VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Issues with BlueTooth - just me?

24K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  BAILITY 
#1 ·
When I use by cellphone, a treo 750, with my 2007 RS4, it connects and disconnects every 5-10 minutes, with an audible chime that pauses the stereo. So far it hasn't dropped any calls, but it's still really annoying over a longer drive, so I usually turn the BT off on the phone unless I'm actually using it. Is anyone else having this problem? Or know of a fix?

#3 ·
Re: Issues with BlueTooth - just me? (George@Fourtitude)

Quote, originally posted by George@Fourtitude »
I think you can use a VAGCOM to get rid of the chime. I'll check on that though to verify. That won't fix it per se, but it'll get rid of the annoying chime.

I haven't seen any VAG-COM hacks that would allow for this so it would be great if true. My Q7's MMI/BT system quietly connects/disconnects without any chimes

#5 ·
Re: Issues with BlueTooth - just me? (George@Fourtitude)

I emailed this thread to our guy who has a VAG-COM. I thought he said he disabled it on his 07 RS 4. I'll try to get him in here ASAP to confirm.

No, what I disabled was the chime for the seat belt. I'm sure there is a hack to get the bluetooth chime to disable, but I haven't looked for it.
As for the bluetooth, it's odd that you are losing bluetooth signal every 5-10 minutes. Either the radio in the car is faulty, or your bluetooth radio in your Treo is faulty. If I had to guess, I'd vote for the Treo. I have a Treo 700 deployed here at work, and it's had quite a few faults. I don't know if the 750 is any better....
On a related note, I have a Motorola Q that I paired with my Nav system, and my Q reboots itself quite often when it's paired. I would have to vote again that it's a problem with my Q and not with the car.
I like having the chime though cause then I'm like "....And my phone restarted itself, again!"

I'm going to go to Verizon and have them replace my Q and see if the new phone keeps rebooting itself. Do you have another phone you can pair with your car for testing purposes? Do you have any connection issues with a bluetooth headset?
- Anthony

#6 · (Edited)
I emailed this thread to ] our guy who has a VAG-COM. I thought he said he disabled it on his 07 RS 4. I'll try to get him in here ASAP to confirm.

No, what I disabled was the chime for the seat belt. Audacity Find My iPhone Origin I'm sure there is a hack to get the bluetooth chime to disable, but I haven't looked for it.
As for the bluetooth, it's odd that you are losing bluetooth signal every 5-10 minutes. Either the radio in the car is faulty, or your bluetooth radio in your Treo is faulty. If I had to guess, I'd vote for the Treo. I have a Treo 700 deployed here at work, and it's had quite a few faults. I don't know if the 750 is any better....
On a related note, I have a Motorola Q that I paired with my Nav system, and my Q reboots itself quite often when it's paired. I would have to vote again that it's a problem with my Q and not with the car.
I like having the chime though cause then I'm like "....And my phone restarted itself, again!"

I'm going to go to Verizon and have them replace my Q and see if the new phone keeps rebooting itself. Do you have another phone you can pair with your car for testing purposes? Do you have any connection issues with a bluetooth headset?
- Anthony
it connects and disconnects every 5-10 minutes, with an audible chime that pauses the stereo. So far it hasn't dropped any calls, but it's still really annoying over a longer drive, so I usually turn the BT off on the phone unless I'm actually using it. Is anyone else having this problem? Or know of a fix?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.