Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 1 of 59 123451151 ... LastLast
      Cars
      2010 VW GTI
      06-24-2007 12:50 AM #1
      This is to move the discussion from the 2006/2007 season where MANCHESTER UNITED won the English Premier League to the 2007/2008 season. COME ON YOU REDS!
      Step 1: Calm down about the CEL, embrace it, it adds more color to the instrument cluster

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      Mom's 2001 Mustang
      06-24-2007 10:57 AM #2
      First let me say Chelsea will follow up this years FA Cup with a third Premiership Championship. With ARSEnal out of the way and Henry gone, it should bve an easy stroll to the title. as long as we stay healthy.

4. 06-24-2007 11:17 AM #3

Modified by VR6rawdough at 8:19 AM 6-24-2007

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 06-24-2007 11:19 AM #4
      Quote, originally posted by Noah11 »
      it should bve an easy stroll to the title.

Cars
      87 Sheep Dog
      06-24-2007 05:00 PM #5
      WHUFC for UEFA this year.
      DCI VW | dt, at, lt <3 | The Celtic Football Club

Cars
      98 GLX, 06 X5, 07 A4
      06-25-2007 01:38 AM #6
      MUFC
      I'm pretty excited about the new signings.
      Sad to see Henry leave the EPL. He was/is a classy player.

Cars
      2006 Ford F150 Lariat
      06-25-2007 02:17 AM #7
      1-United
      2-Liverpool
      3-Chelski
      4-Sunderland
      ...that's right.
      Sunderland.
      r.i.p. roflwagen

Cars
      87 Sheep Dog
      06-25-2007 07:07 AM #8
      Quote, originally posted by zwei &raquo;
      1-United
      2-Liverpool
      3-Chelski
      4-Sunderland
      ...that's right.
      Sunderland.

Honestly, I wouldn't doubt it. Keano's the man.

11. 06-25-2007 09:23 AM #9
      Ahh, gonna be quite an interesting season in north London. 4th, maaayyybe 3rd?
      What's pissing me off are some of these spurs fans that think Arsenal has completely imploded, and that Tottenham are just gonna stroll in to take their place in thebig four.
      Still looking forward to kick off though...I've been dying over here.

Cars
      2006 Ford F150 Lariat
      06-25-2007 10:40 AM #10
      Quote, originally posted by JTiberiVR6 &raquo;
      Honestly, I wouldn't doubt it. Keano's the man.

exactly, sir. [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      r.i.p. roflwagen

13. 06-25-2007 11:17 AM #11
      Quote, originally posted by Jonny123 &raquo;
      Ahh, gonna be quite an interesting season in north London. 4th, maaayyybe 3rd?
      What's pissing me off are some of these spurs fans that think Arsenal has completely imploded, and that Tottenham are just gonna stroll in to take their place in thebig four.
      Still looking forward to kick off though...I've been dying over here.

Gonna be a very interesting and exciting season. The second generation Wenger team is now forming and will be exciting to see what they can do. I honestly think with a couple signings this summer will be a massive boost.
      to another great season

Cars
      2010 VW GTI
      06-25-2007 11:22 AM #12
      There is news in the sites (Football365/BBC Football) saying that Barca is going to let Eto'o go to Arsenal... MU will have something else to say I think.
      Step 1: Calm down about the CEL, embrace it, it adds more color to the instrument cluster

Cars
      87 Sheep Dog
      06-25-2007 03:09 PM #13
      Quote, originally posted by zwei &raquo;
      exactly, sir. [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

I like em for his FAI days not Man Utd. Just wanted to be clear on that.

16. 06-25-2007 04:13 PM #14
      Quote, originally posted by Weakness &raquo;
      There is news in the sites (Football365/BBC Football) saying that Barca is going to let Eto'o go to Arsenal... MU will have something else to say I think.

Hmm, haven't heard that yet. Doesn't seem too likely IMO...
      Would United really make a bid for Eto'o?? Start him over Saha, but would he be cool with second fiddle?

Cars
      2010 VW GTI
      06-25-2007 04:18 PM #15
      Quote, originally posted by Jonny123 &raquo;
      Would United really make a bid for Eto'o?? Start him over Saha, but would he be cool with second fiddle?

Saha vs Eto'o? I'll take Eto. Before he was injured (but he sounds to be ready for training) Saha was *possibly* looking elsewhere since his time was hnidered by injuries or no fame since Ronaldo and Rooney is the guys!

18. 06-25-2007 05:19 PM #16
      Yeah, obviously Eto'o is first choice there... I was just asking since I didn't think United was making a push for any strikers, certainly not big names.
      All in all it's moot because Eto'o isn't going anywhere.

Modified by Jonny123 at 5:21 PM 6-25-2007

Cars
      2010 VW GTI
      06-25-2007 08:27 PM #17

Henry completes move to Barcelona
      French striker Thierry Henry has completed his £16.1m move from Arsenal to Spanish club Barcelona.
      Henry, 29, passed a medical on Monday before being unveiled at the Nou Camp after signing a four-year deal with the Catalan outfit.
      "I'm really pleased to be here," said Henry after signing. "It has been a long chase but I am finally here. I am happy to be here and can't wait to show what I can do to. Hopefully, I can be a great asset for the team."
      Henry added: "I haven't set any targets or objectives. It has to be a club target. Barcelona is always a club that wants to win everything. I am going to try my hardest to help as much as I can. It has to be a team effort right from the start."
      Henry claimed two Premiership titles and three FA Cups with Arsenal but he failed to pick up a Champions League winners' medal during his illustrious spell with the Gunners. Henry helped Arsenal to the final of the competition in 2006 where they lost to his new employers and, after AC Milan won the competition last season, Henry has set his sights on helping them regain the European crown.
      "I have to live and breathe Barcelona," said the French striker. "It's a dream for everyone to win the Champions League and I'm sure it'll be the dream of Barcelona to win it again next season. "It's the only thing I didn't win at Arsenal but the most important thing is that Barcelona is successful and they win silverware."
      Henry resisted a move to Barcelona after the 2006 Champions League final, opting to sign a new four-year contract with Arsenal. But the exit of David Dein as Arsenal vice-chairman and the uncertainty over manager Arsene Wenger, whose contract runs out at the end of next season, contributed to a change of heart.
      Barcelona president Joan Laporta admitted Henry is a player the club have coveted for a long time. "Thierry Henry is a player we've been after for many years and now he's here," said Laporta. "Johan Cruyff wanted to sign Thierry Henry for Barcelona when he was a young player.
      "When I was elected president in 2003 I wanted to sign him, we also wanted to sign him last year and today it is a great pleasure to see him here. He is one of the best players in the world and given his quality, experience and commitment he comes to Barcelona at the perfect time."
      Wenger has played a major part in masterminding Henry's rise to prominence and Arsenal's manager paid tribute to the striker.
      "Thierry has been tremendous for us since he arrived in 1999," Wenger told the Arsenal website. He has excelled both as part of a team and individually. In short, he has become an Arsenal legend. Personally, I would like to thank Thierry for the huge contribution he has made to the club's success over the past eight years. To his great credit, he has mixed skill and style together with an appetite for winning. This wonderful combination was integral to our historical 49 games unbeaten run and all the honours he won at Arsenal, together with Thierry becoming the club's record goal scorer - an achievement which in my view is unlikely to be surpassed. It was Thierry's decision to leave Arsenal but he goes with my blessing. On behalf of everyone at the club, we wish him the very best for the future."
      Henry insists his departure from Arsenal will not have a detremental impact on their relationship. "The relationship I had with Arsene was out of this world - you can't imagine," said Henry. I was talking to him about private stuff, about anything."

