchester United but the deal has reached an impasse.
      Businessman Kia Joorabchian insists he owns the 22-year-old's economic rights but the Premier League says West Ham must receive any transfer fee.
      The confusion was created last season when West Ham failed to inform the Premier League they had entered into an agreement with Joorabchian's company MSI when they signed Tevez and fellow Argentine Javier Mascherano.
      The Hammers were fined £5.5m and warned that Tevez would be unable to play for them while the third-party agreement was still in place.
      West Ham immediately ripped it up - but Joorabchian claims he did not agree to that.
      However, the Premier League is now insisting that Tevez's transfer must only involve West Ham and Manchester United.
      Bose said: "There are voices being raised in football who are not all happy about the Premier League's role in the transfer.
      "They feel the Premier League, which is owned by the clubs, is exceeding its regulatory powers and accuse it of using bully-boy tactics to force West Ham to toe the line.
      "The Premier League vehemently rejects this charge. It says West Ham told them they had torn up the agreement with MSI and had complete control over Carlos Tevez, there was no third party influence of the player.
      "The Premier League merely wants West Ham to stick to this agreement and prove the undertakings they gave the Premier League still hold."
      Tevez and his representatives have already agreed a deal with United.
      Bose said: "The terms are he will go on a two-year loan and that a loan fee will be paid to Joorabchian's company of about £10m.
      "The player himself will get about £4.5m a year and Manchester United could buy the player but would probably have to pay another £30m."
      He added: "I suspect what will happen is that Tevez will tell Fifa that he doesn't want to go back to West Ham and the world governing body will have to resolve whether a player can be forced to stay at a club."
      It is understood Tevez's camp believe the Premier League can no longer act as independent arbiter in the case.
      The Argentine has already written to the League and West Ham to ask them to terminate his Hammers contract - a request refused by both parties.
      Fifa says it may be prepared to step in - but the matter would first have to go through the Football Association, which oversees domestic transfers.
      A spokesman said: "Fifa considers the Tevez situation to be a domestic matter and therefore of the competence of the FA.
      "If Fifa was to receive a formal request from any of the parties involved, it would look at the matter.
      "However, the possibility exists that we would still determine that it is the FA who is competent to decide on the case."

25. 07-11-2007 10:32 AM #73
      Moral of the story? Stay away from third party ownership. That's one sticky situation...
      Rawdough, where do you see Sagna fitting in? First team right away? Depth signing? Positional adjustments for Eboue in store? Gonna be interesting to see what Le Boss does with this...

Cars
      87 Sheep Dog
      07-11-2007 01:38 PM #74
      Seems too good to be true. He had bigger dreams than just being a star and starter in the EPL with a mid level club.

27. 07-12-2007 10:20 AM #75
      Quote, originally posted by Jonny123 &raquo;
      Rawdough, where do you see Sagna fitting in? First team right away? Depth signing? Positional adjustments for Eboue in store? Gonna be interesting to see what Le Boss does with this...

I also wonder what Wenger will do with Sagna. Initially I thought he would be at right back and Eboue moving into the midfield. But Hoyte's name has been in some loan speculation so he might be cover. I would really like to have a wide player signed and then I think we'll be set. You never know what the hell Wenger's plans are but they usually turn out for the better

Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast