Fourtitude.com - Issues with BlueTooth - just me?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. 02-03-2007 06:01 PM #1
      When I use by cellphone, a treo 750, with my 2007 RS4, it connects and disconnects every 5-10 minutes, with an audible chime that pauses the stereo. So far it hasn't dropped any calls, but it's still really annoying over a longer drive, so I usually turn the BT off on the phone unless I'm actually using it. Is anyone else having this problem? Or know of a fix?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Blog Entries
      Cars
      2013 Audi TT S line competition, 1984 Audi 4000S quattro, 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
      02-15-2007 01:26 AM #2
      I think you can use a VAGCOM to get rid of the chime. I'll check on that though to verify. That won't fix it per se, but it'll get rid of the annoying chime.

4. 02-15-2007 08:43 AM #3
      Quote, originally posted by [email protected] »
      I think you can use a VAGCOM to get rid of the chime. I'll check on that though to verify. That won't fix it per se, but it'll get rid of the annoying chime.

I haven't seen any VAG-COM hacks that would allow for this so it would be great if true. My Q7's MMI/BT system quietly connects/disconnects without any chimes

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Member
      Blog Entries
      Cars
      2013 Audi TT S line competition, 1984 Audi 4000S quattro, 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
      02-15-2007 10:43 AM #4
      I emailed this thread to our guy who has a VAG-COM. I thought he said he disabled it on his 07 RS 4. I'll try to get him in here ASAP to confirm.

7. Administrator Emeritus adg44's Avatar
      02-16-2007 11:29 AM #5
      I emailed this thread to our guy who has a VAG-COM. I thought he said he disabled it on his 07 RS 4. I'll try to get him in here ASAP to confirm.

No, what I disabled was the chime for the seat belt. I'm sure there is a hack to get the bluetooth chime to disable, but I haven't looked for it.
      As for the bluetooth, it's odd that you are losing bluetooth signal every 5-10 minutes. Either the radio in the car is faulty, or your bluetooth radio in your Treo is faulty. If I had to guess, I'd vote for the Treo. I have a Treo 700 deployed here at work, and it's had quite a few faults. I don't know if the 750 is any better....
      On a related note, I have a Motorola Q that I paired with my Nav system, and my Q reboots itself quite often when it's paired. I would have to vote again that it's a problem with my Q and not with the car.
      I like having the chime though cause then I'm like "....And my phone restarted itself, again!"
      I'm going to go to Verizon and have them replace my Q and see if the new phone keeps rebooting itself. Do you have another phone you can pair with your car for testing purposes? Do you have any connection issues with a bluetooth headset?
      - Anthony

8. 02-18-2016 07:11 AM #6
      found the topic interesting

9. 06-05-2019 03:53 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by adg44 View Post
      I emailed this thread to ] our guy who has a VAG-COM. I thought he said he disabled it on his 07 RS 4. I'll try to get him in here ASAP to confirm.

No, what I disabled was the chime for the seat belt. Audacity Find My iPhone Origin I'm sure there is a hack to get the bluetooth chime to disable, but I haven't looked for it.
      As for the bluetooth, it's odd that you are losing bluetooth signal every 5-10 minutes. Either the radio in the car is faulty, or your bluetooth radio in your Treo is faulty. If I had to guess, I'd vote for the Treo. I have a Treo 700 deployed here at work, and it's had quite a few faults. I don't know if the 750 is any better....
      On a related note, I have a Motorola Q that I paired with my Nav system, and my Q reboots itself quite often when it's paired. I would have to vote again that it's a problem with my Q and not with the car.
      I like having the chime though cause then I'm like "....And my phone restarted itself, again!"
      I'm going to go to Verizon and have them replace my Q and see if the new phone keeps rebooting itself. Do you have another phone you can pair with your car for testing purposes? Do you have any connection issues with a bluetooth headset?
      - Anthony
      it connects and disconnects every 5-10 minutes, with an audible chime that pauses the stereo. So far it hasn't dropped any calls, but it's still really annoying over a longer drive, so I usually turn the BT off on the phone unless I'm actually using it. Is anyone else having this problem? Or know of a fix?
      Last edited by BAILITY; 06-06-2019 at 05:23 PM.