20. 06-25-2007 09:31 PM #18
      Here's the last shot of what I will be thinking about when I think of Henry:

[IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      So I don't have to think of about this one:

[IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif[/IMG]
      Bring on the new era

Cars
      Mom's 2001 Mustang
      06-26-2007 08:46 AM #19
      I just hope Cheski can sign Malouda. Someone needs to replace that bum sheva.

22. 06-26-2007 08:53 AM #20
      Quote, originally posted by Noah11 &raquo;
      I just hope Cheski can sign Malouda. Someone needs to replace that bum sheva.

Give'm to us then and you can sign whoever you f*ckin want

23. 06-26-2007 10:17 AM #21
      Quote, originally posted by VR6rawdough &raquo;
      Bring on the new era

[IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      Thankfully Trez has signed for Juve, so we don't have to worry about any more speculation there. [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      And if the Sun is to be believed (I know, I know...it's the Sun ), seems like Tevez is excited about a possible Arsenal move. I reckon he'd command a good sum for his transfer though, which would probably deter Arsenal from any bids. Any idea what WHU would want for Tevez? JTib, heard any numbers?
      Oh, and [unfortunately] I think Shev could make a lot of the naysayers eat their words this season.
      edit: Could be a moot point about Gunners and Tevez if this is to be believed: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/n...=5901

Modified by Jonny123 at 12:15 PM 6-26-2007

Cars
      2010 VW GTI
      06-27-2007 07:01 AM #22
      Liverpool step up move for Torres
      Liverpool's hopes of landing top target Fernando Torres hang in the balance as talks continue with Atletico Madrid over the £27m-rated striker...
      ====
      You guys can click the link and read the full article.

25. 06-27-2007 08:57 AM #23
      Quote, originally posted by manutd.com &raquo;
      Ex-Bolton Wanderers defender Mike Whitlow believes former team-mate Eidur Gudjohnsen would be an ideal summer signing for United.
      The Icelandic international striker's future at current club Barcelona is currently shrouded in doubt following the arrival of Thierry Henry from Arsenal.
      Gudjohnsen has insisted he wants to stay and fight for a starting berth at Camp Nou, but has also voiced an interest in joining United if he leaves Catalonia.
      And former Trotters colleague Whitlow believes Gudjohnsen could provide United with similar qualities to those possessed by United legend Eric Cantona.
      "I have no doubt he would be ideal for United and a big hit with the fans," Whitlow told the Manchester Evening News. "He's been a success wherever he's been.
      "Playing with Barcelona can only improve you. He has a rare quality of being able to link play and create opportunities for others as well as scoring goals."
      While Gudjohnsen isn't the archetypal goal poacher Sir Alex Ferguson is said to be scouring the transfer market for, Whitlow feels the 28-year-old has enough quality in other departments to be a success at Old Trafford.
      "Some suggest he doesn't score enough goals," he said. But you are never going to please everyone and I'm sure some Arsenal fans said Bergkamp didn't get enough goals.
      "But how much unselfish stuff did he do and how many goals did he create? Cantona was like that and I believe Eidur is a similar type of player.
      "It wouldn't bother Sir Alex if Eidur didn't get 20 goals a season because he would see what other things he brought to the party."

As I don't see Eto'o going anywhere I think this would be a much more viable option for SAF to swoop in, especially if Eidur is interested in playing for United. [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

26. 06-28-2007 03:40 AM #24
      As an Arsenal fan Im sad to see Henry go, but i think it will be a rebuilding year for Arsenal and whatever coaching staff they finally do go with. It'll be fun to watch West Ham after last years escape from relegation and of course Tevez who go them there.

27. 06-28-2007 09:26 AM #25
      *off topic ...does any one know if any EPL or any top flight teams are coming over to the states to show us how the game is really played. I know chelsea will be in LA but i've tried to do a search and that is the only team i can find that is crossing the pond.

Page 1 of 59 123451151 ... LastLast